Barry SSIW updates

Diolch arianrhod. I’ll change it to ‘varying locations in Barry’ and people can contact you or look here for the specific details.

1 Like

If Barry is a little out of your area, here’s something just announced by Menter Bro Morgannwg. Held on the first Thursday of the month, here’s a chance to chat over morning coffee in Penarth:

Bore Coffi misol newydd - yn dechrau Dydd Iau, Mehefin 4ydd!

Dydd Iau cyntaf bob mis | 10 - 11am
Foxy’s Deli, Penarth

Cyfle i gwrdd â chyd-ddysgwyr ac ymarfer eich Cymraeg mewn awyrgylch anffurfiol.

Croeso cynnes i bawb!

3 Likes

Lovely weather here. By popular request we will again be meeting in the tea rooms at Cosmeston Country Park this Thursday 4th June at 2pm - ie tomorrow afternoon. We’ll be the ones speaking Welsh, and will probably wait for 10 minutes then set out for a walk before coming back for our cuppa. Join us if you can!

1 Like

We had a great walk around Cosmeston earlier this month - this time through fields and woodland. We couldn’t go round the ‘medieval village’ as it’s only open for a couple of hours in the morning free of charge, then paid tours only. This Thursday looks uncertain as only one person is available so far. Please contact me today or tomorrow if you’d like to meet in somewhere in Barry at 2pm, 18th June, otherwise we’ll cancel.

On Thursday 2nd July we’re meeting up at Y Senedd (National Assembly Building) in Cardiff Bay for a tour at 3pm. This tour is available for members of the public as well, so no need to book and hope to see you there.

We are meeting at the main entrance to the Senedd building in Cardiff Bay at 2.45pm this Thursday 2nd July. This is to allow time for the security checks before joining the 3pm tour. Who’s coming?

Do you live in the Vale of Glamorgan? Are you visiting the area this summer? There is an active Menter Bro Morgannwg organisation, so why not sign up to get their emails? See their website - menterbromorgannwg.org. There have been some great gigs this year - Gigs Bach y Fro - plus the first Gwyl Fach y Fro on Barry Island on 11 July.

2 Likes

It’s been a great summer, but I’m going to be really lazy and just paste the email I’ve sent out to our Barry group. If you work during the week and despair of joining in the fun, why not join us in the library on a Saturday morning for the weekly coffee morning upstairs, which meets from ten to midday.

Helo pawb,
August already! Tomorrow night - Monday - at the Palmerston Centre there is this:

Awst 3
7pm-9pm: Noson Ddirgelwch- Sherlock Jones. Pwy wnaeth e?! Dewch i roi tro ar gael bod yn dditectif.

Sarian assures me it’s a board game so you don’t need to worry about creeping around looking for clues. Hope you’ll come along if you can. Also, some review classes in Welsh are available for those who’d prefer that (see previous email for details).

Awst 4
10am Tuesday - Crwydro with Ruth on Barry Island. Meet outside Coffee Cove for a stroll before coffee.

Awst 6
2pm - Cylch Siarad y Barri (that’s us…) We are due to meet up somewhere. Weather forecast is mixed. Suggestions as to where to meet are welcome. We haven’t tried out Waitrose yet as a venue, so we could go there? To be confirmed.

Awst 10
7pm-9pm: Noson Gwis at the Canolfan Palmerston If you don’t fancy the quiz, there are some review classes in Welsh available.
Please note - this is the final activity on Monday nights until September 7th.

Awst 18
10am - Cowbridge Crwydro with Ruth. Meet outside the library.

Awst 20
2pm - Cylch Siarad y Barri. Again open to suggestions. Some of the trips we haven’t yet done - meet up in the cafe at Dyffryn Gardens; visit the craft centre in Llantrisant; take the train to Carmarthen for the day; search out the Welsh shops in Cardiff - Bodlon has just opened in Eglwys Newydd (Whitchurch); meet up with a couple of Welsh speakers from Merthyr for a coffee at the Amgueddfa in Cardiff… summer’s flying by but where is the sun???

