Anyone watching Pobol Y Cwm? Rownd a Rownd? New Hangout to discuss soaps 🎬

And he looks like he might start unravelling at the edges too, doesn’t he?

I’m hoping that it’s Gary too (mainly because he’s behaving impeccably with his supportive father routine, supportive friend routine, and hasn’t been monstrous for a while) and that when Matthew finds out, he will run far, far away…

1 Like

Diolch byth!! Dani is off the hook, and Sheryl is starting to see sense … though yes, it does look like Matthew is unravelling. He still might spill the beans to Gary.

1 Like

Why did Dani actually give the test result paper to Matthew?

What a fool! Now he’ll go home, get drunk, fall asleep and leave it on the settee for Vicky to find! (and then tell everyone).

AAARGGGHH So frustrating! I was literally screaming at the TV when she gave it to him.

2 Likes

Worse, Vicky will find the paper and, after a while when she realises how much debt she is in to whatshername, start blackmailing Dani about it. Not sure if Matthew and Vicky will stay together but my money would be that they would as the writers probably feel they need some nasty characters working together as everyone else seems to be starting to get so nice.

Are you a writer on the show? As that kind of seems very plausible - especially after Dani offered Matthew as much money as he needed to leave her alone a week ago.

Yes, I can imagine that happening too. Poor Dani. Things never seem to work out for her. It seems a long time ago that she was walking about happily with her silly dog tucked under her arm and living with Brandon, Gary’s brother!

So, does Non go through with the operation? I am guessing yes. However, after going on about it for so long is something going to go wrong…?

Waiter , some bromide for Sher and Geth please !

1 Like

That hospital only has one corridor doesn’t it? Must make finding your way about a bit easier.
Felt very sorry for Non (apart from her post op calamity) because when she woke up, no one was there! Give an organ away at considerable emotional strain to yourself and when you wake up, your family are gracing the other bedside!
Matthew is starting to make me wince, and I want to give Gary a good talking to about his previous behaviour with Sioned (but I wouldn’t dare).[quote=“Richard636363, post:200, topic:7941, full:true”]
Waiter , some bromide for Sher and Geth please
[/quote]

No arguments from me - is Bromide fast acting? :joy:

Hello everyone! I am doing a feature about how important of Pobol y Cwm to practicing Welsh language. Anyone wanna share their stories with me?

1 Like

I live in London and Pobol y Cwm is my, out of evening class, way of trying to speak Welsh. I use the Welsh sub-titles and sain disgrifio to add extra (and easier) words. My view is that I will have cracked Welsh when I understand PYC (unfortunately a long way off). Sometimes I watch it without sub-titles and understand almost nothing and sometimes I understand more. I usually understand most of the sub-titles but some times I don’t (I tried to work out if it was the author that was different but that was inconclusive). PYC gives me my 20 mins a day of Welsh that I stick to because I like the programme. Without it I would be lost. I even considered setting up a PYC group here in London to discuss the programme and the words to spur some of us learners on.

2 Likes

Hey, shall we have a private talk about your story on PYC, like email or telephone? Could you tell me more about your experience?

Sorry if it’s somewhere else on here but can’t find it. Is anyone watching Pobl? I really want to know what Gwynedd thinks she’s doing? DJ can’t go down for an unprovable rape? I’m hooked but it seems ridiculous. Have I missed some back story from ages ago?

you might want to check out this thread, Roger -

Thanks for that but it’s not up-to-date.

You can just add your latest thoughts to the end of that thread and it will get going again. It’s easier to keep things in one thread if people are searching for it later on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gwyneth is a deceitful, nasty character who has a fixation on Sioned. She was jealous of the friendship between DJ and Sioned and she is determined to destroy that. Yes, it is a ridiculous plot and I want to shout at Sioned for being so gullible when Gwyneth has been horrible to her in the past, but that’s soapies for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Surely the results will show DJ is innocent? Unless Gwyneth has been really nasty.

Well, that’s what I thought … but then there was that silly phonecall where Sioned was told that they aren’t going to do the tests UNLESS she accuses DJ, which doesn’t seem right to me. Surely that wouldn’t be standard procedure?

Yes because DJ has been accused already? Unless Gwyneth has interfered in a way that we don’t know about yet?