2019 September Tresaith Bwtcamp ***Fully Booked***

Helo🙋
Sorry I have obvs missed all the bwtcamp info until now!
Alle ti ddweud nawr y dyddiau bwtcamp am 2020?
Dw i ddim yn gallu dewis amser i gael gwyliau, mae fy ngwyliau ar rota felly os gallai gwybod y dyddiau nawr fe allai dalu nawr hefyd a rhoi yr amser yn y dyddiadur am blwyddyn nesaf :smiley:

Hi all, my apologies for being so late too. I don’t think I’m the mystery guest. My name is Joanne and I’m originally from Coventry although very recently moved to North Wales with my husband, cats and dog. I’ll be driving down from Denbigh so will have some spare seats if Violet and anyone else needs a lift.
My reason for learning Welsh is that it was my mother’s first language as a child but I never ever got to hear her speaking it. And now I live in Wales it’s just right that I do this. I’m pretty sure that I will struggle at camp as I got to the end of the first set of challenges took a 2 month break and now I feel like I’m back to the beginning again so I’m desperately playing catch up. That’s my apology to all in advance!
I used to love singing but have a sinus issue that means I can’t breathe properly through my nose (or is that too much info already? :thinking:)…. its affected my singing, but I’m very happy to join in as I believe songs help cement learning quicker. I enjoy crafts and DIY, and occasionally growing veg in the garden. To the resident sloth, you won’t be alone, I’m not planning on hiking up any hills :wink:
Looking forward to meeting you all xxx

1 Like

@hillconrad215, what kind of martial arts? I practice aikido.

@victoriab-severnwye After bwtcamp, I am going to Swansea, so I might want a lift from you as far as Carmarthen. Easy to get a train from there. Unless Liam has room in his car.
Also I love kayaking but not sure I want to carry my suit on the plane from New York. Will have to think about it.

@joanne-taylor, I do think a ride from Denbigh would be a big help. According to my research, it will take me about two hours by train and bus to get from Holyhead to Denbigh. It looks like the bus stop is at the Denbigh Police Station. Let me know if you could pick me up there and what time you would like to leave. Thanks!

Hi Violet. The police station is just down the road from me so that’s perfect. It takes 3.5 hours from Denbigh to Tresaith so shall we meet at midday?

Hello my name is Francis. I came home from work this evening and read the SSiW email saying that a place had become available on the September Bwtcamp. I logged on excepting to see that it was now fully booked but was delighted to see that the place was still available so booked it there and then.

I’m originally from Cardiff and started trying to learn some Welsh in 2017… it doesn’t come easy but I enjoy trying! I did attend a Bwtcamp the same year but due to a sudden illness in the family was somewhat distracted and had to leave early. I’m really hoping to have a better experience this time around and throw myself into the proceedings.

Looking forward to meeting everybody.

1 Like

Hi @violetsnow, you are very welcome to a lift to Carmarthen after camp. (I think that Tresaith beach shop hires (rents) sit on top sea kayaks and wetsuits so you needn’t carry any extras http://www.tresaith.net/shop.html) Let’s hope that the weather is kind! regards Victoria

Hi all - I’m a member of a couple of choirs that sing in Welsh, so can bring along copies of what we have learnt in the past (eg Moliannwn, Migldi Magldi, Suo Gân, Calon Lân, Yn y Bore, Pan For Nos yn Hir, Cwm Rhondda), not so many folk songs so far…
Maybe some good percussion will help us along the way if singing isn’t everyone’s bag!
I haven’t done sea kayaking before but would love to try and have a wetsuit with short sleeves and legs for bodyboarding.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iestyn, for the abundant bwtcamp information you emailed. I see that I need some items that will not fit in the minimal luggage I’m carrying from the US. As suggested, I am asking if someone can bring me an extra of the following:

duvet
duvet cover
towels
pillowcase

Diolch yn fawr iawn!

Helo everyone! I’m Deborah and I help out with running the bwtcamps :slight_smile:

I grew up in Aotearoa (New Zealand) and lived many years in Australia, but after a few visits to Cymru in my early 20s I always wanted to live here, so I came in 2008 and immediately launched myself into learning Welsh as I couldn’t imagine living here and not speaking the language.

I love singing, though my voice has other ideas and I can’t do it very well, so I joined a local choir in order to improve. Fingers crossed!

I’m an early riser when the sun shines in through the window and wakes me up, so I struggle a bit in the winter, or if the room is dark! I do love it when I wake up early enough in the winter though to see Venus shining in through my bedroom window, or to hear the dawn chorus in the spring.

Really looking forward to meeting you all in Tresaith - great place and lots of fun!

@violetsnow I have spares of all those things, so happy to bring them for you

2 Likes

@Deborah-SSi, thank you so much for bringing supplies for me! I look forward to singing with you (your voice sounds about like mine, which always improves in a choir), and maybe I’ll be up early enough to greet the dawn together.

1 Like

Hi Iestyn

I am looking to do a Bwtcamp in March 2020. Is there a camp in the diary for then already? If not, can you message me when you put it it in the diary?

Diolch

Joe

Do you get the email Joe? @Deborah-SSi always puts news in there about upcoming boot camps.

The first bwtcamp is likely to be at the end of April. Most places we go to are closed over the winter and don’t open until Easter, but as Margaret says, if you sign up to receive the weekly newsletter, you’ll see the dates in advance.

1 Like

Thanks Deborah. I have signed up for the newsletter and I will keep my eyes open for dates.

Joe

1 Like

Hi @Iestyn and @dee-4 did you see my email about current issues. Thanks

Hi Karyn - yes I have, and just replied. Please, relax, and don;t worry about a thing.

Great news - not only are we complete, but we are welcoming back one of my favourite Bwtcampers! All will soon be revealed, but enough to say that I’m looking forward to this Bwtcamp more and more each day.

3 Likes

I’m hurting so much right now

I have thought of three questions:

1. Are we allowed to look words up in welsh-english dictionaries?

2. Are we allowed to act out words we don’t know?

3. Is the 5 pounds donation for optional group breakfast daily or for the whole week?