2020 April Bwtcamp **Fully Booked!**

Pasg hapus! It is a very odd Easter weekend indeed! Today us first day off in nearly three weeks so I’m totally exhausted but I did managed a good walk with Finlay, worked for about an hour in the garden and done a bit of sewing this evening! And was going to do a recap challenge from L1 or L2 to keep up my practice before having a virtual catch up with my sisters with whom I normally spend Easter.
Be sensible, take care & stay safe!

1 Like

Thank you, Gwylan! You and other people in healthcare all over the world are doing amazing work in these difficult times. I feel guilty about being safe and sound in my little paradise here in Lampeter. I am so grateful for the safe place to be and the wonderful people I am with and the funny chickens and the lovely dog and the big, green garden and the peaceful quiet little lane running up to an old hillfort behind the house. Couldn’t get it any better in the circumstances! I am rather worried about life after lockdown… but I truly lucked out with life during lockdown. Please stay safe and do look after yourself best you can!

1 Like

Wel, bore da fellow bwtcampers :sunny: :partying_face:
What a glorious sunny day our 1st day would have been in Tresaith.
Never mind, I’m telling myself I have more time to learn Cymraeg.
Though it’s not the Saturday we originally hoped for, I hope you have a fabulous alternative time today!
See you one Saturday very soon for a “real” 1st day bwtcamp experience.
Hwyl a cadw’n ddiogel :clap:

1 Like

Yes, today was supposed to be The Day, very disappointed. Although as you say by the time this is over, if we practise inbetween, chould be word perfedt by then ! Well in my casse in my head not necessarily speaking lol.
Hope everyone is keeping well and that we will all meet up in Bootcamp soon !

2 Likes

Hope you can all get together in the future, your bŵtcamp looks like it would have been a belter.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about you all today. Keep safe and well, because I want to meet up with you at Tresaith when it’s safe to do so. You are all so interesting!

2 Likes

Hello bwtcampers. I hope you are all safe and coping with the current situation, and I hope it’s not too long before we can meet in Tresaith. Until then if anyone wants to have a chat yn yr Gymraeg then give me a shout.

Andrew

2 Likes

Shwmae my fellow bwtcampers!
Even though we’re not all sitting happily together in Tresaith now, each of us thinking about it formed its own feeling of connection.
And I’m looking forward to our “really real” first day with even more anticipation now :sunny:

Until then, take care and stay safe!

PS: I’m always up for another virtual get-together :smile:

2 Likes

I too was very upset not to be at Bwtcamp Tresaith a couple of weeks ago. Hope that dates for new Bwtcamps can be set before long - and that, as promised, those of us signed up for April/May will have first choice, and priority booking for new dates! Btw, I’m a Gog - dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg Gogledd hefyd! Cofion caredig, Sandy

1 Like

Rest assured, I will try my very best to work this so that as many as possible of you are on a Bwtcamp together. You have formed such an amazing group, I just know that this will be a Bwtcamp to remember.

Colin knows what he’s talking about above - he’s been on two (I think)!

BTW ithere’s a bit of talk about gardening here - have you seen ‘Garddio a mwy’ on S4C? It’s not just a gardening programme - there’s a Fcaebook group as well, with loads of people asking questions and helping each other with gardening tips etc. If that’s your interest, get over there now!

1 Like

Thanks Iestyn thanks for the update. I am sure you will most definitely do your best for everyone who booked onto a cancelled Bwtcamp, I just keep thinking I get to look forward to it all over again :slight_smile: Garddio a Mwy is a great program, even my hubby will watch it with me as I try my best to translate, he loves gardening. Hope you’re all ok, see you soon.

I’ve seen the update on the June bwtcamp thread about April and June being moved to 2021.
So I’m assuming there will be no bwtcamps running in 2020 ?
Completely understandable if so, just me being nosey really and wanting to know :slight_smile:
Hope everyone is doing ok, hope to see and converse with you all next year…

Helo everyone. Hope you are all keeping safe through this awful time. I hope you are all still motivated to learn welsh. I have found it very difficult to keep motivated through all this. Hopefully, we will all still be able to meet up at Bootcamp sometime.
Stay Safe

Helo Pawb and helo Sandra, yes, I know the feeling. I had to go back to Germany two weeks ago… was running out of funds as I had zero income so far thanks to Corona and still it doesn’t look good for the next few weeks. My brains seems on “emergency mode” most of the time and I simply didn’t have the energy to do much… strangely enough. :cry::cry: feel quite deflated… My life is difficult to plan at the best of times, but especially now. Between Brexit and Corona I have no idea where my life is heading …

I can sympathise with you, Ingrid. I have only left the house a few times since lockdown started - just a few walks, late in the evening, when there are few people about. I haven’t seen my family, as they live more than 5 miles away. I, too, feel as if I am on ‘emergency mode’ . Gardening and doing SSIW seem to be the only things I can concentrate on. I’m usually a great reader, but I can’t get lost in a book.
I heard today that a Danish friend of ours, who works in the UK, is almost at breaking point because he can’t go ‘home’. It is so sad.
However,we will get through this. It will pass and we will meet in Tresaith one day, all speaking better Welsh, because we have all done more SSIW. We will astound ourselves with our fluency. We will appreciate our bwtcamp more, and our coming together as Welsh speakers more, because of lockdown. Here’s to the future, to our meeting up and to friendship in hard times!

3 Likes

Just wanted to say an early Merry Christmas to you all, with the hope that we get to meet up at Bwtcamp next year sometime. Hwyl x

Bore da pawb,
Happy Christmas to you all too. I’m still here, toiling through Level 2 lesson 19, but the good thing is that, by the time we all meet up, I will be able to “siarad moy” than I could in April!
Keep safe and well. Hwyl X

Merry Christmas everyone :christmas_tree:
I hope you’re all well and safe and that we’ll be able to come together at the Bwtcamp some time next year.

Nadolig Llawen to you all, and I do hope that Bwtcamps will be able to start again in 2021.

Take care x

1 Like

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda pawb! I hope we and the rest of the world have a better 2021. Gwela i chi yn fuan (gobeithio).

1 Like