Anyone watching Pobol Y Cwm? Rownd a Rownd? New Hangout to discuss soaps šŸŽ¬

Exactly! What is she? Stealthy ninja KGB?
Wasnā€™t it lucky that she found DJā€™s laptop so easily too?

It can be, but I didnā€™t think she could see his hands on the keyboard from where she was. She appeared to be more looking at the screen.

As for what has happened, Iā€™d be here writing a novel, and I need to get back to bwtcamp. Iā€™ll leave that up to others :smile:

1 Like

Sioned, DJ, Gwyneth etc all got blotto and Sioned went to bed, as did DJ with nothing happening between them. However, Gwyneth touched Sioned and took photographs of her in bed. Gwyneth, being Gwyneth, put the thought in everyoneā€™s heads that DJ had raped Sioned, presumably so that she could get Sioned for heself. In PYC land everyone believed it even though there was no evidence. The police were involved but they decided not to proceed. Things had cooled a bit and Sioned knew something had happened but didnā€™t think it was DJ which has caused Gwyneth to raise the bar and put the pictures she took on DJā€™s laptop and will, presumably, tell the police.

One of the good things about PYC is that you end up learning words that you would never thought you would need such as, in this case, the serious issue of rape.

Conscious that as I write this there may be several other PYCā€™ers all going to send you a variation on this story.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly.
Iā€™m reminded now of why I stopped watching - that some of the characters are so irredeemably unpleasant!

2 Likes

In case any of you super fans miss this on the ā€˜Gigsā€™ threadā€¦

BBC Studios Wales, Roath Lock, Cardiff Bay CF10 4GA
Pobol y Cwm Tours
04 Aug - 10 Aug 2018
Free but ticketed
Come and enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the Pobol y Cwm set and learn more about how the programme is made. So why not join us at BBC Studios Wales in Cardiff Bay for a first-hand television experience? We look forward to welcoming you to Cwmderi.
Please read the following important information before booking your ticket(s).
Every guest must bring photo ID (e.g. Passport, Driving licence). There are also restrictions on what you can bring with you. You may bring small bags including handbags (under 40cm x 35cm x 19cm - approximately the size of an A3 sheet of paper).
Backpacks, large bags, rucksacks and shopping bags are not allowed on the tour. We do not have cloakroom facilities, so please do not bring these bags with you.
Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before your tour time, to allow for all security checks to take place. Guests will be subject to a person and bag search.
The tour will last over an hour and will involve a certain amount of walking and standing. Itā€™s suitable for wheelchairs.
The BBC reserves the right to cancel tours for operational reasons and in these circumstances no alternative dates will be given.
Please make sure all children under 16 have a ticket and are accompanied by an adult, we wonā€™t be able to allow them in otherwise.

Follow link below to book.

https://www.wmc.org.uk/Productions/2018-2019/363577/408183/?view=Standard&&lang=en

4 Likes

Fantastic! I couldnā€™t go the last time it was available so Iā€™ll make sure to go this time.

Perhaps if others that want to go could post here when would be the best day and time for them, we could try to have an SSiW group together?

Good idea @Deborah-SSi, Iā€™m in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m flexible on which day so Iā€™ll see what any others say.
@Macky ??

2 Likes

One person on Slack said a lot of the slots appear to be booked already. Iā€™m randomly going for 10.00 on the Tuesday morning. Is that any good for others?

1 Like

Yes please.
Any slot or Day is good for me. :sunglasses:

1 Like

OK, Iā€™ve ordered 4 spare tickets for that 10am Tuesday morning (7/8) slot - one for you @Macky, and 3 for the first 3 people that put their hands up :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks. @Sylv put her hand up before me. :+1:t2:

Gwych! Thatā€™s 2 tickets gone, 2 left. Anyone want to join us?

1 Like

Thanks Dee, that timeā€™s fine with me

1 Like

I rarely watch Pobol y Cwm these days, so I donā€™t visit this thread very often, but you may be interested to know (if you donā€™t already) that there is a rather neat way of hiding spoilers, that Iā€™ve only just discovered.

(I tried one way that didnā€™t work, then found another way that did! :slight_smile: )

Iā€™ve posted about it in the RaR thread:

1 Like

So does Non know DJā€™s password? This is getting a bit too tense for me!

2 Likes

Have only managed to get a few minutes in to the episode (thank you internet for teaching me patience) but Iā€™m already wondering WHY Sioned would even go to the pub with Gwyneth, when not that long ago she was half dead in hospital having been pushed down the stairs and left for dead byā€¦ (drum roll) GWYNETH! What is the point of being so evil and never having to pay for it? Where is my closure???

1 Like

Itā€™s over, phew, itā€™s over. DJ is off the hook!!

Canā€™t wait for Gwyneth to come back to face the music. Or, on past PYC form, perhaps everyone will have a slanging match but then they all, including Gwyneth, will go back around DJā€™s for a drink.

4 Likes

Iā€™m really glad it was Sioned who discovered Gwynethā€™s little trick. She suddenly gone from passivity itself - letting Gwyneth herd her about and dictate her every thought, to her old, more gutsy self. Letā€™s hope other aspects of her old self donā€™t return tooā€¦
Wonder how Gwyneth will wriggle her way out this time?

2 Likes

Didnā€™t Sioned tell DJ it couldnā€™t have been him, but gave no explanation why. I bet it will still go on and on without Gwyneth being nobbled. I canā€™t understand why everyone havenā€™t realised that it is Gwyneth making the bullets for others to fire. All will be revealed on Monday???