Awst 23
2pm Sunday - Ruth is leading a Welsh Valeways walk in Merthyr Tudful. It’s a two boot difficulty walk (more than a stroll), starting from the Garw Nant Visitor Centre.

September - Cylch Siarad y Barri
We’ll be going back to the YMCA Hub on Gladstone Road/Court Road - right next to the big police station HQ.
We will meet there just once a month on the second Thursday afternoon at 2pm - please note the change.
We will advertise this as widely as we can.
First one of these will be 2pm, 10th September.

We are aware that not everyone can make a Thursday afternoon, so we’ll be arranging things at other times of the month as additional ‘meet-ups’ or trips. Maybe to do some of the things listed above. I can’t find a convenient regular slot that suits everyone, so we’ll have to leave this second meeting ‘ad hoc’ at present. Suggestions are welcome for times, activities etc.

I look forward to seeing some - or all! - of you soon.

Hwyl am y tro,

Judy

2 Likes

I hope you’ve enjoyed the summer break. Things are beginning to get going again next week, and information is starting to come in. Here’s what I can see on the horizon:

Tuesday 1st September - 10am Crwydro with Ruth on Barry Island. Meet outside Coffee Cove for a stroll and a coffee.

Saturday 5th September - 10am to midday - The Saturday Bore Coffi upstairs in Barry Library begins again after the bank holiday.

Monday 7th September - activities begin again at the Palmerston Centre.
7.30pm The Book Club will discuss Croniclau Pentre Simon by Mihangel Morgan. The Book Club will meet on the first Monday of the month in future. In October the book to be discussed will be Veritas by Mari Lisa, which won the Gwobr Goffa Daniel Owen at the Meifod Eisteddfod this month.

Thursday 10th September - 2pm Cylch Siarad in the Hub, YMCA, Gladstone Road.

Saturday 12th September - 2pm Valeways walk with Ruth: Uchelolau/Highlight Trail.
Meet Merthyr Dyfan Road, Sub Post Office CF62 9TG (three boot max difficulty/length)

Tuesday 15th September - 10am Crwydro with Ruth in Cowbridge. Meet by the library.

Tuesday 15th September - 7.15pm Cymrodorion meet in the Tabernacl Vestry. Sali Collins will talk on journalism.

And… most Sundays, there is a Welsh language service in the Tabernacl, King Square at 11am. The Chwiorydd meet in the Vestry every other Tuesday afternoon at 2pm and have a programme of talks for the ladies who attend services. The ladies are mainly elderly first language speakers and the talks are very varied. A great opportunity to improve your Welsh and meet some nice people.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Here’s what’s on this month:

Saturday 3rd October meeting weekly in the Philip John room upstairs in Barry Library 10am - midday. Come and enjoy some good company with Sarian wielding the coffee pot.

Monday 5th October: Clwb Llyfrau, 7.30pm in the Canolfan Palmerston. This month we’ll be discussing Veritas by Mari Lisa. Even if you haven’t read the book, why not come along and listen to what people thought of the novel? In addition, there are the weekly activities:
Gweithdy Digidol Wythnosol: 5.00-7.00pm Canolfan Palmerston bob nos Lun. iPads, ffonau symudol, defnyddio’r cyfrifiadur- dewch â’ch teclun os hoffech.

Côr Cymraeg: 7.00-9.00pm bob nos Lun, gyda Roxanne Western yn arwain.

Tuesday 6th October: Crwydro with Ruth.
Meet outside Coffee Cove at 10am for a stroll round Barry island. One hour walking, one hour coffee and chat.

Usually, Merched y Wawr meet on the first Tuesday, but I have no information yet.

Thursday 8th October: Cylch Siarad y Barri (that’s us) meet in the YMCA Hub at 2pm.
Come and discuss the plans to advertise the group more widely.

Sunday 18th October: Valeways 3-boot walk with Ruth. 2pm meet in Dyffryn Gardens car park. CF5 6SU.
See the Valeways website for more walks.

