A ridiculous idea - I need help!

Oh, @aran! Everyone knows the answer is a tuneful: “Is it me you’re looking for?” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Now I understand where your serious coffee habit comes from.

And if you want to punish yourself, who are we to argue? (especially if it gets me off the hook for running a 5am hangout!) I’ll check in for a S’mae at 6.

3 Likes

I expect everyone except me knows what a Slackbot could do

And me - I assumed it referred to flabby buttocks and didn’t want to contemplate what it could do. :blush:

5 Likes

Oh, from nice people, maybe… :flushed:

1 Like

You just made me choke on my own spit! :laughing:

2 Likes

I love Napoli. I’m jealous. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not recommended. Barefoot on a stone floor for better cornering and missed my outdoor PB by 28 mins. Still, I raised some money for Dementia UK. Got the idea from Ron Hill who ran a mile in the aisle of a 737 to keep up his run every day streak. Love the s’mae plan😀

6 Likes

I am now reassured that you know what you’re doing. I hadn’t realised that you’d done such crazy stuff before. :smile: I’ll certainly be up for popping in to say “Su’mae!” at least once.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve done some stupid stuff, and not just in my far off youth…

But I do appreciate the reminder that 24 hours is likely to be a tough call - my road rallying days were 10 years or so ago after all! Thank you for caring!

2 Likes

A bot that hangs out on a chat or twitter feed is a software program that provides outputs based on programmed rules which may include user remarks on the chat, time of day, etc. They can do a lot, but can also be annoying.

1 Like

Thanks - you’ve put my mind at rest, after Huw’s ‘explanation’!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Some platforms have cracked down on bots, but some bots can be useful or fun. My favorite is Inspirobot. Bot software has made the news lately because they can be used to amplify messages by making it seem to be a common opinion or something popular. Unsophisticated users may think the bots are people posting, but in reality, they are simply putting out canned messages over many accounts.

2 Likes

And I thought once upon a time that I’ve found the wrong @Iestyn on the net competing in rally races. WOW! Now I’m glad I didn’t. As I recall you had prety good results and won champion titles, didn’t you? :slight_smile: Gwych! (but ie, sorry, this is the story for some other topic, I know).

I bet Iestyn will have a proper dose of coffee at hand. I’m just sorry I couldn’t pack my džezva (the pot in which you originally cook a coffee) to offer some real coffee while at bootcamp. The hang of the džezva is just too long not to be in a way in the luggage unfortunately.

I knew you know exactly what you’re doing (health wise) so I felt no fear. You’ll do it just fine especially if there’ll be a lot of people around. :slight_smile:

And finally to the topic: I’ll try to pop in at the evening (about 8 or 9 pm my time (7 or 8 UK time)) as I’m at work or on the road most of the day, at least to say shwmae. I’d be the only one from Slovenia anyway so just have to grab the chance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

canu shwmae o gwmpas y gloc (felly, just an idea).

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

I will be in Perth, Western Australia, on that day and I’ll do my best to whip up as many Welsh speakers there as I can find to participate. I’ll contact the local Welsh society and see if I get any takers!

4 Likes

So you’re heading home … Safe journey and return. :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Sounds great. I’d love to join you perhaps after @Novem (Milla’s) group? which finishes around 8PM

2 Likes

The semi-divine presence(s) - not to exclude Iestyn - that graced us at CAT/CDA are giving another audience, and this time to the world, so, Huw, will your wife get an “at-first-hand” insight into your SSiW glory by being awake and watching at whatever time you jump in/pop up/waft into view or earshot on the Slack/Hangout/YouTube 10a.m. till midnight? Or will she be still innocent of your be-cloakèd powers? :innocent::wink:

Maureen is fully aware of my “glory” :star_struck: - the problem is that she is also fully aware of my limitations. :sob:
I’ve rejoined slack and plugged in everything that I need to plug in in order to be able to hang out - see - I’ve already got the techy terms off pat :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Well, Cymru is home now @tatjana, and I’m not able to visit Aotearoa, my original home, in this trip, but it will be good to catch up with family who now live in WA. Thanks for the Bon Vojage!

4 Likes