Anyone Looking for an SSiW Gig Buddy?

bryn fon…nos sadwrn…market hall, caernarfon…! https://www.facebook.com/events/808205486034140/ dewch yn llu!

2 Likes

Anyone here had any success with gig-buddying yet? :wink:

2 Likes

me and mamwlad! off to the anweledig gig in july :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haia! I’m going, wanna meet up at some point? :smile:

1 Like

of course! the more the merrier, lets PM mobile details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone going to the Bendith/ PLU, Colorama gig Friday night in Cardiff at the Reardon theatre? A few SSIiW types are going so we could meet up?

Oh and if anyone is going to see ‘Let’s Eat Grandma’ [English language band I’m afraid] tonight in Cardiff and wants someone to speak Welsh with, get in touch!

all these great gigs! It’s a shame to be stuck in here london without a ticket to Gwenno and Omolama tonight!

1 Like

If that happened when I was in my teens I used to hang around the stage door and eventually a member of one of the bands would let me in. I don’t know how many great bands I saw that way - The Jam, The Clash, Ramones, Undertones…
Get down there, speak to Llŷr Pari in Welsh while he’s unloading his gear, get yourself on the guest list. Sorted*. :wink:

*Writer’s estimate. Other outcomes are also likely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that Mr Omoloma?

I suppose Mr Omaloma is George Amor. Llŷr Pari is the other half of the band. You’d recognise him if you saw him. He’s been in loads of other bands including Cowbois Rhos, Jen Jeniro, Palenco, Y Niwl.

1 Like

myself and @Mamwlad are going to car gwyllt in blaenau ffestiniog, july the 14th, potentially some others i know in the area, if anyone’s stuck for someone to go with (been in that postition myself many times!), give me a shout :slight_smile:

1 Like

This very Sunday a feast of music for anyone who would like to join me for half a shandy or maybe even two!
It’s happening at Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff from 4pm with many of your favourite bands: Lastig Band, Papur Wal, Marged, Omoloma, Y Sybs and Serol Serol make their return to Clwb.
It will be noisy, but a fantastic opportunity to speak to fluent speakers who may have had a shandy or two themselves and be easily cajoled… sorry… happy to speak Welsh with you. Get in touch if you are interested.

1 Like

Anyone going to Swn this weekend in Caerdydd?

Just noticed in Golwg that they have a gig by The Gentle Good, Accu, Georgia Ruth & Toby May from 12-2pm on 9 Nov at the Union Chapel, Compton Terrace, Islington, London - maybe best to check, though, if you plan to go along

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, I am going to try and go along if I can persuade my daughter to come! the Union Chapel is possibly my favourite venue for music, so atmospheric. It is pay-what-you-want-on-the-door no booking required.

If anyone else is going let me know!

1 Like

Minor typo alert - It’s Toby Hay.

Not a gig as such, but @amandalaing is looking for a theatre buddy…

Anyone also fancy joining Deborah at the theatre?

1 Like

I’m planning on seeing Los Blancos in Newport on 12th March if anyone fancies coming along? Its only £6.60
Also, don’t worry about the date on poster its apparently a rescheduled gig!

1 Like