Tuesday 20th October: Crwydro with Ruth in Cowbridge starting 10am from the library.
Cymrodorion in Barry is 7.15pm the same day. If you watch Dal Ati and cariad@iaith, you may like to come and meet the programme’s producers - meetings are held downstairs in the Vestry of Barry Tabernacl, King Square.

See you soon.

1 Like

Helo bawb,

We’re half-way through October, so here’s the rest of the month coming up and a taste of November. Summer is truly over, so please don’t get indigestion from all the goodies on offer here to improve your Welsh listening and speaking skills. Drop in, drop out as you wish.

Monday 19th October - ‘Nos Lun’ Canolfan Palmerston. Free activities night. 5-7pm Gweithdy digidol (digital workshop). Bring your computer/tablet/smartphone problems to discuss. 7-9pm Cor - Come and sing with a small group. Or 7-8.30pm, come and see what Sarian’s up to this week - bring homework queries, play scrabble or just chat.

Tuesday 20th October - Crwydro’r Bontfaen with Ruth (Valeways) Stroll + Coffee in Cowbridge, chat in Welsh. Meet 10am outside Cowbridge library (every third Tuesday of the month). Costs just the price of your coffee.

Tuesday 20th October - Cymrodorion y Barri. Starts 7.15pm in the Tabernacl Vestry, King Square (down the outside steps). The S4C production team are coming to talk about the popular television series cariad@iaith and Dal Ati. Free entry, £1 for a cup of tea. (£3 for the year’s programme card if you want to come regularly.)

Friday mornings - there are groups for dysgwyr in the Bear’s Head Penarth (led by Nic apGlyn) and in the Bear’s Head Cowbridge and these are held most weeks. Take a chance and just turn up, or more details if you come to Barry library on Saturday mornings.

Saturday 24th October - 10-12 Come join the friendly Bore Coffi in Barry Library (upstairs) where Sarian wields the kettle. (Follow the laughter and chat to find the room we’re in - top of stairs, on right) £1 for coffee.

HALF TERM WEEK STARTS MONDAY 26 OCTOBER. No activities Monday night at Palmerston Centre.

Saturday 31st October - 10-12 Sarian hosts Bore Coffi in the Library.

Monday 2nd November -Clwb Llyfrau NB earlier than usual 7pm with Luned Whelan at the Palmerston Centre. The book we’ll be discussing is Neb Ond Ni by Manon Rhys. This book club is for more advanced readers who are willing to read a book at home, often containing dialect, and discuss a different book every month. This is a great opportunity to keep up with the latest and best Welsh fiction or biography. If your Welsh is not quite there yet, it’s something you might like to work towards through joining a reading group. Look out for one in your comfort zone.

The other Nos Lun Palmerston activities will be there as usual (see above)

Tuesday 3rd November - Crwydro Barry Island with Ruth (Valeways). Meet 10am outside Coffee Cove for a stroll and coffee afterwards. Every first Tuesday of the month.

Tuesday 3rd November - Merched y Wawr meet in the Tabernacl Vestry. Starts 7.30pm Subject this month is cooking and the guest is Elin Wyn Williams ‘Bant a la Cart’. This is Welsh W.I. and if you join, it costs £16 for the year including a glossy magazine. Meets first Tuesday evening of the month.

Friday 6th November - Gigs Bach y Fro presents an evening of music from Bryn Fon, at the Park Hotel, Park Crescent, Barry. Doors open 8pm. Tickets £10 from Ffion Here’s the contact details to order ahead: ffion@menterbromorgannwg.org / 029 20689888

Monday 9th November - Nos Lun Canolfan Palmerston activities as usual, plus an additional weekly activity.
Advance notice New! Cylch Darllen. Grwp i’r rhai sydd yn gallu darllen a thrafod drwy gyfrwng y Gymraeg. This is a reading group for more advanced readers. Read a book together page by page and discuss through the medium of Welsh. We’ll begin on 9th November by choosing a book to read on Monday nights.

