ANNOUNCEMENT: Aran in the US at NAFOW 2018, 30 Aug - 2 Sept 2018!

Yay! Ymlaen!

1 Like

Pob lwc @Aran!

3 Likes

I am waaay too close to the end of the event late last night (or, er, early this morning), and way too exhausted, to comment in detail yet, but:

Wel, am hwyl. How much fun was that??

Aran did the easily-predictable wonderful job with his two seminars (ā€œWill Welsh Win or Lose the 21st Century?ā€ and ā€œWelsh as a Global Languageā€), led not one, not two, but FOUR SSIW meetup sessions, and generally was a huge asset to NAFOW. But even better (sori, Aran) was having SSIWers prospective, new, and not-so-new come and meet him and each other and form even more bonds of community. Iā€™ll probably hijack someone elseā€™s thread to talk about that (um, once Iā€™ve had some sleep), but for here, and for now, I just want to say:

Aran, diolch o galon am ddod. Aran, thanks SO much for coming. Thanks for your warmth and for welcoming everybody in to being part of the future of this wonderful language.

9 Likes

If you attended NAFOW, you should by now have received an email with a link to a brief online survey (on Survey Monkey) about your experience.

Pleeeeease fill out that survey! :slight_smile: Itā€™s hugely important in planning future NAFOW programs, and itā€™s crucial for us to hear from all types of attendees ā€“ first-timers, long-timers, etc., etc.

If you didnā€™t get the link, please PM me with the name you registered under and your email address, and Iā€™ll make sure you do get it.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a coincidence. Last week I was contacted by a previously unknown fifth cousin in the USA. We have a DNA match and we found that we have shared ancestors from Pembrokeshire. He was at NAFOW, where he had a great time, and he speaks what he describes as ā€œconversational Welshā€. He mentioned @aranā€™s seminars and made the comment ā€œHe is very entertaining.ā€.
Sue

7 Likes

Oh, what a delightful piece of serendipity!

And what a very kind manā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, how did I miss this? Havenā€™t had it, happy to fill it in if still relevant.

A diolch o galon i ti am dy garedigrwydd, dy egni, aā€™r gwahaniaeth fawr tiā€™n gwneudā€¦ :slight_smile: :star: :star2: