2016 Tresaith Bootcamp July 23-30

Sadly, though I carried my camera around everywhere, I have a habit of leaving it in my bag! Here’s what I did manage to get, some of them taken by someone else during Vicky’s brilliant game at the Noson Lawen, hence the silly poses. I hope nobody minds but I’m assuming you’d have said when the photos were taken if you didn’t want them seen (if you don’t like your picture being up, just scream and I’ll delete… @brigitte @BronwenLewis @AnthonyCusack @hectorgrey @lynne_freudigmann @anon86454181 @Iestyn @elkiedeadman)

10 Likes

I love this! I’d have loved to go to bootcamp at that stage! (Well ok, any stage really!)

3 Likes

I made about 650 pics and videos alltogether most on Bootcamp going around and I’ll slowly put them on my dropbox. I’m transferring them to my computer right now and at the half of the process it says 45 minutes more until it all finishes to be transferred.

I took a look at some videos and to my saddness two or three of them are of really lousy quality. I’ll try to do some tricks to mend them as much as possible or I’ll try to search for proffessional help as one of them (or two, can’t quite remember) are the cutest ones - kids singing … So stay tunned for more in this topic or in my Cymru - I’m coming! (and a bit of help please) topic.

1 Like

Today, I took up a dare from @AnthonyCusack, and attended my first Welsh conversation class, whose members include (Duw!) a Cymro Cymraeg. Thank goodness I had a renowned actress and jazz singer to hold my hand. I’m hoping to meet up with @Isata later in the week. Next week, @lynne_freudigmann is coming to Machynlleth, of all places, and we’re up for a quick Skype with anyone Tue-Thu evening. That means you, @tatjana!

Next I want to start speaking Welsh to local people I’ve always spoken to in English. I hope the Bootcamp Bounce lasts long enough to meet this challenge! How’s everyone else getting on?

3 Likes

Well, @BronwenLewis, that means next Thuesday to Thursday evening? If that’s about 8 or 9 pm my time (what means 7 or 8 pm your time) this is fine with me. Next week I (finally) start to work again. I’ve taken this week off to collect my soul spread around Slovenia and Cymru. I bet some of it is still in Tresaith hounting Canolfan there and part in Caerdydd strolling from Y Mochyn du to Nero Caffee …

Otherwise I’m just fine and just today I rather said my toast yn Cymraeg then Slofeneg to my two men. We had special occassion lunch with tatarian beefsteak and Welsh wine I’ve brought from bwtcamp visit to delightful winary … Glasses sounded just perfectly when giving a toast with such great wine in them. :slight_smile:

Don’t think, just do that! The bwtcamp effect still holds with me … I feel just Cymraeg(ly) great! :slight_smile: so should you.

Oh, by the way … how’s @lynne_freudigmann the legend?.

2 Likes

I’d be up for a Skype, or even a face to face meet up Tues or Wed next week. I’ll have to go to Brum sometime Wed, so Wed afternoon onwards will be impossible, but I’m around before then.

I’m in Mach on Friday. Will you be there? Either way, hopefully see you on Saturday with @helenlindsay and whoever else is around?

That will never stop being funny. I’m chuckling to myself insanely while my partner looks at me as though I’ve lost it. As for the Bootcamp Bounce, I’ve decided to restructure my life to make room for lots of Welsh language opportunities, starting with the sgwrs in Llanidloes and an occasional drop-in at the one in Caersws. And my visits to Losin Lush will from now be yn Gymraeg, despite making a complete fool of myself on the way back from Bootcamp by being unable to speak in either Welsh or English!

4 Likes

So, Tatjana, today I tried speaking Welsh to the woman at the checkout in the Co-op. She looked a bit startled, so I told her I’d just been on a week’s Welsh-only bootcamp. And then what we all dread happened - she launched into a torrent of Welsh question of which the only words I understood were @helenlindsay. ‘Ydw’, I guessed in reply, and found out she was Helen’s neighbour. Piece of cake! Next, my hairdresser…

6 Likes

Ah yes, my next door neighbour Rhian. I find her accent quite hard to follow, so well done. At least now I’m forewarned that she might talk to me about meeting you - that gives me a head start! :blush:

2 Likes

YAY! Hapus, hapus, hapus iawn! :slight_smile:

I said it will go just fine. And if you can’t understand something, you can still always say: “Maen’ drwg da fi. Dw i ddim wedi deall. Un waith moy plis…” I did that some times and I’m still in one piece … nothing happened except people went around to tell things different way, just like at bwtcamp … :slight_smile:

Da iawn ti! Llongyfarchiadau! Her nesaf nawr … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Da iawn Bronwen! Dwi’n mor hapus i ei glywed fo!

1 Like

I am burning with curiosity! I read ‘of all places’ and thought, “but Mach isn’t a weird place to go! Owain Glyndwr’s Senedd was there! It’s famous!”. Then I read Isata’s quote above and thought, "Oh, something funny must have happened at Bootcamp (Lesewch gwersyll) to do with Machynlleth or ‘of all places’ or both! So now my curiosity bump is itching something terrible!

The day after I returned from the Eisteddfod, where @tatjana gave us presents, I was volunteering in the Owain Glyndŵr Senedd-Dŷ. I took a photo of my Slovenia wristband there - so a little bit of Tatjana has visited Machynlleth! (But I don’t know why it’s funny…?!)

6 Likes

Ahh … Diolch. :slight_smile:

There were so many of SSiWers on that gathering I just hope I didn’t leave someone out of giving a little present apart from those who were at bwtcamp who have got their little presents there already. :slight_smile: If someone was left out, let me be excused and besides … one more reason I come back one day bringing little presents from Slovenia with me again.

And, yes, I knew I’m still wandering around in Cymru somewhere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lynne acted out the story of Sosban Fach. She used the line “…sosban fawr yn berwi ar y llawr - of all places!”

1 Like

What @AnthonyCusack says. It was a ‘you had to be there’ moment, I think. But I’m laughing out loud again! (The few glasses of wine I’ve had might be helping…)

2 Likes

I understand now! It was nothing to do with Machynlleth really! Mind, my enduring memory of being there was meeting another car on a right-angled bend and crunching slightly. We both got out, he, in strong American accent, protesting that I was on his side of the road.
I pointed, wordlessly. “Oh!”, he said.
“We are as bad as each other!”, I said, and he had to agree.
We were equally across the white line, virtually to the millimetre!

1 Like

It seems that at almost every bootcamp someone says something that becomes the catchphrase for that particular group. It only takes one person to mention the phrase and everyone falls about laughing again.
I was there for the “of all places” and it was unexpected and very funny. A great memory of a wonderful evening!

2 Likes

Hollywood, here I come!

2 Likes

I’m expecting a full re-enactment on Wednesday! And I’d love to see @BronwenLewis’s performance again, but it was terrifying!

Peidiwch ymosod fi!

All being recorded BUT remains available only for bootcampers of July Bootcamp (as promissed) when I finish putting together this whole thing. Just to let you know that I didn’t forget what I’ve said but I want it to be done “proffessionally” so you’d get really good piece of memory …

But, you probably remember the famous Simon and Carolyn’s sketch from Bootcamp last year (last year means 2014 tough). It was hilarious! And since @lynne_freudigmann is on the way to become Hollywood star, if she approves of course, I can put this particular sketch as unlisted (what means only those who have link can see it) online so you’d be able to see it …