1-1 Skype practice partner(s) needed

That’s definitely very encouraging to know - thank you!

That’s even more encouraging to know! I’m beginning to feel all warm and fuzzy :smile:

Will certainly hook up again soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s the spirit! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I m in Wales - you can mail me direct (rerab.rerab@talktalk.net) and we could set up a trial skype to see how it goes

1 Like

I’ve just had a first chat with @hilary. I am simply amazed. It is hard to believe that she has only been learning for a few weeks. Intensive language acquisition obviously works! She sounds like someone who has been learning for at least a year. Wow!

This had made me realise that my vocabulary has expanded, that I’ve started to say things in more ways than the simple ways. I need to make sure I don’t forget how to keep things simple!

6 Likes

Da iawn chi dau! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mi fasai’n diddordeb efo fi glywed ohono chi neu bobl arall. Dw i’n byw yn Swistir ac yn dysgu Cymraeg ers blynyddoed .Da i ddim yn byw yng Nghymru mae’n dda efo fi medru ymarfer efo Skype.
margaret.steinmann@gmx.net

Hi @margaretsteinmann Could you put this into English, please, so other learners can understand it. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hilary fach, I think maybe she put it all yn y Gymraeg so those like me wouldn’t waste her time by offering to Skype, as I doubt if I would understand one word in 5!!

1 Like

We do try to keep to English on the forum (outside the ‘practice reading/writing’ thread!) - so that early stage learners feel a full part of the community, but also because plenty of our intermediate or advanced learners have (following our instructions!) done very little reading yet… :slight_smile:

Margaret said:

I’d be interested in hearing from you or others. I live in Switzerland and (have been) learning Welsh for years. I don’t live in Wales, it’s good for me to be able to practise with Skype.

2 Likes

I predicted it’s Switzerland but I didn’t really know. Thank you.

1 Like