Anyone fancy a little Manx?

So, I’ve got a chat with Manx radio in a few minutes, and then at 8.30 we’ll be kicking off - Hangout details now available on www.saysomethingin.com/manxday - you can either sit in the Hangout itself (if there’s room) - where you’ll be able to ask questions about Manx from time to time, when any of the development officers are in there - or just follow it on YouTube (and shout ‘Go on Aran!’ when you think I look close to tears…:wink: ).

Radio stuff done, vodka ready to open (certainly regretting that) and should be kicking off neatly at 8.30.

Why do I feel tired already?.. :scream:

Pico finds this very interesting.

3 Likes

Here he is - our @aran! :slight_smile:

Let’s gooooo! :slight_smile: You WILL do it well!

1 Like

Quick tip please. How can I join this with Hangout app on a tablet? It seams so useless to me. And on YouTube I can’t post any comment.

Sorry, no idea! But not really seeing much ‘joining Hangout’ stuff happening from the Manx side of things, so no-one really there to answer questions right now anyway…

I didn’t find a way to actually join, I could only view on YouTube, even from the Google+ page. Was it supposed to be possible to do so?

Sort of thought it would be, but Hangouts on Air is new-ish stuff for me - maybe I’ve got a setting wrong. Will have to figure it for the chat with Adrian tonight…

With hangouts, you can have somewhere where people can watch but not interact, and then there’s the hangout itself. Once you’ve set up a hangout, the url to give people if you want them to join in is the one in the address bar.

1 Like

Diolch!

I’ve been watching on YouTube too, and I have to say you are doing amazingly well!! :sunny:

2 Likes

Well, I actually have no question. I just wanted to give you some feeling that there’s someone with you in support. :slight_smile:

Yes, you’re doing just fine without sour cucumbers. :slight_smile:

I’ll probably join a bit later to see your sgwrs with Adrian (Adrian is he, yes? Did I remember correctly?) :slight_smile: Oh, and, will it be earlier or really at 7:30 your time (what means 8:30 my time)?

1 Like

8.30 my time… :slight_smile:

Aha … that means 9:30 my time. Plenty of time for me and 2 more hard hours for you. Hang on!

39 people in Slovenia read my blog entry already, if they watched I don’t know though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I watched a bit this morning (my time, 5 hours earlier than you), then had to go to work. I’m home again, and you are still at it! Da iawn! I can’t even imagine how tired your brain must be, but you’re speaking Manx! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, he finished and in approximately 50 minutes he will have live chat with Manx officer (or how is his title) Adrian. Links to hangout and YouTube are on YouTube but I’ll post them here for you:

Hangout is here: https://plus.google.com/events/cr4ld9
and YouTube broadcast is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1p-cg

And, yes … I believe @aran will do just fine …

2 Likes

Above YouTube link is obviously not the right one. This is the right one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1p-cgMKEiM so you can watch here.

@aran is doing a great job although I don’t understand anything.

1 Like

Well I obviously didn’t understand anything, but it sure looked like a real 20 minute conversation! I’m impressed! At some point I will have to learn what (phonetic spelling here) “tah me geeree” and “tah me tiggle” mean! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, BTW, this is Adrian on the picture, not Aran. :slight_smile:

And this is how it ended. It was amazing! I believe recordings remain on YouTube so you can watch all later if you wish.

It was great conversation which I didn’t understand a bit but learned half of the word football (to say not to write it down) now I have to go for another half. :slight_smile:

Well done @aran. I can only be quiet and humble by how many years I’m learning Cymraeg and knowing so little.

Oh, and there was 12 people watching conversation the most among who can very easily be someone (except me) from Slovenia because that link to live conversation went viral on my blog too. :slight_smile:

Da iawn ti ac llongyfarchiadau!

(… hmmmm … and he didn’t need sour cucumbers … ) :smile:

1 Like

We’ll have to try and figure out how to put subtitles in English on that - but while there was of course a certain amount of repetition, I promise that it wasn’t all just one phrase…:wink:

Ta me tiggle (SSiSpelling) is ‘I understand’, which is why I got a bit animated about it at one point, because it was temporarily true… ta me geeree is ‘I want’…

Thank you both very much for your support - really helped me keep on pushing when I was feeling knackered, knowing that there were people in here ready to watch me when we had our chat - my last ‘chat after one day’ was with Louis, and it was private until we published it - very different feeling having a live audience, even a small one!

:star: :star2:

2 Likes