Aussie Skype chats resuming

We’ve had a hiatus in our Aussie Welsh language Skype chats due to some serious family health problems. I’d intended to pick up the baton again next year. But I’ve had two requests for conversation practice this week. So, I’ve decided to bring the date forward. We will meet at 8 pm on Thursday 7th of December (which may still be too early for our Perth friends). The conversation will be primarily in Welsh. But both learners and confident speakers are welcome to join us. PM me if you’d like to be involved and I’ll include you in the call.

Hwyl!

3 Likes

Hi there, this sounds interesting. I’ve only gone through the old level 1 course and most of the new level 1 and wouldn’t be able to converse, really, but can/do people just listen in too?

Hi Robin,

Certainly you can participate as much or as little as you like. PM me your email address and i’ll add you to the call.

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for taking up the baton earlier than planned. I would like to be included in the call but have got a surprise birthday party on the same evening. It has an early start so I will try to get away in time.

2 Likes

Great i’ll put you on the list and if we don’t catch you this time, there will be a next time.

1 Like

Hello Elizabeth, new kid on the block, dont have Skype yet but will get it now. I live in Perth and am retired so time of chats not important. Have just started the lessons so not speaking yet but will enjoy listening. Bye for now. Gerald Jones.

3 Likes

Great. I look forward to talking soon. Send me your Skype details and i’ll Add you.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have become double booked this Thursday. My husband has a work function - one of his closest colleagues is retiring - i’d Heard him chat abou the dinner but hadn’t realized I’d be invited. My husband says I don’t have to come but I suspect he’d really, really like me to be there. So, we have two options. I can make the call and leave you to your devices. However, as a few of you are new to Skype chats, I’d love to be there to facilitate. What do you think? Go ahead? Or postpone until,the following Thursday?

Sorry, I didn’t see the notification for that reply earlier. I see maybe this isn’t going ahead on the Thursday now …

1 Like

I’d like to join the session for whenever you decide it’s on - as a lurker/listener only at this stage as I’m only doing lesson 1. However I can’t work out how to PM you my email or Skype name! Help please.

1 Like

You just need to tap on my icon. Then send a message. I am lizziejane on Skype or Liz Corbett. But I also have a website. http;//elizabethjanecorbett.com. If you leave a message I’ll give you my details.

No, we’ll postpone to the 14th. I will tell my husband not to double book me! :blush:

Yep tried that but there’s no option for me to contact you. Never mind, I’ll find you on Skype.

Okay, we’ll meet at 8 pm on Thursday 14th of December, come hail or high weather. See you there!

1 Like

The next Aussie Skype chat will be on Thursday January 11th at 8pm Melbourne time. Pop it in your diaries and look out for a notice closer to the time.

Tan hynny!

2 Likes

Hi Gerald,

I look forward to meeting you on Skype. PM me your details. Or alternately look for me on Skype:

Liz Corbett
lizziejane2001@yahoo.com.au

1 Like