2018 Tresaith Bwtcamp September 22-29 - <<Fully booked>>

And YES, Catrin has supplied me with a copy of the clues we need for the Charades. It’s going to be fun!

1 Like

If I get permission to do so and, I remember Lorna, I most certainly will!! :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿:clap:t2:

1 Like

Ooh, love a game of charades Dee!!
Best way to learn … whilst having a blinkin good laugh!!

1 Like

There were many occasions on that first bwtcamp where I literally laughed until I cried and my stomach muscles ached. The more people throw themselves into it, the more fun we all have.

2 Likes

Clearly, the effectiveness of bwtcamps may need to be measured partly by physiotherapists and other even more medical types who can measure strength of diaphragm muscles, improved posture, raised endorphin levels…

It ain’t just the language, is it? Then again, it never is (ever) “just about the language”!

Attendees (survivors?) clearly come back fitter, stronger, more determined, a sort of Olympic level of achievement under their belts, a gold medal in humanity!

4 Likes

Helo Owen
Hope you are well and looking forward to the go west experience in 3 weeks time !!!.Reading your intro seems that we are probably at the same level of lessons on SSIW.I have finished both the old and new lessons in COURSE 1 De Cymru and on lesson 5 of level 2.I know it sounds a bit boring but got thro lessons 2-4 whilst doing some ironing(smoothio)today,quite relaxing and sentences seemed to stick.Also practising a few songs on guitar but hard work to sing and read chords.Cofion cynnes Bob

2 Likes

I find smwddio is perfect for SSIW it’s such a boring job you can devote 95% of your brain to your Welsh.

3 Likes

Btw I’m a dreadful singer but as a keen Scarlets fan I can do Sosban Fach and have a good go at Lawr y lan y môr, Calon Lân and the anthem so I’ll give it my best shot.

2 Likes

I have just joined SSi. When do Bwtcamps start again in 2019?

The first one usually runs at the end of April - plenty of time for you to get to the end of Level 1 and be ready to join us!

2 Likes

I’m working towards it! Bwtcamp will be a great goal to aim for in April.

2 Likes

Just a general question about meals at Bwtcamp.I know we will probably be eating out some days otherwise do we just get together adhoc to prepare other meals.How does it work out on previous Bwtcamps?.Hwyl Bob

1 Like

And is there a fridge or freezer to keep food in?

At the start of Bootcamp, Iestyn will provide a basic stock of breakfast supplies. On the days with dinner in the canolfan, in the morning Iestyn will ask around for two volunteers who will buy and prepare the food on that day.

Yes, there is both an oergell (fridge) and a rhewgell (freezer) in the communal kitchen.

1 Like

I’m a veggie I hope that won’t cause too much of a problem.

1 Like

Hi Bob,
I’ll definitely have to do more ironing between now and bwtcamp!
When cooking are recipes in English allowed? If not I’ll have to translate one, as without my repertoire is limited!
Owen

2 Likes

Hi Owen. No English allowed for ANYTHING! Dim saesneg! We’re even discouraged from making phone calls home and texting in English. It will disengage our brains from the totally welsh experience we’ve signed up for. Obviously, no one is gonna stop you ringing home, texting or taking a call from loved ones but, it does work against what we are trying to achieve. (when I say ‘we’ I mean us Bwtcampers).
So, get translating that recipe and get the ironing board out!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
In case anyone hasn’t yet realised, I’M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!

6 Likes

Not at all. At the beginning of bwtcamp we see what food requirements people have and we work round it. There are vegetarians, if not vegans, at every bwtcamp and no one has starved yet :smile:

4 Likes

Me too Colin!

1 Like

Annwyl bawb,

Mae’n ddrwg da fi for not having introduced myself before. My life at the moment is characterised by trying to do way too many things at once and be in multiple places at the same time. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to attend the camp because of work but I think I will be able to now as long as I can be forgiven for breaking the dim Saesneg rule on the Tuesday morning. I grew up on the Welsh border but about a mile on the wrong side, in Herefordshire, but I’ve always wanted to be able to understand Welsh. I speak a few other languages - Spanish, Portuguese, rapidly deteriorating German. Last year I got a job teaching Latin American Studies in Cardiff Uni where I’ve taken classes in Welsh with, ehem, mixed success. I’ve generally learned languages through a combination of trad/boring methods and immersion but immersion has always been much more successful. After my housemate Sylvie got into SSi I realised it was the way forward. She loved the April bwtcamp and insisted I sign up for this one (diolch Sylvie). Apart from travelling and learning languages I like balancing out my academic life by doing various more practical things. My current obsession is carving wooden spoons (v Welsh I know but got into it before I knew I was moving here). I also like camping, hiking, surfing, wild swimming. I’ll be driving from Cardiff if anyone wants a lift in my elderly Berlingo (MOT permitting) but I won’t be coming back that way. I’m also strictly veggie so Colin, you are not alone! Joey

5 Likes