6 Month course content

Hello,

I am thinking of taking the plunge and subscribing to the 6 month course, but before shelling out £100 I had a few questions.

Does the 6month course have all the content i.e. Levels 1-3 etc or is there anything not included? By the same token is there anything that is included that isn’t with the standard subscription? Is there a list of all included content somewhere?

Once the 6 months is over, can I still access the content or would I need to resubscribe?

What is the average CEFRL level one can expect to have on completion of the course?

Is it possible to progress more quickly through the course? At the moment I’m spending around 5-10 hours per week learning, but in June and July I will expect this to go up to at least 20 hours per week.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Sal

Hi @SalTek,

The 6 Months course is based on Levels 1 & 2 - so 50 lessons in total. With that you get weekly emails with additional tasks to extend your Welsh, and the opportunity to join in online group sessions at various times Mon-Fri, and a lively community Slack forum where you can arrange 1 to 1 chats with other learners and talk about the challenges as you move through them.

As you move the course you’ll be able to download the challenges as mp3 files, so you’ll have them to keep when you get to the end.

Our courses don’t fit exactly with the European Framework as we focus on speaking and listening/understanding using everyday Welsh, with no reading or writing, but before the end of the 6 months you would be able to live completely in a Welsh-only situation for a week. We run bwtcamps that offer just that, and people that come to them before the end of the 6 Month course manage very well.

Yes, it is possible to move faster through the course by emailing admin and asking to be moved ahead. On the other hand, if you take out a Standard subscription, you don’t get the weekly additional tasks and specific online support, but if you’re self-motivated you can go as fast as you like, through all the levels, the Advanced Content and the old course material (which still has some useful stuff in it), and you can join the open Welsh Speaking Practice online Slack group to join in group sessions and chat with others there.

Hope that helps,
Deborah

1 Like

Prynhawn da,

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve decided to go for the monthly subscription instead, will work out better value for me.

How do I join the Slack group?

Diolch yn fawr iawn.
Cofion,
Sal

To join the WSP group, just email admin@saysomethingin.com to ask for an invite :slight_smile:

2 Likes