2018 Tresaith Bwtcamp September 22-29 - <<Fully booked>>

Sori @Chuckles - I’m having some technolgical issues at the moment, mostly consisting of batteries and other improtant items dying. Don’t ask!

However, I have now managed to resend your emails - they should be nestling there in your respective inboxes when you nest look.

2 Likes

Mae gyda fi yr ebost nawr - diolch yn fawr iawn

Charlie

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shw Mae Bwtcampers! Not long to go now…my nervous excitement levels are now pretty high!
Forecast looks soggy for Saturday and Sunday but pretty good after that so pack your sunnies!
Safe travels everyone and see you in Tresaith.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m going to try to boost my learning with a bit of rhedeg. Any other runners on the camp?

1 Like

I normally cycle Colin but as I won’t have my bike with me, I’ll pop my running gear in!

1 Like

Hi Keri,
Sorry for the late reply, disorganised chaos with me as usual.
Thanks for the offer of a lift but I’ll take my car, in case I need a quick get away!
Only joking, I might take a detour to catch up with friends on the way there/back.
Does anyone else feel they’re going backwards as we approach kick off! Nervous excitement / borderline terror!

1 Like

Never quite mastered the art of running and breathing at the same time, sorry.
I’m taking a wetsuit tho and hoping to do some swimming!!
Splish Splash :ocean::swimming_woman:t2::mermaid:‍♀️

2 Likes

Brilliant, Owen! If you feel you’re going backwards, then you’ve learnt enough, and experienced enough to have glimpsed the huge amount that you don’t know. It’s an important and dangerous part of the learning process, a bit like when you’re first allowed out on your own as a child. Absolutely essential for your progress, but not always good for the nerves!

Don’t worry, though. Bwtcamp is designed for people in exactly your position. Although, you probably need to prepare for a feeling of accelerating backwards for the first couple of days. At least your used to the feeling, though!

Really, most people find themselves out of their depth in the first couple of days. If you’re already experiencing that, then its a good sign that you have started the process already. Big thumbs up!

3 Likes

Ready, Steady … nearly time pawb!!!

WhoooooHooooooo!!!

5 Likes

I’m with you Owen - blind panic today as I couldn’t remember things that I thought were solidly embedded in my little brain …

1 Like

So, tomorrow is the day. As one of those once attended bootcamp I wish all the participants good luck!

it’s not as tough as you might fear (I feared a lot not imagening how it all looks like). And for all those who plan to go around (I’ve read quickly that some had the eager idea of using google translate and texting), as @iestyn says if you need that, really do it only as much as you really must and (you’ll see that will happen even if you don’t want to) mostly at night, early morning. I’m from Slovenia (so quite far away from Wales) and my language is not even a bit similar neither to English nor to Welsh, but I have written just a message a day in my mother tongue (message a night really :smile: when all was already quiet and before I went to bed) just to say my two men at home (husband and son) good night and that I’m still alive :smile:

At the end of Bootcamp it will seam to you very wrong to write in English what even to speak, especially to those who you know they can speak and read/write Welsh.

Oh, and by the way: if you tend to create some kidn of band … wooo … I’d love to hear something, really. :slight_smile:

Try to enjoy and not fear, that’s why you’re there, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Pob lwc i bawb o fy nghalon!

Tatjana :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Dw i angen prawf!

Dyma fi fel ysbridoliaeth neu rhybudd!

4 Likes

Gosh, it’s all gone a bit quiet.

I wonder if any of them are still alive?.. :wink:

2 Likes

While I was preparing the supper last night, they were standing around a keyboard singing their lungs out, with a guitarist accompanying them as well.

And I think they must be the fittest group we’ve ever had on bwtcamp! EVERYONE walked up the hill to Tan-y-groes for Sunday dinner, then walked again to the old church in Penbryn, then carried on and walked the whole way back to Tresaith along the coastal path. We usually have a few that prefer to walk some of it, then opt for a lift back, but not this group!

And they’ve got a glorious sunny day for a picnic lunch today! Things are going well!

4 Likes

I didn’t go with the car that path either but walked … So I know exactly how fit they are … I wasn’t fit but got fit walking all that distance. :slight_smile: Oh, and I with two other bootcampers 've got prety wet on the way to the lunch spot. it was fun! :slight_smile: BTW … are there any early morning swimmers like we had back in 2016? I wouldn’t go in the sea with such temperatures even if you put the heeting gear with me. :slight_smile:

I hope they’ve recorded something. I’m eager for the music wich proffessional unproffessionals do. I bet it was great! :slight_smile:

Da iawn bawb! … and the week has only begun …

Pob lwc a hwyl!
Tatjana

4 Likes

Sori, dim saesneg ar hyn o bryd yn y bwmbwl Bwtcamp. Roedd y Noson Lawen heno. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Ble mae Bob? :confused: :joy:

1 Like

Paid becso. Popeth yn iawn a pawb dal yn byw

Neb yn y bore, o’n ni’n nofio cyn cinio.

3 Likes

Dw i’n hapus iawn i glywed hyn. :slight_smile:

Aye … pa oer mae’r môr???

2 Likes

Oer! A heb siwt gwlib :scream:

2 Likes