Confirmed. Autumn unofficial minibootcamp 6-8 october £37 inc food! 1 place left

Ok…i’ve found a cottage with 5 singles and a double that is available 6-8 october (fri -sun).

It’s near Groeslon in Gwynedd and was the location of the first unofficial mini bootcamp last September. (Roughly 5 miles west of Caernarfon).

If 6 people attend i can do it for £42 pp inc 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.

Breakfast is a fully cooked one with juice, toast and cereal.

Dinner, pasta one night, roast the other. Or possibly chinese etc.

If a couple attend making 7 in all i can do it for £37 pp.

I’ll put this up as a gauge of interest to begin with. If we get 5 declaring an interest i will book it. (It’s refundable).

Furry friends are welcome.

Remember you will need to share a room.

Add your name below if interested and how many single beds you need or if you need a double.

Oh and you need to not speak english at all over the weekend however stuck you are. You won’t get much out of it if you do and you risk making it more difficult for those trying to tune in to the welsh language. The more you try, the more mistakes you will make…but the more you WILL improve :slight_smile:

Pete

edit: this is now confirmed. The cottage is booked. One male place still available

1 Like

OK. It’s in the diary. Single bed please!

1 Like

Me please!

1 Like

Excellent. 3 places still available. Here is an example itinerary.

Friday arrive tea time.
Intros…and no english after 7.00
Dinner. Games

Sat
Breakfast
Trip to nantgwythern
Coffee
Welsh railway caernarfon to beddelert
Lunch
Train back
Walk
Dinner
More games/songs

Sun
Breakfast
Castle or visit set of rownd a rownd
Coffee
Depart lunchtime.

The extras to be paid are lunches, coffees and trips.

You can easily get a whole weekend of welsh for less than the cost of an ASBO. :wink:

1 Like

And what, precisely, is the cost of an ASBO? And how do you know?
(I’m looking for a smiley here, but unable to find one. Please consider one is present)

1 Like

Can i plead the fifth?

Update. One place left. As it stands i have a bed in a twin room left suitable for a male. Max cost £42. Could still be £37.

Ga i fynd hefyd? Gaynor

Dyna problem!!

Ordinarily i would say yes. However i only have one space left in a twin room occupied by a male.

Sorry.

1 Like

Paid a phoeni! Diolch

I’ll let you know if anything changes.

Please see forum rules about posting in Welsh:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Another thing that’s worth noting: Postings that are Welsh only can sometimes get caught by the forum’s automated moderation algorithms (they, like much of the internet, are U.S.-biased). This means posting may be delayed since the post then requires manual release by a moderator. I have no way of knowing if Gaynor missed a spot on this unofficial mini bootcamp because her first message was delayed (I had to release it this morning) but it would be a real shame if that was the case. :frowning:

2 Likes

Fortunately not. Three places got taken yesterday afternoon which means we are now a six.

One place left in a single bed (male only)

This is now confirmed and the cottage has been booked. The owners live on site and are welsh speakers.

Last place available (male). £37.

1 Like

All. If you need to contact me

Peter at mescall dot org dot uk

I won’t be on here now

Pete

Hi all. Is there a place left on this please? If so then I would like to go. Richard

This is an unofficial bootcamp organised by a SSiW user, but you’ll need to contact Pete directly, because of this:

1 Like

Which, of course is peter @ mescal.org.uk without the spaces he told me to put in to avoid spammers!
Whether there is still a space in that bootcamp, I do not know, but Pete runs a few each year, all for about £20-£40 a night, including food. Price depends on cost of renting cottage, which will depend on time of year and location.
Edit - I have heard from Pete. The Autumn bootcamp is £40 for the weekend, food included. Anyone else interested is welcome to email him. There is a spare sofa bed. I imagine this would mean sharing a room, probably y lolfa, so it is important to check with Pete!