Advertisements for Non-SSiW Events for Welsh Learners

We’ve been asked by various organisations and groups if we would advertise their events for Welsh learners.

So we have decided to dedicate this thread to that very purpose. I will be updating here regularly with new non-SSiW events as and when I receive them.

If you have a non-SSiW event for Welsh learners that you would like to promote, then please feel free to do so here, using posters or pictures and all relevant and correct details. We would like to ask you kindly to seek permission before including personal phone numbers in any advert.

Please note:

• We reserve the right to refuse any advertisement we believe is incompatible or inappropriate

• SSiW isn’t responsible on any level for any non-SSiW event.

• We will display information exactly as we receive it, so are therefore not responsible for any errors regarding dates/times/addresses/contact details.

• If you have any queries at all about anything advertised here, please contact the organisers directly, using the contact information given.

Diolch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Menter Iaith Ffflint a Wrecsam will be hosting a St. Davids Day Parade. Once I have more details I will post them ups

2 Likes

Merched y Wawr Cricieth invite learners to an evening of light entertainment and refreshments to celebrate Wales’ patron saint, on Tuesday 10 March, 19.15, at Capel y Traeth in Cricieth. Please don’t make me eat all those cakes by myself!

Anyone fancy a trip around the town of Caernarfon with the marvellous Rhys Mwyn this coming Thursday?

A chance for learners to chat outside of the classroom!
Experienced Welsh speakers welcome to join.

Starts from the statue of Lloyd George on the Maes.

To book a place email Hunaniaith@gwynedd.llyw.cymru

3 Likes

Yr Ysgwrn: Cartref Hedd Wyn have posted this on Facebook:

Ysgwrn Volunteering Fair - 9/4/22, 10am - 1pm.

Are you a Welsh learner that would like to volunteer at the
Ysgwrn, and get an opportunity to speak Welsh?

We need people to:

👉 Welcome visitors to the Ysgwrn
👉 Guide visitors around the farmhouse
👉 Assist when we have events on the site
👉 Helping out in the garden
👉 Clean the buildings
👉 Maintain the paths
👉 Conservation work
👉 Research into the history of the Ysgwrn

They haven’t put contact details on the post, but their contacts are:
http://www.yrysgwrn.com/
01766 772508
yr.ysgwrn@eryri.llyw.cymru

2 Likes

Hi @CatrinLliarJones – this is Jeni from Facebook. Can you please create a pinned for all Welsh-language media our members create? I have seen a music one and this events one. I create videos in Welsh and in English, hoping to pique curiosity about this beautiful language enough to hopefully encourage new learners to try it and keep going. What are your thoughts, please?
Thank you!
Jeni / JenX

If you happen to be in the area this weekend, it’s Gwŷl Fwyd Caernarfon on Saturday. Lots of stalls, music, and more - and of course plenty of opportunity to practise your Welsh!

What’s where and what’s on can be seen here: Rhaglen Gŵyl Fwyd 2022 by gwylfwydcaernarfon - Issuu

1 Like

1 Like

Wythnos i heddiw yn yr ardd gymunedol, sesiwn Sgwrs a Garddio i ddysgwyr. 5:30 -7yh yn Gardd Ffrancon (Canolfan Hamdden Plas Ffrancon Leisure Centre)
🌿🪴🌿

A week today, Sgwrs a Garddio session, 5:30 -7pm, at Gardd Ffrancon, the community garden (Canolfan Hamdden Plas Ffrancon Leisure Centre)

Looks like a week yesterday - Tuesday 28th.

Ti’n dysgu Cymraeg ? Ti eisiau cyfle i ymarfer sgwrsio a dod i adnabod yr ardal? Tyrd am dro hefo ni. Dim rhaid cofrestru o flaen llaw ond croeso i ti gysylltu hefo ni i gael mwy o wybodaeth .

Learning Welsh? Looking for an opportunity the practice your conversational skills? Join us for a walk. No need to register in advance but you’re welcome to get in touch if you need more information.

Tri Gog a Hwntu at Penybontfawr, Powys
2022-10-21T19:00:00Z
Any learners in the area are welcome. If you haven’t seen this group they are a comedy/singing group. Lots of fun.

Gŵyl Cerdd Dant Bro Nansi
2022-11-12T09:00:00Z2022-11-12T22:00:00Z
The National Cerdd Dant festival is taking place in Llanfyllin, Powys next month. Cerdd Dant is a particular musical tradition in Wales with singers singing a counter melody to a harp. There are also competitions in dance and folk singing. It will be broadcast on S4C. It has been named after the Telynores Maldwyn Nansi Richards who is thought to be responsible for reviving interest in the Triple Harp and lived in the area and won three years running in the National Eisteddfod.
Cymdeithas Cerdd Dant Cymru - Gŵyl Cerdd Dant (cerdd-dant.org)
Gŵyl Cerdd Dant Bro Nansi 2022 | Facebook

Have just been sent this by Gwenan.
If you are in the Oswestry/Wrexham/North Powys area and want a great night come over. Its a tiny community not far from Oswestry with a very big heart and a big welcome.

1 Like