Hope to see you at one of those events.

1 Like

Last Friday night’s Bryn Fon gig was fantastically successful. Standing room only, everyone enjoying and dancing and singing along to the old favourites. Best Gig Fach y Fro yet. Now for the rest of November - (Novembrrrr it isn’t yet in Barry, rather damp and clammy.)

I’m looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow:
Thursday 12th November - Cylch Siarad meets 1.30 to 3.30pm in Snax Cafe, YMCA Hub, Gladstone Road, Barry. We’ll look at useful phrases to write in Christmas cards, but mostly - we’ll talk!

Friday 13th November - there’s a free lecture (darlith) in Cowbridge Coleg Cymunedol by Iwan Rees on Welsh dialects, 2-3pm.

On Monday night at the Canolfan Palmerston we chose the novel we’ll be reading together out loud in the Cylch Darllen. It’s Craciau by Bet Jones which won the prize for popular fiction at the 2013 National Eisteddfod. I have borrowed a set of ten books from Barry Library so you don’t have to buy a copy. If you’ve read a book or two in the past, why not come along and see if this is your cup of tea to improve your pronunciation and comprehension- 6-7pm every Monday night.

Every Monday night also at the Palmerston Centre - why not come along 7-9 and join the informal small choir and sing Christmas carols in Welsh. Other activities are available.

Sadwrn Sarian - every Saturday morning come along to Barry Library 10-12 as usual for coffee and chat. Next month on Saturday, 12th December - there will be a free talk by Gareth Clubb of Friends of the Earth on “Power for the Future” between 11 and 12.

Tuesday 17th November - 10am meet outside Cowbridge library for Crwydro with Ruth.

Tuesday 17th November - 7.15pm Cymrodorion in the Tabernacl Vestry, King Square - Gareth Thomas will give a talk on his novel “A Welsh Dawn”.

Saturday 28th November - coach trip to Bath (Caerfaddon) I haven’t heard of anyone going on this trip, or if the bus is full, but if you’re interested and want me to find out more, please get in touch.

Do you know, I think after that it’s into Christmas carols and all that…

1 Like

You’re a :sunny: @Arianrhod, with your detailed catalogs of events! There’s a slight chance I might make it tomorrow afternoon… :smiley:

Gret!

It was so good to see you, Netmouse! Here’s what’s on in December.

Thursday 10th December - Cylch Siarad meets 1.30 to 3.30pm in Snax Cafe, YMCA Hub, Gladstone Road. Last month a dozen people made it to the Hub, which was great. We broke into smaller groups, and that is the idea. Feel free to move round from table to table until you find the place that’s comfortable for your level of Welsh, or come and help those just starting out. Please come with your ideas of what you want the group to do.

One suggestion - I see Karla is visiting Wales straight after Christmas. She’ll be in Cardiff for a week starting 28th December and would like some face-to-face Welsh conversation. I could suggest she takes the train to Barry Island and we could meet her for a coffee? Who’s willing to be part of the welcome party if the date is convenient?

Cylch Darllen - this new reading group got off to a shaky start. Just Sarian and me for the first session, so you’re in plenty of time to get reading with us. We meet every Monday 6-7pm in the Canolfan Palmerston, Cadoc Crescent (opposite Dow Corning). We’ll be reading Craciau by Bet Jones together, and the book is provided for you on loan. It’s a novel set in Anglesey, about what happens when fracking and the atomic power station fail to get along together, with consequences for the interwoven stories of the main characters! Recommended for lefel uwch readers, but come and give it a try. Other reading groups are available on Friday mornings in Barry. Ask for details.

Here’s the rest of what’s on in the Barry area:

Monthly Events

Tuesday 1st December: 10am Crwydro Ynys y Barri with Ruth (Valeways). Meet outside Coffee Cove, Barry Island for a stroll around the Island followed by coffee and chat.

Tuesday 1st December: 7.30pm Merched y Wawr ‘Crefftwaith gyda Catrin Llewellyn’. Venue: Tabernacl Vestry (down the outside steps). It costs £16 per year to include glossy magazine, but is free for a taster session.

