Any learners in North Wales? :-)

Hi all!

I am North Wales based, just wondered if there was anyone else here from my area?!x

Where in N Wales are you Hannah? There are lots of forum members in the North, but the North is a pretty big area, so maybe we can narrow it down and find someone near to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Siaron!

I am from the Rhyl area, close to Conwy. Thank you for your reply Siaron, I’d appreciate your help as I’m new here and still getting the hang of things lol :slight_smile: xx

1 Like

No problem! I’m in Caernarfon, so a bit further west! I’m sure we have learners along the N Wales coast, so hopefully someone there will say hello.
If you dive into the Welsh Speaking Practice group on Slack you’ll be able to chat live to learners not just in N Wales, but from all over the world - you’ll be introduced to Slack as part of the 6-month course, but you can join at anytime and just listen in to group hangouts until you feel confident enough to have a go speaking :slight_smile:

You’ll soon get used to the forum - you can search for things using the ‘magnifying glass’ on the top bar, browse through the posts, or just post as you have been doing. We’re all here to help and support each other and although we’re all at different stages, we all started from scratch at some time!

1 Like

There are several meet ups in the north. I live near Wrecsam so can let you know about all the ones there but they’re a bit far for you. Once you find one in your area you will be able to find more, guaranteed.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Hi Hannah I’m in Penmaenmawr , about 20 miles west of Rhyl. If you’re ever down this way then i would be happy to meet up for a panad a sgwrs. There are also a few good , regular meet ups along the north Wales coast in places like Llandudno and Glan Conwy. Throwing yourself in to as many conversations , as often as possible is definitely the best and quickest way to learn while doing the course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Hannah! There’s a meetup in Deganwy, so not far from you, when you’re ready to dive in and try a little of your Welsh. Do you get the weekly newsletter? It has a list of meetups at the end. You can register to get it here if you don’t already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much to you all! I would be very interested in meeting up with other learners. I shall sign up to the newsletter now, thanks Dee. The Deganwy meet up sounds really good! I’d be very interested in meeting up with you too Sam! So grateful to meet you all! xx

2 Likes

I will be going to a meet in Glan Conwy this Saturday morning. Everyone meets outside Caffi Llan at 10am to go for a walk and arrive back at Caffi Llan at around 11 for a panad and chat . Those who don’t want to go on the walk just meet in the café at 11 . I’ve been once before and met lots of nice people. There is a mixture of beginners and fluent speakers there and you would be more than welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Sam! I don’t think I will be confident enough to come this week but I will definitely be interested in coming to the meet in the near future. How often does this meet up happen please Sam as I would be really interested in coming along to one really soon?

It sounds like a really interesting meet up.
Hannah x

2 Likes

It is once a month . I think it is supposed to be on the 1st Saturday of each month but for some reason it is on the 3rd Saturday this time. It is always nerve-racking speaking Welsh with people at first but it does get a lot easier over time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi my name is Shelley, really I live in Spain but was born in St Asaph ,I have just joined a few months ago, but it would be nice to have contact from North Wales .

Be ydyn y ‘meet-ups’ yn Wrecsam, Gruntius?

The one I go to is in y Saith Seren every Monday evening from about 7:15 till whenever (no need to turn up early or leave late, people come and go as they please). There’s also one in the Ramada and another in Bellis’s across the weekends although I’m not sure when. And if yr Wyddgrug is closer for you there’s one in theatre Clwyd every Wednesday morning 10-12.

2 Likes

Hi. I’m near Corwen. Is anyone in that area? Both Wrecsam and the coast are quite a long way from me!

I’m a little bit closer, at Dolwyddelan (between Betws y Coed and Blaenau Ffestiniog).

1 Like

S’mae Gareth! How far through the course are you? I’m 2/3 of the way through Level 1. I’m aiming to get through two lessons a week minimum.

Ann