2017 Online Eisteddfod

Helo pawb!

I hope you’re all well. Is anyone else as excited about this year’s Eisteddfod as I am?

The idea behind this to give us all a chance to practice our Welsh in ways we don’t normally. Use your existing talents in Welsh, or develop new ones in Welsh.

There are winners but this is very much about having fun with the competitions.

If you have any questions at all don’t be afraid to ask.

If you’re worried that your Welsh isn’t good enough - stop right there! Everyone’s Welsh is good enough! We have something for everyone. Please don’t get put off by it being in Welsh - after all, that’s why we’re all here! Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing all of your entries :smile:

Pob hwyl!

5 Likes

Hi Anthony, where do I find details of the online Eisteddfod please?

1 Like

Here: 2017 Categories and Topics for 2017

:slight_smile:

1 Like

“Diolch yn fawr” to everyone who has entered so far. You should all have received an acknowledgement of your entry - let me know if you haven’t. There is a good pack of entries awaiting posting on the forum after the closing date. But it would be good to have yet more and there’s still enough time to take part.

The exact cut off time is going to be 4am UK time on 30th September. Why such an odd choice? It gives a fairer last minute opportunity to our transatlantic participants (and any UK night owls I guess!).

So I look forward to receiving another good bunch of entries before then. Daliwch ati!

Dafydd

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for all the entries. The deadline has now passed and I’ll be posting them on the forum for you to read and listen to in the near future - and to choose the winners!

3 Likes

The moment you have been waiting for!

All the entries have been posted on the forum (at least I hope so - let me know if I have missed anything!). Have a browse and enjoy the contents. Then you will have the chance to vote for the winners - see the poll at the end of each section.

Voting will be open until 9pm Monday 16th October (UK time). The winners will be announced soon afterwards - who will be behind the lucky ffugenwau?

2 Likes

I’d just like to say how much I enjoyed looking at/listening to/reading this years entries - what a high standard!
Llongyfarchiadau a phob lwc i bawb!

2 Likes

Voting closes tomorrow

Just a reminder to get your vote in before the deadline. The winners will be announced soon afterwards