Monday 7th December: 7.30pm Clwb Llyfrau, Canolfan Palmerston This is a Welsh book club led by Luned Whelan for confident readers who meet to discuss a different Welsh novel each month. This time, the discussion will be about Afallon by Robat Gruffydd, which won the Gwobr Goffa Daniel Owen in 2012. Next month the discussion will be about the newly published Sioned William novel, Chwynnu. If you enjoy reading Welsh novels at home, this group is for you!

Thursday 10th December: Cylch Siarad, YMCA Hub 1.30-3.30 (see above)

Saturday 12th December: Darlith/Lecture. 11am to midday in the Philip John Room, upstairs, Barry Library. Gareth Clubb of Friends of the Earth Wales will give a talk on: Ynni – Pŵer i’r dyfodol.

Tuesday 15th December: 10am Crwydro’r Bontfaen with Ruth (Valeway) Meet outside the library in Cowbridge for a stroll and coffee.

Tuesday 15th December: 7.15pm Cymrodorion meet in the Tabernacl Vestry. Gareth Thomas will talk about his English language nofel, ‘A Welsh Dawn’. This was postponed because of last-minute cancellation in November due to bad weather.

Weekly events:

Monday nights in the Canolfan Palmerston. There is something ‘Welsh’ happening from around 5pm to 9pm each Monday night.
5-7pm digital workshop, help available with your digital gadgets every week.
6-7pm Cylch Darllen (see above)
7-9pm Small Choir - singing with Roxanne
7-9pm Sarian is there to help with homework, play scrabble or monopoly, general conversation
6.30-8.30pm on the fourth Monday of the month only - Sewing/Knitting/Crochet/Handicraft workshop
Special Christmas celebration on Monday evening 14th December - Crefftau, carolau, gweithgareddau traddodiadol, 6.30-8.30pm.
Contact: Mared Furnham 01446-733762 (Canolfan Palmerston) mnfurnham@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk for more info.

Saturday mornings in the Philip John Room upstairs in Barry Library: 10am to midday with Sarian. If you haven’t been along to this for a while, why not give it a try.

Most Sunday mornings at 11am - Sunday service in the Tabernacl, King Square. Come and enjoy a Welsh service in this beautiful chapel, which they are getting ever nearer to putting up for sale.

Mwynhewch!

Judy

1 Like

Shwmae bawb,

Thursday 10th December - this Thursday 1.30-3.30pm, Cylch Siarad meets in the YMCA Hub, Gladstone Road. Come and chat. And plan. Is anyone available one afternoon the week of 28th December? Karla is a visiting Australian who would like to practice her Welsh which she’s learning online with SaySomethingInWelsh.com. I’ve suggested she jumps on a train down to Barry - if the weather’s nice we could stroll on Barry Island and have a coffee together. It only needs one or two of us, but more would be great.

Monday 14th December - Christmas Party night at the Canolfan Palmerston, Cadoc Crescent. Please note: there will be no Cylch Darllen. Festivities will probably start around 7pm for this pre-Christmas finale to the term. Everyone welcome.

Tuesday 15th December - Christmas Dinner with Crwydro. Meet up with Ruth for a stroll around Cowbridge at 10am, meet at the library as usual. Then Christmas Dinner at midday at the Red Fox (Cadno Coch), Penllyn CF71 FRQ (Ring the Fox for more details 01446 772352). Here’s some more of Ruth’s message:
Tafarn wleldig hyfryd - bwydlen yn gynnwys cinio Dolig, snaciau bar a llysfwytäwr ffonio
01446 772352 am wybodaeth bellach.

I sicrhau lle cysylltu a Ruth erbyn 5 yp nos Llun 14 Rhagfyr.

Dewch am dro, dewch am ginio neu y ddau :grinning: Croeso cynnes I bawb

Gallai rhoi lifft i 3. Gallen gwrdd ger Tesco neu gyferbyn a’r Co-op Heol Pontypridd @ 9.15yb i rannu ceir.

