Anyone in Cardiff on the 15th or 16th?

Hi! I’m coming to Wales in a week, and I’m going to spend the first three days in and near Cardiff. So, would anyone like to meet up for a chat? :slight_smile:

I’ll be arriving on Friday the 14th, but will probably be going straight to Barry. So I will mostly be free on Saturday and Sunday (15th&16th). I’m not completely sure about my plans on those days yet! Probably more busy on Sunday than Saturday.

Tagging some people I know live around there… @Y_Ddraig_Las @AnneEvans @AnthonyCusack @sarapeacock

4 Likes

I’ll be arriving in Cardiff on the 16th! I’d love to catch up for a sgwrs - PM me if you can fit me in, and we can work out the details! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am working that weekend, however, keep me posted about evening activities.

2 Likes

Hi. I will be around next weekend and very happy to meet up. When/where would be best for you ?

3 Likes

Diolch everyone!

I will try to update as soon as I have a better idea of the plans :slight_smile:

@Karla, oh yeah, I remember seeing your post! At what time are you arriving?

@AnthonyCusack, diolch!

@AnneEvans, Cardiff would be easiest for me, but I don’t mind trying to make my way to Y Bont-faen if I have the time… :blush:

2 Likes

My plane lands at 9:00 am, so I’m pretty much available any time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cardiff will be fine.

3 Likes

Shwmae @Novem!
I live in Barry and work in Cardiff.
Also, I finish work for a week on the 14th as I have my mam staying in Barry Island for a week.
I spoke to @Karla recently on Facebook about a possible meet up while she visits Cymru, but nothing concrete planned as of yet. If you (and others) are free between the 14th and the 22nd (preferable in the evening as the days will be spent with my non-Cymraeg speaking mam), I would be happy to meet with you also. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh, diolch! Maybe we could meet in Barry, then, or at the same time with @Karla? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely! If @Karla replies beforehand with when she’s available then happy days. Otherwise, I would be more than happy to arrange a meet with you for when you’re here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess @Novem is likely to just crash here on Friday night, although I’ll leave that up to her!

I’m not around on Saturday during the day at all so I guess that’s her obvious day for going to Cardiff.

We hadn’t arranged anything specific for Sunday morning, as one of the kids will be at ballet. But I was planning a trip to St Fagans in the afternoon with another Welsh speaking family. Anyone who would like to join would be very welcome of course!

We could always have a Barry meet up one evening too. Or people would be very welcome to drop in here any time in the house or garden if the weather’s nice.

3 Likes

I agree with you! :smile: Though it’s also possible that I’ll get so much sleep on the airplane and bus that I’ll be super awake. (I doubt it)

2 Likes

Hey @Novem and @faithless78, a group meet up sounds great! As of now, I have nothing concrete planned for that week, so I’m happy to work around the both of you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @Karla, are you arriving at Cardiff airport at 9 am on Sunday? That’s only 10 mins from our house, so we could pick you up and bring you back here to join in if you like! (I don’t know what sort of a journey you will have behind you so you might prefer a less full-on start!)
Otherwise, people might meet on Sunday evening. Barry Island would be nice in nice weather - what do you think, @faithless78? (I’m likely to be busy looking after kids on Sunday night, but could probably pop over for a bit.)

2 Likes

Actually it turns out that I’m landing at 10:00 - I was looking at an old itinerary! That probably throws a spanner in the works, sorry!

1 Like

Doesn’t throw a spanner in anything! We’re basically free on Sunday morning so just give us a shout if you’d like us to come up! :smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic! That would be wonderful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, what fun! I’ll PM you my phone numbers - best to send a message when you land then we’ll probably pick you up from the meeting point outside arrivals to save parking.

I was planning on doing early Sunday lunch after ballet finishes at 12 then heading off to St Fagans. Do you both like roast chicken or shall we have a veggie option too?

Where are you staying Sunday night, @Karla?

1 Like

Sat 15th and Sun 16th there is an event in Pontypridd (about 20 mins up the road from Cardiff) called “Parti Ponty” which is a Welsh Language affair with stands, bands and events - if you’re in the area!

1 Like

It sounds well worth getting along to - Parti Ponty

1 Like