About it

Does anyone know why About it, amdano fe, in course 1 changes to something completely different in the course 2 vocab lessons?

Couple of different options here - can’t remember off the top of my head, and it might depend on whether you’re doing northern or southern - but it might be the feminine version, ‘amdani hi’, instead of the masculine ‘amdano fo’ - oh, hang on, you said ‘amdano fe’, you must be doing southern.

Or it could be ‘about that’, ‘am hynny’…?

In the old southern course, it wen’t from amdano fe to amdani after the lessons 6, if memory serves; it’s just the difference between masculine and feminine versions of “it”. That said, there was also “am y peth”, or “about the thing”; I’m guessing it’s interchangeable with the others in this context, and was just introduced as something else you might hear used.

1 Like

That I believe. It bothers me too. Whenever I say amdano fe it’s am hyny what comes out to be correct. What are really the differences or it’s both totally OK no matter what you say (leave out the feminines … always different. - hehe).

1 Like

If you say “amdano” you’ll be understood.

2 Likes

it was am y peth i was hearing, bot confusing to introduce it. I’ll stick with admano fo thanks all