2016 Tresaith Bootcamp July 23-30

Bore da, bawb!

Everyone should have received their welcome email by now (I sent them about 2 minutes ago!) - if you haven’t received yours please let me know here, or email me on iestyn <at. saysomethinginwelsh.com

Diolch tatjana for the heads-up on the broken link on the old forum: I’ve mended it now. It’s to do with the fact that everything in the old forum is now “old…” rather than “www…”, but we haven’t been through the old forum changing all the internal links, for obvious reasons…

Cat and I, plus our two daughters (our sons will be in France by then) are looking forward to meeting you all!

1 Like

I’m glad I could help. I rether thought that if I’d log into the old forum (I was member there but didn’t post much) I’d get all the links, but since many of members here weren’t members there it wuldn’t help much so I didn’t even try. Now I’ll happily look at that list. :slight_smile:

Dw i wedi derbyn yr ebost! Diolch Iestyn, dw i’n edrych ymlaen at y bootcamp a chyfarfod pawb.

3 Likes

Now that all (proper) cards are in my hands I can say ---------------- so do I. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got your e-mail, thank you.
My contact details are the same like last year, do you need address and numbers again?
I’ll stay from Friday to Saturday in Aberystwyth and will go by bus to Tresaith.

1 Like

In case you didn’t see yet @Iestyn, I’ve got your mail and sent one (colorful) back with the info you’ve requested.

Can someone pinch me so I can be sure I’m not dreaming maybe? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’re not dreaming!

1 Like

The whole thing is shapping up for me so I’ve got a click in my head: Does anyone know for handy, not so tinny printed (or digital for that matter) and as simple as possible Cymraeg i Cymraeg (Welsh to Welsh) geiriadur?

Hi Brigitte

I’ll be coming through Aberystwyth by car - happy to give you a lift if you need one.

Isata

Hi Isata
Thank you very much for your kind offer. I’d go by bus, it’s no problem if the weather is fine, but I’d be happy to start Bootcamp already in Aberystwyth.
When would you come through Aber and where would you like to meet?

YAY! Bydd Isata fod yna hefyd! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem at all. I’ve messaged you.

@tatjana You’re coming too! I can’t believe we’re going to meet at last. Cyffrous iawn!

If you’re looking for a digital one, Geriadur Prifysgol Cymru is excellent. It does Welsh to Welsh and Welsh to English (and vice versa). It’s available on Android and iOS.

(I hope this has worked - I’m trying to write several replies in one. I think I might have made a mess!)

1 Like

Thank you @Isata. How strange. I have that Geriadur on my tablet but never even tried to translate Cymraeg to Cymraeg … :slight_smile: Will try these days.

Yes, I am comming too. The destiny and people were nice with me these two or three months but it was all uncertain even a week ago.

No mess made especially nothing what couldn’t be mend or left as it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe we should move this conversation here …

I was happy to talk with you and @BronwenLewis today aswell. On my quick glance, you both don’t speak Cymraeg so bad so you have to be confident and not nervous. The speach and usage of structures and phrases is much more advanced and complex then mine and what’s main thing, we understood each other prefectly well. Well at least I did so.

Looking forward to meat you both and all the rest. 18 more days to go …

Dw i’n mor gyffroes am wythnos nesa nawr! Jyst un diwrnod o waith i fynd!

1 Like

Dw i’n hedfan yfory … :slight_smile:

1 Like

One last minute question …

I’ve read carefully what to bring list and went more or less along with it but I didn’t see one thing: Do I have to bring sheet too or is it provided by default. I packed it though but if it isn’t neccessary to bring I’d rather unpack it as I already have sufficient of bagage to carry. :slight_smile:

Thx.

A sheet is not provided, but if you are taking a sleeping bag, you probably don’t need one. Pillows are provided, but you need to take a pillow case.

1 Like

Home again, and speaking English. And now AT LAST I can say to my fellow Bootcampers all the things that I couldn’t manage to get out in even the most mangled Welsh:

Cwtch a xxxx

4 Likes

Finally home. Signal failure meant I had to take a bus (the rail replacement service - I wonder if they’d be willing to take a tin of tuna as a money replacement service?) from Aberystwyth to Shrewsbury…

Thanks all for a great week.

4 Likes