Anyone learning Welsh in Somerset?

@aran @Deborah-SSi On this subject I know my newsletter goes in to the spam folder and I keep clicking ‘not spam’ but then I get a security message saying this email cannot be considered safe to open. I am assuming that even though I have said it is not spam or junk mail that because of the security issues it still gets put into my spam folder. Any advice on this?

I work 9-5, so daytimes are out for me, but some evenings I can or weekends… :smile:

Shwmae Samantha

Dwi’n byw yn Clevedon, a dwi wedi neud y cwrs haf Canolradd . Mae 'n anodd feindio rhywun yn siarad Cymraeg yn Gwlad-yr-Haf. Dwi wedi ymddeiol nawr, a byw yn Clevedon ers 1990, a dwi’n dysgu Cymraeg ers tair blynedd.

Hwyl nawr

Paul

2 Likes

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum - and congratulations on your excellent Welsh!

Just FYI - outside the ‘Be’ dach chi’n gwneud?’ practice thread for written Welsh, we ask people to post in English (or with an English translation) so that the forum remains entirely welcoming even to people on the first day of their learning journey… :slight_smile:

ok apologies - thanks for that Aran

1 Like

No need to apologise - it’s a slightly unusual pattern, we know, when all our work is about helping people become Welsh speakers! It’s just turned out to be a really valuable part of how the community works… :slight_smile:

Noswaith dda Paul. dwin chwillio am rywun I siarad cymraeg at lein. Dwin. ymddeol byw yn Gloucester. Newid cwpla course3. ebost b38.gillam@hotmail.co.uk
Good evening Paul. I am looking for somebody to chat with online… I am retired and live in Gloucester. Just completed course3. you can email me at b38.gillam@hotmail.co.uk
Brian

1 Like

Hi, I just came across this old thread and wondered if anyone in Somerset (or Gloucestershire) is still looking for practice partners. I finished Level 3 a while ago, but I’m struggling with the advanced content. I also need to practice speaking a lot more. I would be happy to meet up or chat online. Best wishes, Anne.

Happy to meet other Welsh speakers

Hi, I’m in Wells, just starting and happy to join a Somerset Welsh group & meet on Monday afternoon sometimes; would you keep me in touch, please? I’d love to order coffee in Welsh in an actual cafe.

@CatrinLliarJones ar gyfer y cylchlythyr :slight_smile:

OK, thanks

Hi there. I am a Welsh speaker (ish) / learner in Yatton.
I would be interested in maybe a monthly meet though not sure I could do a Monday afternoon.
Happy to try and help yours and others Cymraeg journey. My lovely partner is a new learner bless her.
Cheers,
Cris

1 Like

I’m new too, so a monthly meet would be useful, at a mutually convenient time. Maybe when I’ve got a couple of weeks under my belt - I’ve just done the free week & can’t seem to navigate past the intro video to the course content… Cheers, Pen

To get to the course content, click on ‘Learn’ above to take you to the main website, then click on ‘Learn’ again to get the dropdown list of materials. Choose ‘Challenges’ and got to Level 1, Challenge 1, and you’ll be on your way.

Thank you. I’ve done the free course and want to sign up to a paid course but there is no link for that. Any advice welcomed. Do I have to redo the free course?

Hello Cris and Pen-1,

I live in Exeter in Devon and would be happy to meet up once a month or so somewhere accessible for me via train (I have no car), Taunton perhaps?

Dioch,
Kevin

Nice one Kevin.
That could work. Or maybe alternate between Wells, Exeter, Yatton? There is a station at Yatton. Is there one at Wells?

1 Like

Vaughan, @vgh50 lives in Somerset! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Cris,

Yes, we could alternate for sure.

Diolch,

Kev