About the Online Eisteddfod 2019

The Online Eisteddfod is a SSiW tradition now going back to 2010. It’s our way of giving everyone a chance to take part in an eisteddfod and we try to have a variety of categories so that even our newest SSiWers can take part - no matter where they live.

The topics in this year’s categories revolve around the theme of ‘travelling’ and range from something as simple as taking a photo with a travel theme, to writing a free verse poem in Welsh, and all things in between.

Categories and Topics Online Eisteddfod 2019

You have from now until early November to work on your entries. There will be more information on how to send them in closer to the date, but you’ll be able to submit them to a specific email address from the 4th to the 15th November. They will be posted in their categories in this section of the forum with the ‘ffugenw’ - pseudonym - you’ve chosen for yourself, and a poll.

Once they’re all posted, @dafyddyfelin, our Submissions Officer, will declare the voting open and you’ll have several days to look through the entries and vote for those you think deserve to win in each category.

Winners get a lovely certificate designed by Lisa, the same person who does the logo for us every year, and if we manage to get a sponsor or two, we are sometimes able to give out small prizes. The main thing though is to participate and enjoy yourselves.

If you have any questions, just post them in Questions for the SSiW Online Eisteddfod 2019 and we’ll get them answered as quickly as we can.

4 Likes

We had a bumper crop of entries this year. Many thanks to all those who took part.

It is taking a while to get them all processed but they should be appearing steadily form now on as time permits. Once the entries are all in place the voting will be started and you will be able to pick the winners.

2 Likes

Thanks for your work on this, @dafyddyfelin. I’m amazed at the number of entries already posted!

1 Like

All the entries are in place now (I hope!) The standard is high with a bumper crop of entries. Thank you all for your contibutions.

Voting for the winner is now open (see the last item in each category) Where there is only one entry there is the option of “no award” in case you you can’t support the only entry.

Entries close on 6th December at 23.00 hours. I hope to announce the results in the following week.

Good luck with the voting!

Dafydd

1 Like

I’ve tagged you on the appropriate thread, @dafyddyfelin, but in case you miss it: you’ve missed one of the entries off the voting options for Prose - Beginner.