Also Tuesday 15th December at 7.15pm, come and listen to Gareth Thomas talking about his book, “A Welsh Dawn”, Cymrodorion, Vestry of the Tabernacl, King Square (down the outside steps). Free.

And…thanks, Sonia, for giving us feedback on an event arranged by Menter Bro Morgannwg. Usually, the musical events are evening gigs, but this time it was about creating music. A day’s tuition on the ukulele in Barry cost £8 and Sonia says it was well worth the enjoyable session. This was a one-off, but it was a success, so more may be arranged next year.

Nadolig Llawen i bawb

1 Like

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i bawb

Blwyddyn newydd, dechrau newydd (new year, new start) as they say…

Monday 11 January: 6.30-8.30pm ‘Nos Lun’ in the Canolfan Palmerston, Cadoc Crescent will be a family night. Visit from Y Fari Lwyd, with singing and a lecture by Dr Siwan Rosser about Y Fari Lwyd tradition. The usual Nos Lun activities will begin again next week.

Thursday 14 January: 1.30-3.30pm Cylch Siarad in the YMCA Hub, Gladstone Road. Come and use your Welsh in a relaxed atmosphere. Feel comfortable to drop in, drop out if you’re busy. Break up into groups in the cafeteria and find friends at your own level or help those just starting out.

Saturday 16 January: with Sarian in the Library 10-12 (weekly)

Monday 18 January: 6-7pm Cylch Darllen continues our weekly reading of Craciau by Bet Jones (lefel Uwch). A variety of activities between 5 and 9pm weekly include digital workshop at 5pm, and choir at 7pm. Sarian is available for help with homework or an easy game of Scrabble.

2016 got off to a flying start with a terrific squall on Barry Island on New Year’s Eve (Nos Galan). After a sunny morning, just as Karla got off the train from Cardiff to meet a group of us, the rain lashed down and the wind nearly blew everyone away. Despite that, Karla was brave enough to take the train back to Barry a couple of days later to join us with Sarian in the library.

On 5th January, we were back on the Island for the monthly Crwydro with Ruth. The sun shone and we were joined by BBC Radio Wales who were recording us for the Share Your Welsh series of programmes. Ruth is continuing with Crwydro on Barry Island on the first Tuesday of the month, but planning changes for a second series of short walks and coffee stop later in the month.

The BBC Share Your Welsh team were out in force at Foxy’s in Penarth on Thursday 7th January, and did interviews with a number of people, but as yet no information on broadcast date.

Enjoy your Welsh this month, everyone.

2 Likes

Helo bawb,

Is it really February already? If you can’t pronounce Chwefror, then Wefror is a great dialect alternative. If you can’t say Wefror, then call it ‘y mis bach’ (that’s its nickname as it’s a short month…).

Coming up…

Monday 1st February: Nos Lun, Canolfan Palmerston continues as usual with 5pm digital workshop, 6pm Cylch Darllen, 7pm Choir or Scrabble with Sarian.

Tuesday 2nd February: 10am Crwydro with Ruth, Ynys y Barri. Meet 10am outside Coffee Cove

Tuesday 2nd February: 7.30pm Merched y Wawr in the Tabernacl Vestry. Dr Ceril Rhys-Dillon is the invited speaker, I’m guessing this is the consultant rheumatologist featured on the television programme Doctor, Doctor.

Thursday 4th February: 10-11am Foxy’s Penarth for those who want an hour’s ‘sgwrs’.

Friday 5th February: Gigs Bach y Fro - Hugh Chiswell 8pm start in the Park Hotel, Park Crescent. Has anyone ordered a ticket? Let us know and we’ll try to get a good table for us.

Sunday 7th February: 2pm Ruth (Valeways) Awel Iach - Sea Breezes Walk. Three booter, meet in the clifftop car park, Penarth.

Monday 8th February - Nos Lun (as above).

