2018 Tresaith Bwtcamp September 22-29 - <<Fully booked>>

shwmae pawb!

Less than two weeks to go - I’m quite excited!

How is everyone getting to Tresaith? I’m happy trying to find my way through Wales via train/bus, but if someone has a free seat in their car and could pick me up somewhere along the way, that would be terrific.

Also - Could someone maybe lend me a duvet and/or a towel?

I’m also a veggie - so that makes at least 3 of us :smiley:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

1 Like

Hi Lea

Excited here too! I will be driving from Brecon on Saturday so could pick you up at Carmarthen at about 2pm if you’re able to get there by public transport.

No spare duvet sorry but could bring a towel for you!

Keri

1 Like

Hi Lea
I too am travelling by train and bus to get to Tresaith (and walking the last 1.5 miles). I don’t know if you will be coming from the same direction, but my train gets to Aberystwyth at 13.30. I will then catch a bus at 14.10. If you are likely to be on that train, I will look out for you. Or else I see that you might have a lift from Camarthen…
Carys

The people at the centre are pretty good about providing towels and duvets for those travelling from abroad. I’ll ask Heledd to provide, which saves anyone else having to cart extra things around.

Also - anyone arriving by bus, let us know when and where - we can usually arrange for someone to drive up the hill and pick you up, especially if we’re experiencing liquid sunshine at the time!

1 Like

What time do I need to get there I’m happy to do a bit of fetching if need be?

Everyone should have received “joining instructions” by now, but I know for one that bounced “because it looked like spam”. Looks like I’m going to have to send all the emails out individually next time…

I’ll resend this evening to everyone who hasn’t replied to me (I ask about things like diet etc) by then.

I will be at the center some time after 3, with the aim of having everyone drinking tea or coffee by about 4, with introductions and opening pep talk to follow.

Woop Woop!

(sorry)

2 Likes

I’m travelling from Gorseinon, which is just a few miles NW of Abertawe/Swansea. I’m picking up Ali in Llanelli but will have space if anyone else needs a lift along the way, i.e. west of Gorseinon and Llanelli.

I’m travelling along the A40 from Sennybridge but don’t mind a detour if anyone else needs a lift.
Owen

Helo Cyprain
I saw your last post on the forum about getting a lift to Tresaith .I shall be starting off on that Saturday from Tredegar which is a town 6 miles of Merthyr Tydfil.I could certainly be able to pick you up from Merthyr at a convenient time.
Cofion cynnes
Bob

Just a quick thought about the number of cars heading down to Tresaith. Is there limited parking near the canolfan and if so do we need to think about car sharing as much as possible? I could pick you up on my way from Brecon if that helps Owen. I guess it depends on how many cars are needed for ferrying around during the week and if people are going to have different departure times on 29th.

Thanks for all the replies -
I think I’ll try my luck with the public transport so I guess we will meet on that bus leaving Aberystwyth at 14.10.
If the weather is not too bad I don’t mind walking the last bit :slight_smile:

There is limited parking right outside the Canolfan, but we have use of the carpark at the bottom of the hill to the right of the shop, and there is also a bigger parking area at the top of the hill a short distance along the road to Aberporth, so plenty of room altogether.

While people are arriving on Saturday, it’s a good idea to park outside the Canolfan and unload, then move your car to one of the other carparks to leave space for others.

4 Likes

The end of the Bwtcamp week coincides with the Gwyl y Cynhaeaf in Aberteifi. Friday night at the Gwyl there will be a gig by Ail Symudiad, an Aberteifi band celebrating 40 years since they formed. There’s a few of their hits on YouTube (in variously good and poor quality). There’s one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSE-Q9MNR7Y

No need for anyone to decide now (I don’t know any details of price or anything at the moment), but it should be a good night, in real Welsh-speaking-world before you return to that odd place where some people don’t understand our language…

Other than that, we’re pretty much good to go with cheese, chinese, corracles, crockery and ice-cream all on the menu. There’s a couple of other things that might be happening, depending on what people tell me over the next couple of days.

Oh yes, churches. Lots of churches…

5 Likes

Syniad gwych!

1 Like

Hi Iestyn - no joining instructions in our household …

That’s me and Babs

Charlie

1 Like

Have you checked you’re junk mail? I found mine in there.

1 Like

No - no sign of it anywhere :flushed::open_mouth:

Hi Lea
If you are on the train going from Birmingham to Aberystwyth getting in at 13.30 and if you have a working mobile, my number is 07900394691
Carys

Just going to tag @iestyn for this so that forum sends him an email… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Aran - didn’t think of that

1 Like