Australian newcomer

Diolch @henddraig I’m really new to this so appreciate any hints you can give me!

1 Like

Well, you can reply to more than one person in the same posting using the @username way to,demarcate your replies. Read FAQs and "Really useful stuff…"thread. If you are on an iPad, as I am now you may not be able to quote from posts, but with a normal keyboard you can highlight a bit of a posting and reply to that. If you do that while your reply box is still open, it will add it to the end of your previous entry! Hope some of that is useful!
Ps it took me so long to find your mention of signing because you didn’t use @!

1 Like

HI Libby welcome to the forum!! I am in South Australia, happy to skype yn cymreag if you want/need. I certainly need the practice as I have been rostered on for work every time the Aussie skype chat has been on, so I don’t get as much chance to practice as I would like.It would be good to talk with another person from SA. I think there are couple of others in SA on here too.

Sorry just read a bit further down the post, I am near Hahndorf in the hills if that helps.

1 Like

I’m in Perth, WA, I’d be happy to join in any Skype groups…I have yet to have a conversation in Welsh, so it’d be good to join in, if I’m welcome. I think it was mentioned someone was a Skype organiser? was it @lynne_freudigmann? and Thanks @henddraig for the tip on using user names! I’m also pretty new to this forum stuff :slight_smile:

Fy mhleser, dim problem! (My pleasure, no problem!)

Hello Emile if you send me your skye address I will add you. We meet on Thursday evenings at 8pm est. how does that suit you. If it is no good for you I would be happy to talk with you. I am still learning so am no expert but I remember my first conversation. I was a stuttering mess. Let me know if you would like to talk, the first one is always the hardest so you’d be talking to someone who understands.

3 Likes

Hello. Haven’t been here much lately. I’m the learner from Mallala so been busy dodging floods and preparing for bushfire season :S I don’t really do Skype as when I rarely get free time I spend it in the country air with a cold beer. Where abouts in our lovely state are you?

2 Likes

Mick, I am sure I speak for all of us in saying how glad I am you dodged the fires and I hope you manage to continue doing so. The same goes for anyone, anywhere faced with fire or earthquake! I do hope you manage to have a happy and relaxing Christmas!

2 Likes

Hi Lynne!
I’d love to find a few people to chat with, whether individually or all at once, on Skype. Only problem is the hours I work are rather unsocial so I can’t make the group chat! (I work all evenings apart from Sunday).
How do you think I could go about at least being on some sort of list of Skype names? Happy to be contacted and a yet to have a proper conversation in Welsh after completing level 2 recently!
Thank you,
Charlotte

We need to do a bit more with this - it’s on our list, promise!

I’d be happy to kick you off with an hour’s chat sometime during the day, if you’d like… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that is an offer I cannot refuse, no matter how daunting! Shall I message you my Skype name? Thank you Aran!

2 Likes

That sounds ideal, yes. Don’t be daunted - my children and dogs want me to tell you that there is absolutely nothing in the least scary about me. Sadly…:wink:

I wouldhappy to go on a list of people to SKype with if that exists as i need practice and my work scedule is a bit different too

1 Like

I don’t kinow if the sgwrs happened already but you absolutely don’t need to feel like that (said from the first hand)! It will boost your learning/speaking and confidence to the hights, believe me. And @aran is such kind person!

Pob lwc1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the encouragement Tatjana!
I’m excited for the sgwrs to come!

This course is steadily helping me achieve something I’ve always wanted, very exciting. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Charlotte, send me your Skype address and I’ll add you. If you are unavailable or don’t want to chat just ignore the call. If you would like to talk indivually let me know and I’ll talk with you. In the meanwhile Nadolig Llawen.

1 Like

Hi Leighton, I’ll talk with you at your convenience. Let me know if and when.

1 Like

That would be fantastic. I will pm you when I return home.

1 Like

Hi Wyverne, I live near Benalla, just started this course. I’m from Wales and used to be able to speak welsh but have forgotten most of it. Hoping to brush up my skills here. Nice to see so many aussies learning Welsh!

1 Like