SSi Forum

Bangor October meetup

I am going to be visiting Wales in October (6-20). We’ll be staying in Bangor. I would love to plan a meetup with other SSiW learners there if at all possible! Or if there was already a local group I could join, that would be lovely!
@Deborah-SSi

Hi Sarah
Dwi’n byw yn Ynys Mon a wedi bod yn dysgu Cymraeg am un deg wyth mis efo SSiW. Fyddi bod diddoral I cyfarfod efo’ ch chi.
Hope that makes sense.

Laraine

Helo, dw i’n byw ym Mhangor. I would love to meet up. As far as I know there isn’t currently a ‘Bangor meet-up’ so perhaps we should start one. :slightly_smiling_face:
Lisa

@lisahandcock I’m so glad you replied! We should definitely start one :slight_smile: Do you have thought as to a location (cafe or pub or …) that might be good to have it in, at least this time?

@laraine It does make sense. My written Welsh is just not that good, but I’m so glad you replied. Hopefully in the next week or so we can work out a place and time to cyfarfod!

Dw i’n bwy ym Mhenmaenmawr a mi fydda i licio amuno chi ym Mangor. Be am Pontio i cyfafrod? Yn ymyl Prifysgol agor:

• Monday - Friday: 12pm - 7.00pm
  • Saturday: 10.30am - 7pm
  • Sunday: 12pm - 5.30pm

Thank you! I think Nia is looking into this.

@Pengwen @lisahandcock @laraine

We are going to be meeting at 2 pm, Sunday October 17th at:
Pontio, Deiniol Rd, Bangor LL57 2TQ

Nia has set it up :slight_smile: I hope that works for you!

Definitely yes. I’ll see you there.

Christine and I will aim to make the pilgrimage to the big city from down here in Pen Llyn, too. Among other things it’ll give us a chance to try out the community-run electric car, though of course that’s a secondary consideration to meeting up with you all, and especially with Sarah. If anyone wants a gentle 2-hour walk down here next Thursday afternoon with a largely Welsh-speaking walking group, please let us know. It’s a bit late for today, I’m afraid, but we’ll be meeting in the car park at Trefor today at 1 00.

Perhaps a bit late to put in a plug for the community-owned- and -run self-catering rooms in a well-appointed building inside the town walls of Caernarfon: Llety Arall, just yards away from the castle? A great place to practice your Welsh!

Os oes gynnoch chi le am gatecrasher i’ch parti chi, mae’n debyg y fedrwn i ddod hefyd …

If you have space for a gatecrasher to your party, I’d probably be able to come too …

Dwi’n byw yn Llanrug, 7 milltir i ffwrdd o Fangor

I live in Llanrug, 7 miles away from Bangor