A weekend of Welsh language and literature in Snowdonia - book now for 2019 events

Yes, it is! Do come if you can :slight_smile: http://www.eryri.llyw.cymru/study-centre/public-courses/course-details/history-and-archaeology/about-welsh4

1 Like

I would have loved to come to the September course, having missed the June one, but as it happens I have to be in Glasgow that very weekend, as I have a granddaughter getting married then. Have you published anything on this subject — an overall philological history of Welsh language and literature sounds like a seller.
I’ll put my name here: Ron Waldron, as I haven’t often/ever? posted and I’m not sure how it works.

Interested in details but, cannot get past Squizmatrix, which clicking on the link given, leads me to.

Have just tried finding it direct on Google - not easy - but hopefully this should bring it up:

eryri snowdonia courses about welsh

Dear Harvey, Sorry the link didn’t work for you. Yes, if you search Plas Tan y Bwlch www.plastanybwlch.com then you can then look on their “courses” page and scroll down to find “About Welsh”. I do hope you can come. You could always phone them on 01766 772600 and they will send you the brochure in the post if you prefer to do it that way.

Thanks Alan. Yes, if people go direct to www.plastanybwlch.com then they can find it by scrolling down under “courses” I think. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks Ronald! I hope you enjoy your granddaughter’s wedding. I’m sure there will hopefully be more courses next year so I’ll try to remember to let you know. Thanks very much for your interest. And yes, I’d love to turn it into a book someday!

Just bumping this up as a reminder that this fascinating course will be running again on 21 - 23 September. Harriet is a brilliant tutor and if you have an interest in the topic, you’ll really enjoy the weekend.

2 Likes

Yes, indeed - highly recommended! :slight_smile:

Just noticed that Harriet’s brilliant course will be running twice this year at Plas Tan Y Bwlch:

3 Likes

I can’t recommend this highly enough. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend I attended and would happily go back again. Beautiful location and very interesting and knowledgable tutor!

1 Like

Thanks so much, Dee and John.

I’ve just heard that we need a few more people for this About Welsh course in June to run, so I’d been going to post it up again here anyway.

The course is open to everyone from complete beginners to fluent Welsh speakers and will give a total overview of the history of Welsh literature (and music!) from earliest times to the present day. It will also compare Welsh with other languages around the world. Maybe Welsh and English are closer than you think? :wink: If anyone who came last time wants to come back then let me know and I’ll make sure we look at different extracts.

It’d be great if a couple more people were free to come in June (June 14th-16th). It’s a lovely residential centre in Snowdonia with nice food in a fantastic setting! Fingers crossed some of you might be interested! More details on the link above

1 Like

It’s taken me a couple of days :roll_eyes:, but the penny has just dropped that this particular weekend is perfect for me as I’ll be in NW Wales anyway the following week, so I’ve decided to register for the course :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s wonderful! Thanks so much John!

1 Like

Harriet

I’d like to come.

PS yes I am the Lynne Edwards who turns up to harp stuff.

@HarrietEaris - I’d like info on weekends in the 2nd half of the year, please. I’ll be in Wales July thru most of December. My email is bronwenjnz@gmail.com. Diolch yn fawr iawn.

@HarrietEaris - Sorry, unable to access the link to further info. It tells me I don’t have permission to access Squizz Max, whatever that is.

If you do a Google search for “Plas Tan Y Bwlch” you should find a link to the study centre and be able to access info on the “About Welsh” course that way

That’s brilliant Lynne! Thanks so much. We only need 3 more people now for the course to run if you book it soon. See you in June!