2017 And the WINNERS are

Drumroll please!

Here are the winners of this year’s SSiW Online Eisteddfod. I’m sure everyone had as much trouble as I did trying to decide which entries to vote for. The standard was very high, and it was hard to pick between them. All the entrants are to be congratulated on their achievements, but there has to be a winner, as they say, and here they are with their forum names and the categories they won.

• Book Review - Post Beginner (@AnnaC) - for her review of the book Sgŵp
  • Welsh Prose - Post Beginner (@gailrichards and @RichardBuck) - Gail Richards and Richard Buck (Joint winners)
  • Welsh Poem - (@carolevans) - Carol Evans
  • Englyn Milwr - (@bryanroberts) - Bryan Roberts
  • Recitation - (@RichardBuck) - Richard Buck
  • Traditional Song - Solo - (@joanie and @andreawild) - Joanie Holland Schaffer and Andrea Wild (Joint winners)
  • Traditional Song - Group (@lewie and @Jamielyn) - Jeff Lewis and Jamie Webster - our first ever winners in this new category!
  • Cerdd Dant - (@joanie) - Joanie Holland Schaffer
  • Visual Art - (@upthebloodytree) - Ray Burnell

Llongyfarchiadau once again, and you’ll all be hearing from me shortly as I get the prizes organised. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Llongyfarchaidau mawr i bawb. :smiley: :clap: :trophy:

4 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau! :grinning:
Really enjoyed reading, listening to and seeing everything :blush:

4 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn to everyone! :star: :star2: :dizzy:

I thought the singing entries were particularly remarkable - hugely enjoyed them - especially that very creative group piece - and @joanie, it takes a lot to get me to sit through Cerdd Dant, but I really loved your piece… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau . I particularly enjoyed the group singing too

5 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau bawb!

All entries were good so I enjoyed absolutely everything! Where I didn’t vote I just really couldn’t decide who’s work to pick. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr, @aran. :smile:

3 Likes

Credit goes to @Jamielyn for the creativity as she did the arrangement! :sunny: :slight_smile: Diolch o galon, @aran.

5 Likes

Arrangement, that was the word I was looking for (while swearing colourfully under my breath). :slight_smile:

1 Like

There used to be a lesson about rugby on the “old” version of the website, and it’s gone missing since things switched to the “new look”. Learning to yell at the refs was the closest we’ve gotten to an SSiW lesson on swearing. (And yet we’re told in the lessons we are allowed to swear at the tutors :slight_smile: ) Those of us who don’t live in Wales simply aren’t getting the exposure we need…I think there should be a bonus lesson. I want to be able to swear colorfully/colourfully under my breath :wink: :joy:

6 Likes

On a more serious note… :slight_smile:

Llongyfarchiadau mawrion to everyone who participated in the Eisteddfod Ar-lein, and a special shout out to the winners. The quality of all the entries was amazing, and I enjoyed reading/looking at/listening to all of them. Da iawn pawb!

5 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau i bawb. Dwi’n wrth fy modd i enill eto a chyffroes i gael llyfr o Bethan Gwanas. Diolch o galon i bawb at SSIW am eu gwaith caled yn drefnu’r Eisteddfod am flwyddyn arall.
Carol
Here’s a translation to keep within the forum’s guidelines: :smile:
Congratulations, everyone. I’m delighted to win again and I’m excited to receive Bethan Gwanas’ book. Many thanks to SSIW for their hard work organising the Eisteddfod for another year.

2 Likes

Wow! Bethan was very quick off the mark, and also extremely impressed with your poem. I took the liberty of sending her your winning entry as she wanted to know what level of book she should choose to send. I hope you don’t mind.

I’m still working things out with some of the other sponsors, but other prizes will be arriving before too long, hopefully!

5 Likes