What's outside

Heddiw - Today.

Cennin pedr - Daffodil.

Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

What a great photo ! That’s my local B+Q and I freely admit that I pop in from time to time for stuff to fluff the house/garden with, and have a wander along the river with the dog, before tucking into a burger from the van in the car park. Funnily enough, the dog’s tail is extra waggy when we turn left into that particular place, as he knows he gets some of the burger too !

1 Like

Well, I hope no-one is caught up in this Or any other of the four blazes.

3 Likes

Heddiw - Today.

Bodau geirios - cherry blossom/flowers.

Adlewyrchiad pont camlas - canal bridge reflection.

Cheers J.P.

10 Likes

Those are great photos, JP - especially the canal bridge! Lovely!

Here it is still winter. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

In my other post last week I showed how tough conditions are In the suburbs. This is a photo taken off the mid day news of overnight action against the fires here:

3 Likes

Yikes. Stay safe out there!

2 Likes

Neithiwr, oedd hi’n bwrw eira ETO. Wnes i ddihuno i ffindio hyn (tua 30 cm o eira). Sa i’n hapus - dw i’n moyn blodau! :slightly_frowning_face: :tulip:
Last night, it snowed AGAIN. I woke up to find this (about a foot of snow/30 cm). I’m not happy - I want flowers!

edited: Why did I write bwrw glaw? Wishful thinking!

7 Likes

I’m so going to say hefryd/lovely.

2 Likes

It snowed here last night as well, but not as much, thankfully, and the sun is out today (though the temp got down to 0F this morning, which is -18C).

@AnnaC, I know you are in the US, somewhere north of me (I’m in Missouri), but I don’t have you on the map so I’m not sure just where!

2 Likes

I’m in the northeast. I’m not on the map because I’m a bit careful about privacy on the internet so I’m deliberately a little vague about personal things :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sean-O, if you and I could combine our weather and each have a happy medium, I think we’d both like that! :wink:

2 Likes

Looks brrr.

But there’s somethng about sun on the snow (when you are lucky enough to enjoy having both) that I tried to capture here at sunset 100 km north of Yellowknife a few weeks ago. Although some ice-fisherfolk had lit a fire to make charcoal for their smoker, they kept a watchful eye over it, and the sun going down filtered a spectacular light through the trees. It was a balmy minus 25 at the time—bit nippy on the fingers :confused:

7 Likes

Heavy hail here in Caerfyrddin. Can’t take a photo as 1) I don’t know where my phone is at the moment, and 2) it is nearly 2200, so any pictures won’t show anyway !

What a change to a week ago when I was outside in jeans and a t-shirt, and mowing the grass !

3 Likes

A spot of hail in Ammanford just a while ago.

1 Like

That is truly beautiful! Hyfryd!

(Can’t say I’d like those temperatures, though! :cold_face:)

2 Likes

Yep it’s back to wind and rain in southern England,
Not many things come out for a photo :frowning_face:

Cheers J.P.

I’m braced for the next band of heavy rain due through this afternoon/evening. The lambs are sensibly staying inside the shelters - I think they heard the forecast ! We are dressed for the occasion.

8 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Madfall - Common lizard.

Cheers J.P.

12 Likes

Wonderful photo J.P.!

2 Likes