Thursday 11th February - Cylch Siarad in Snax Cafe, YMCA Hub. Starts 1.30 but goes on until 3.30, so come and go as you please.
Last time was very funny… just mention Marrakesh or caravans and I’ll get the giggles!

Weekly:
Cafe Cymraeg yn y Llyfrgell with Sarian every Saturday 10 to midday.
Bear’s Head, Penarth with Nic ap Glyn, Friday mornings 10 to midday (Feb 5,12 and 26th but not 19th)
The Bear, Cowbridge, Friday mornings

Hopefully that’s enough for now… and actually it’s not yet February - it’s ‘yr unfed ar ddeg ar hugain o fis Ionawr’, but that’s fast disappearing.

Mwynhewch eich Cymraeg.

3 Likes

February into March…
Storms have been disruptive and Storm Imogen is really hitting today. It didn’t stop a lovely day with Karla on Saturday, when we went to the Caffi Cymraeg in the library in the morning, then after lunch we managed to get round St Fagans despite the rain.

Reminder - Saturday 5th March - St Fagans Trip with CACEN. Meet in the car park at 10.30am CACEN have arranged all sorts of activities for the weekend, so do check out their thread on the forum and let Mark know you’re interested.

Monthly activities:

Thursday 11th February - Cylch Siarad 1.30 - 3.30 pm in Snax Cafe, YMCA Hub, Gladstone Road, Barry. Drop in, Drop out.

Tuesday 16th February - Cymrodorion starts 7.15pm. Noson y Dysgwyr. Tabernacl Chapel Vestry, King Square (down the steps)
Once a year the Cymrodorion Society gives the programme over to ‘dysgwyr’. Carol Grant, who teaches Welsh classes, argues that there is a danger people who learn Welsh are labelled ‘dysgwyr’ for life by first-language Welsh speakers. And she doesn’t approve of that. Come and see how Gareth Thomas, Des Davies, Ruth King and I try to convince the audience there’s more to us than being ‘dysgwyr’!

Wednesday 17th February - Crwydro Rhws with Ruth (Valeways) This is a ‘special’ wander-walk trying out different days and times to try to attract those of you who would like to come, but can’t make Tuesdays. It’s usually an hour’s stroll followed by coffee. Meet at Rhoose train station at 10am.

Weekly:
Half Term week is Monday 15th February - Friday 19th February.
There will be no Nos Lun activities on Monday 15th.
Nic will not be at the Bear’s Head, Penarth on Friday 19th.
Usual weekly activities resume on Monday 22nd February.

Sarian carries on regardless of term dates at the library on Saturday mornings.

On into March…

Monthly activities

Tuesday 1st March - (Gwyl Dewi Sant)
Crwydro with Ruth 10am outside Coffee Cove, Barry Island.
Merched y Wawr Bore Coffi gyda Marian Morgan (no meeting in the evening)

Saturday 5th March - St Fagans Trip 10.30am

And by then it’s ‘Gwanwyn’ and the storms may just be over…

1 Like

A brilliant talk last night by @arianrhod and the others about becoming “cyn-ddysgwyr”! An inspiration to the rest of us, diolch!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much, you wonderful Say-Something-in-Welshers for coming to support the evening. You inspired confidence from the back rows, truly.

I’m checking this with Mared at the moment, but I think the only thing on in Palmerston on Monday night 29th February is a St David’s Day celebration. Which means no Cylch Darllen. I’ll confirm it later - it’s a couple of weeks away yet, so just advance notice.

4 Likes

Here’s the confirmation of what’s on at the Palmerston Centre next Monday, 29th February.
Do come along and enjoy the family friendly St David’s Day programme that’s been arranged:
From 6.30-8.30pm the choir will be joining the singing with Mared and Roxy. Gareth Whelan will be bringing his fiddle and acting as caller for the twmpath, so there will be dancing, plus seasonal craft-making and Welsh cakes. All the family is welcome.

5pm-6.30pm there is the gweithdy digidol as usual, but no Cylch Darllen

2 Likes