6 Nations Rugby 2018

2 Likes

My cousin went out with Sam Warburton for a couple of weeks - being not a big rugby fan I didnā€™t have a clue who he was. So when she told me ā€œI was going out with Sam Warburton for a few weeks earler this yearā€ I replied ā€œWas he in the same year as us at school?ā€

Iā€™d got him mixed with up Matthew Rees i.e Smiley, who was the previous Wales captain who was in our year at school - and was not Sam Warburton.

2 Likes

This is going to sound like Iā€™m name dropping, Iā€™m not, just shows how small the Welsh speaking/physiotherapy world is:

His brother (Ben Warburton) is a physio and is marrying another physio, who I work with. She went to Glantaf with Emmaā€™s sister. Sheā€™s a very proud Welsh speaker too. Unfortunately, I donā€™t think Sam and Ben were quite as open to SSiW when I suggested it to her.

2 Likes

If you happen to speak to her again - we could probably turn Ben into a Welsh speaker if heā€™d give us one day a month for 10 months (although weā€™d have to do an initial screening test).

1 Like

Iā€™ll chat to her again soon. See her most days.

1 Like

tell him the prodding and the needles stop hurting after the first few times - and heā€™ll get used to the skull cap eventually :D:D

2 Likes

Thanks Anthony and Toffidil - Iā€™m glad your memory makes things up as well Toffidil. I guess if we want something to be true we are more likely to do so!!

I can categorically say, however, that neither I nor my wife ever went out with any Welsh rugby players!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t get a completely positive response from this. Rhine said heā€™d be too busy because theyā€™re moving house and getting married. Sounded a bit like it was her projecting a bit. Iā€™ll keep going. Try after the wedding.

1 Like

Nah, donā€™t worry about it - bit like when I had to try and stop Catrin from threatening Ryan Jones (well, shouting up at him, anyway) - when theyā€™re genuinely not interested, theyā€™re genuinely not interested. Itā€™s hard to imagine when you know how glorious having both languages is, and you want to share that, but if the spark isnā€™t there we have to move on and keep lookingā€¦ :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

1 Like

It is a shame, especially as Rhian is very proud of speaking Welsh - although she never speaks to me in Welsh for long.

1 Like

No LH? Oh dear!

Standing by my Ireland grand slam, Scotland culcutta cup prediction

1 Like

Ireland Slam quite possible and I would applaud. I donā€™t see Yr Alban beating Lloegr on present form!

And yet when I made my prediction in November I wasnā€™t ā€œgiving Scotland enough creditā€

That was before I saw us play them! But, if they do better against Franceā€¦???
Edit. Not sure if Fin Russell should play in next game. France got too much angst towards end. Scotland clearly learned. Still not sure who else they can beat
I find this year very close run!

Oh dear. Well, Ireland can still manage Triple Crown and Championship, but where oh where is our resolve, fire and determination ? Wake up Bechgyn bach cochion!

1 Like

Maybe they heard me!

1 Like

15 minutes left to sort something.

Oh Wow GĆŖm gwych. Shame about the result! But proud of our boys for all tnat!

1 Like

Youā€™re very hard on Wales.