Anyone watching Pobol Y Cwm? Rownd a Rownd? New Hangout to discuss soaps 🎬

Jason has got very fed up with Dylan rubbing his nose in the fact that he’s a successful businessman and Jason is a failure. He decides to leave APD and set up his own handyman enterprise.

This new business is very successful and he gets work in far off places like Swansea. Whilst working on a house the client asks him if he has a wife and family to go back to as he seems to be working perhaps too hard on the house. Jason says that his wife has gone off with newcomer from Swansea, Dylan who is also looking after his son. On mention of this the client realises who this is and spills the beans on the illicit means by which Dylan got his money - by various drug deals and other criminal and sharp practices.

The client rounds up Jesse and they go back to confront Dylan in The Deri. Jesse says that he made her abort their child and now she can’t have any further children. Jesse apologises to Sionedd for all the trouble she has caused and explains that the girl she kidnapped was let go and fell into the docks on her own. They become friends and village nuisances by periodically painting the village red after sessions in The Deri - girls just have to have fun.

At the same time The client says that Dylan is a crook and a drug dealer. He has led the Client’s daughter into drugs which took a lot of time and money to repair. After all this Sara dumps Dylan and returns to the (now rich) Jason.

Kelly decides to keep the baby as having a dad who is a murderer is not altogether new in Cwmderi. She has a relationship with DJ as he is dependable and a typically welsh dad.

Tesni gets real and after a short time goes back to school nobody noticing that she has been away or that she seems to be about 30.

Everybody settles down for a Happy Christmas - so different from the English in Eastenders

1 Like

Hi @davee52uk! I’ve just moved your post here to this existing Pobl y Cwm thread where it will probably be better seen. :slight_smile:

Hard to write this without it looking like I am not taking the current situation with coronavirus seriously but I couldn’t help but write something in this thread.

Does anyone know when the current Pobol y Cwm episodes are going to dry up now they have stopped making them? As coronavirus has not yet been mentioned in the programme (okay, it might have been but I am not using subtitles so who knows what I am missing, I still can’t work out why Jim isn’t around anymore!?!) does this mean there is a couple of months supply still to show?

I think they film it quite a time ahead, even to the point of wearing coats in the summer, etc. They are going to start limiting the show to a Tuesday and Thursday to make it last longer before running out of episodes. I don’t know how long before they run out though.

Good job you’re joking. :joy:
That was a really good, well made story line too I thought.

1 Like

I’ve heard they have a six week run of programmes left because that’s how far ahead they film. Sounds like they will be able to eek it out for longer if it goes to twice weekly. Someone on FB suggested showing old episodes when they run out - I’d really like to see them!

1 Like

@MarcusWhitfield

2 Likes

Do you like the Welsh Soap Operas, Pobl Y Cwm and Rownd a Rownd? How would you like to join me every Monday here. I’ve been learning welsh for about a year so we will be helping each other. Whether you are new and you just want to say a few sentences and listen in, or if you are fluent and want to show off your welsh to the rest of us, everyone is welcome. The whole idea is just getting the welsh you know in your head, out of your mouth, and what better way than talking about your favourite S4c soap. Starting this Monday at 7.30pm we will be talking about Rownd a Rownd and from 8pm Pobl Y Cwm. Come and join us for one or both. If you only watch one just drop in at the relevant time.

3 Likes

Excellent idea, Marcus. Diolch yn fawr iawn in advance! Stay well.

Well, here’s one positive out of the current lockdown situation! How interesting it is to see the Pobol y Cwm feature programmes looking back over the life of key characters in the series. I’ve watched Garry Monk and Hywel Llywelyn so far and learnt so much about them, that I’m now keen to start watching it again when things get back to normal.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve been catching up with the individual character episodes as I’ve not watched it before so hopefully this will get me “into” the program. So far I’ve found them extremely helpful.

1 Like

Exactly what I’ve been doing too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sent them S4C a message through FB to say how much I was enjoying them and how much PyC improved my everyday Welsh when I was first learning. They replied within an hour or so and were pleased to hear. I often wonder how much TV channels just receive complaints, so I try to make a point of telling them when I really like something :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s back :heart_eyes::star_struck::star_struck::smiley::sunglasses:

1 Like

So, who was in the body bag, or is it obvious? Um?

1 Like

Daf?

RaR … Kylie. I saw it coming but I’m very excited to see how this turns out. Still, poor Iestyn.

2 Likes

Why has no-one mentioed DJ?!

DJ? There has never been a DJ on Pobol y Cwm and there never will be!!! Poor Sioned.

2 Likes

I have to admit that I have a bit of a thing for Sioned but I fear we may see the return of her bad side after being jilted like that … as Gerwyn experienced.

2 Likes