Actors and Voice Overs

I’ve been asked to record a Welsh language version of a voice-over but don’t have a home studio. I wondered if there are any confident Welsh speakers on the forum, who are actors or voice-over artists with their own home studio who could do the job. I don’t know the specifics but it will be paid. @CatrinLliarJones If this isn’t allowed then I’ll delete this, but if you know any fluent speakers who would be interested then please message me. You need voice-over experience, a home studio and to speak Welsh.

2 Likes

@beca-brown?

2 Likes

Hmmm can’t think of anyone on the forum, but I know that singer Meinir Gwilym has a studio in one of the outbuildings of her home and is an experienced presenter, of course.
@siaronjames - any ideas?

1 Like

I think most singer/songwriters have their own studios, and Meinir certainly might be worth a try. I don’t know of any actors who have their own studio - they usually come into the dubbing suite at work!

1 Like

Diolch pawb. Quietly thrilled that I managed to post about this search in the “Rhwydwaith Menywod Cymru” group on FB in Welsh about this and have had some responses from actors with home studios in Welsh. Also someone voicing a word of caution about making sure the translation is correct - but that’s out of my hand. However, and this is the most exciting bit, no-one said that I shouldn’t be on there because I’m a learner. I needed to use Welsh and did. Bloomin’ made up about that.

4 Likes

Fantastic, well done you!

1 Like