2016 Tresaith Bootcamp July 23-30

@BronwenLewis I’ve invited you and @elkiedeadman to the message list where you should be able to link to and download my scan. I’ve restricted this to July Bootcamp participants in the hope that I’m not infringing Lingo’s copyright. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any problems viewing the pdf file.

Diolch yn fawr iawn @hewrop. Dw i wedi darllen popeth yn barod. :slight_smile:

Yes, brings back memories - lots of wonderful memories …

Thanks so much for sharing that!

@hewrop I have subscribed to Lingo Newydd, I hope I get the edition with the relevant article and picture. Meanwhile, @tatjana asked about another paper. If anyone has a copy, if it is not available on-line, maybe they could put any pics on here? Oh, and if I’ve missed the edition of Lingo Newydd…maybe you could let me see the pic, as it is now ‘old news’!

Yes please from me too!

The issue (Hydref-Tachwedd 2016 rhifn 104) has only just arrived with me. If yours fails to arrive in the next week or so, please contact me again and I’ll be glad to PM you a link since you are a Lingo subscriber. If I were you, I’d also let Lingo know (lingonewydd@golwg.com) that they owe you a copy.

Please check my invitation :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Lingo Newydd just came - I was thrilled to see the group at bwtcamp and read the interviews! Da iawn pawb! What an amazingly varied group. And it’s always great to see a plug for SSiW! :slight_smile:

I agree with @hewrop - it’s a great magazine for learners who are ready to try reading. And there is also an electronic version available via the Golwg app if you’re so inclined - a lot cheaper for those of us outside the UK/Europe.

3 Likes

Brilliant - diolch yn fawr @hewrop.

@tatjana - the interview by the mill was for Lingo Newydd. Llinos spoke to us on the beach (and took the picture) and sent out a press release, which was then picked up by Lingo Newydd, so they’ve used Llinos’ picture, but their own interviews.

It’s a great article, though, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Yes, brilliant! The surprise to find out our interviews are published in Lingo Newydd was perfect. I just don’t know was really not said this is the magazine they’ll be published in or I didn’t listen carefully and … yah, my memory holds as many holes as old rusted pot. :slight_smile: - haha!

However I’m a bit confused now. Llinos made kind of interview with me and Marc on the beach too so we were actually interviewed twice. What was that interview on the beach for then?

No, don’t understand me wrong, I don’t aim to be “famous” :slight_smile: I’m just curoius. More or less I’ve said the same things twice anyway and forgot to say 100 of other things I should say. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t aim to be “famous”

I guess you’re just going to have to live with it @tatjana.
An accomplished Slovenian Welsh speaker can’t avoid fame. :smile:

4 Likes

Yn wir!
And, @hewrop, diolch! I did e-mail Lingo Newydd and my copy arrived this morning, so all well! Found picture and read @tatjana’s interview. Will read more later! Well done, pawb!

1 Like

Belated “Diolch” :slight_smile:

@Iestyn I’d like to know one thing and since the reading happened at one evening of the Bootcamp I thought I’d ask here What is the title of the children’s book from which you’ve read that story about Penguin and a cranc who were on holidays playing … Diolch.

That sounds a lot like ‘Pengwin ar ei Wyliau’ - which it seems you can listen to here:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

O, yes, @aran. This is the one. Diolch.

1 Like

I was talking to Elkie the other day, and we were saying how much we were missing you all, and wondering how you were all getting on. So this is advance notice that we’re inviting you to a quick Skype catch-up after Christmas. Time 10.30 a.m. (so Lynne can join us from Brisbane). Date: either Tue 26 December or Wed 27 December, to try to catch some of the workers among you before you return to work. Please let me know whether you can join us, and if so, which day(s) you could be free.
@tatjana, @lynne-freudigmann, @isata, @anthonycusack, @brigitte, @elkiedeadman, @hectorgrey, - and if you know the forum names of Katie and Mark, please forward this to them, too!

2 Likes

Sorry, all, I’m a year ahead of myself. I meant Tue 27th, or Wed 28th…

What a fantastic idea! 28th would be best for me, I think as I’m likely to be travelling on 27th, but I’m sure I can work around whatever date is best for the majority. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

1 Like

I will almost certainly be available pretty much any time.

1 Like

This gives me enough time to get Skype!

1 Like