Any SSIW meetup at the National Eisteddfod 2016?

Oh, I’ll nearly miss you. @hewrop :slight_smile:

On 4th I’ll be perfectly sitting on the plain from London to Ljubljana on my return home but I somehow plan to visit Eisteddfod from 31st July to 3th August(ish) if my wallet won’t expire first of course.

Confused again because I have not even a bit imagination in how it all looks like so many challenges lay ahead of me from speaking in the wild all the way to Eisteddfod thingys but the biggest challenge would be not to get lost in big cities as I’m total “travelling noob”. :slight_smile:

However, I’ll try to preserve my SSiW shirt for Eisteddfod so I’d be more noticable and if you see a greyhaired woman in that shirt and red rucksack with Welsh dragon … (hoping it is what I take with though) yah, thsi could be me … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be a pity to miss you, Tatiana, especially since you will have come (future perfect tense :wink:) such a long way, so I’ve edited my post above to suggest Wednesday, 3rd August for my visit to maximise the chance of meeting up with you (and others). I won’t buy my Maes
ticket until early next week,

A more recent photo for identifcation purposes

Dwi’n gobeithio dy gwrdd a ti a ffrindiau eraill wyneb i wyneb cyn bo hir.

2 Likes

S’mae Huw,
I just clicked the “like” in your post above, because I’ll be on the Maes on Wednesday.
I’ll be volunteering on Maes D on Monday afternoon. Hope to see you (and others) there.

2 Likes

Gwych / Ausgezeichnet! It’ll be good to see you again. :slight_smile:
Bis Bald. Huw

1 Like

This looks exciting now! I’m glad you’ve altered your time to adapt mine @hewrop and I’m glad @brigitte will be there that day aswell.

Gee … more (pleasant) confusion, more challenge, more excitement in my head now!

I’ll be happy to meet SSiWers oh, and if you see me elswhere pull my slave as my face recognition isn’t too good and I might very well just pass by you not even knowing that (unless you’d like to avoid me. - hehe :slight_smile: )

@tatjana, if you post a picture of you with the hat, and wear the hat, everyone will recognise you!

Haha! Wouldn’t it be a but too hot with the hat? :slight_smile:

Yes I believe if I’d wear that hat no one would nave excuse to miss/pass by me. :slight_smile:

This is Wales. Don’t rely on July = Sun and Sun = July.
Perhaps the T shirt would be better.

Don’t say now that I need long slaves?

If it’s cold, wear the hat. If it’s hot, wear the T shirt.

Aha. Iawn. :slight_smile:

On a sirious note, thank you to make me aware because we’ve got around 30 °C and I (obviously) think there’s 30 °C everywhere. The most tricky thing will be when I leave Slovenia it will be 25 °C the least … :slight_smile:

Not 30 degree here. Possible, but unlikely, to be 30 degrees later in the month.

I whould not forget this fact when packing, really.

If youn trust statistics and neglect climate change, this page may give you an idea of what to expect weather-wise
Abergavenny Average Weather

Thank you for this @hewrop. The lowest temperatures in winter are higher then ours and in Summer (or so) are lower and the highest in Summer are way lower then ours and lowest are so-so, they could be above or below depends on the day. I’m sad chance of sunny day is quite a rarity (according to this statistics) and rain is often probable thing.

So, one more challenge infront of me… how to dress and what to bring. :slight_smile:

I’ll be there Tatanja. I’m looking forward to meeting you.

Oooo, ja … I know you’ll be there. :slight_smile:

So do I. I’m hardly waiting to meet you all! :slight_smile:

Just don’t be startlet when little woman with rucksack bigger then herself appear infront fo you. - haha! :slight_smile:

I shall be staying at a pub about 10 miles away, and can be at the Eisteddfod any day - just planning to go to Cardiff for a day, have not been there before. Would like to meet with other SSIW’ers during the week. Will keep an eye on the forum to find out what day / time has been decided for a get-together.

1 Like

Just noticed that Wednesday is a good choice for many - look forward to seeing you all.

I’ve bought my Tocyn Maes for Wednesday, 3rd August and am looking forward to bumping into @tatjana, @brigitte, @aaltinaharminawalker, @lynne_freudigmann and anyone else who’ll be there.

One word of caution, though. Physically bumping into me is probably best avoided. :blush:

3 Likes