Welsh Learners Conversation Group In Flint, North Wales

Helo! I’m hoping some of you who live in and around the Flint area might be interested in coming along to a (currently) twice weekly Welsh conversation group for learners of all levels/abilities in Flint. The group has only been going for a couple of weeks and is so far a bit thin on the ground for attendees! We meet on Tuesdays at 1pm at Caffi’r Hen Lys on Church Street, Flint and again at 8pm on Thursday evenings at the Royal Oak pub, again on Church Street in Flint. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further details. We’re very keen to get more people to come along! Thanks!

3 Likes

Helo mab o saer a chroeso i’r fforwm.

Hello son of joiner and welcome to the forum

Thanks for letting us know @sonofajoiner. I’ll put your announcement in our weekly email.

1 Like

Diolch! There were only 2 of us there last week so any help drumming up interest is appreciated!

2 Likes

Same in the cafe this week and last.

But i suppose it means i have try and talk for two hours!

A few did show an interest here

I didn’t see you’d already posted about it @Pete2 ! A search of the forum didn’t seem to find that post. Apologies for that. I’ve tried to give the group another push with a fb group I follow for learners & will again as part of “Yr Awr Gymraeg” on twitter tonight. My welsh conversation really isn’t up to 2 hours of chatting, especially with Clive! There have to be some more learners in the area who can come along.

2 Likes

Dim problem o gwbl.

Nice to hear of another learner in the area. I started last May so rest assured you’ll be more than capable as i’m sure you know already.

2 Likes

Hi all. Just a quick reminder that the group is meeting tonight at 8pm in the Royal Oak at the bottom of Church Street in Flint. It’s only a small pub so you should find us easily enough but, just in case, look for the man wearing a red dragon baseball cap! I really hope some of you can make it.

1 Like

I can’t tonight but hope to see you soon.

If there are people that are perhaps interested in coming along to the group but who can’t make it on either of the days/times mentioned then they could potentially be changed. Clive (the man trying to get the group going) just picked tuesdays & thursdays as he had to pick something! If there are times/days that suit people better than please let me or perhaps @Pete2 know & we can pass that back to Clive. It would be a real shame for the group to peter out so soon!

2 Likes

Hi all. Just a quick reminder that the group meets again today from 1pm in Caffi’r Hen Llys in Flint should anyone be able to come. We are really keen to get more people to attend so any suggestions from others about how to make the meetings more convenient etc would be welcome!

3 Likes

Would have been today but had a day trip to Colwyn Bay, walked towards Rhos and lots of Welsh spoken along Prom. Now reading my book.

1 Like

Prynhawn da. (I hope that is right). Dw’in byw yn Ewloe!! I would be interested in coming along sometime. I haven’t been learning very long and my welsh is pretty basic but dwi eisiau ymarfer moi. I cant do any days as working and run (rhedeg) on a Thursday until 8 so could possibly come later. If you do change the days at any time please let me know as definitely interested.
Beverley

1 Like

Hi Beverley. I’m pretty slow at speaking myself so I wouldn’t worry! I can’t make daytimes either so have been going along in the evenings and at the moment it’s basically me & Clive (who started the group). I know he’s busy Monday & Tuesday evenings, and I have Welsh class on Tuesdays but we could change to another evening if more people can make it. Or you could come along later on Thursday as we tend to be there til at least 10. I’ll have a chat with Clive this Thursday about the possibility of moving the evening meetup to Wednesday evenings perhaps. I’m just pleased that someone else is interested in coming along!

1 Like

Another reminder about tonight’s meetup from 8pm onwards in the Royal Oak, Flint. Sadly I won’t be able to make it as I’ve completely lost my voice! But Clive will be there if anyone is able to go. I really hope some more people are able to start coming along. Clive & me are running out of things to talk about! And, again, if there is an evening that suits people better please let us know & we can look into changing it!

1 Like

Hello again! A quick reminder that we are meeting again tonight at 8 in the Royal Oak. Really hope to see some more people come along. And again, if people are interested in the group but can’t make the times/days then please do say and they can very likely be changed. We really do want as many people as possible to be able to attend!

1 Like

Are the Tuesday and/or Thursday meetings still on? I frequently attend the Saith Seren in Wrecsam on Monday evenings (which start at 7pm) despite my living in Bolton, Lancashire, though I haven’t been as often as I would like since December.

I would be quite interested in popping over to Y Fflint sometime, but it would be good to know if people were still meeting there before I set off on a journey of about 50-60 miles.

1 Like

No idea Bob, as I haven’t been able to go for a while. But here’s a link to the contact details.

2 Likes

Thanks’ Pete, I can phone Clive to check before going. Or I may bump into him next time I get to the 7 Seren :smile:

Dim problem Bob.

With two bob’s at saith seren am i allowed to address the pair of you as bob bob? :wink:

1 Like