Beta test iOS app

Bingo. Ok. Yes I see it. Great!

I can download it…but then when I click on it nothing happens - does that bit work for you?

Actually I’ve just tried it on the standard lessons and the same thing happens- I have only just downloaded the beta version- so maybe something isn’t quite right.

Ok. Crash stopped it and restarted.

It’s now wooooorking!

2 Likes

Just tested it in streaming (after reading here I had to switch to North to see it!).
It works fine. I can also see the sort of “breathing dots” on the play button that seem a new thing!

2 Likes

So can something be tagged as both north and south simultaneously or will it have to go in twice/ different locations?

1 Like

Working here, streamed or downloaded. It would be nice if us Southern learners didn’t have to switch to North for the Advanced content, but perhaps the way things are set up that isn’t possible. I’m not complaining…it’s awesome to have this available in the app so I don’t have to download it to my phone separately. Thanks @lewie!

1 Like

I’ll push out a new beta shortly to work around this. The Growth Club content is also tagged Northern, and I similarly just worked around it.

3 Likes

I see. Great! :slight_smile:

As the Beta has now expired, do iOS users need to go back to using the old version of the app?

1 Like

I think we do, but tagging @lewie

Thanks, Anna. I didn’t think to tag Lewie myself.

1 Like

Oh ugh… sorry for losing track of that ;-). I’ll push out a new beta shortly. And then I think it’s probably time to just release it, eh?

5 Likes

The beta is now refreshed, so you should just be able to update it via TestFlight.

3 Likes

Thanks, Lewie. I received the Test Flight notification and updated.

Hey all - I’ve got a new beta release of the iOS app. I’m trying to sort out problems that some folks have been reporting, and I’d like to hear if the new beta helps with those problems. So, if you want to help test it:

1. Install the TestFlight app on your iDevice
  2. Click the link below, on your iDevice
2 Likes

All positive comments so far @lewie including this delighted customer who admits to being technically challenged :slight_smile: :

Just tried out the new app thing and it’s brilliant! Just played 4 old challenges back to back no problem. :0))) it also bonds much better with the car audio, significantly better and instead of struggling to hear it at max volume, 30 I can hear it fine at 10.

That’s made a world of difference.

Having trouble with the beta version that I downloaded from the App Store. It keeps freezing on challenges- was doing it intermittently then working but now completely frozen.

Any suggestions?

Diolch

If streaming is unreliable, you can always download the lesson. Go to the Levels tab and do a long-press on the challenge that you are trying to do. A small menu will pop up with the option to Download - select that. Let me know how it goes.

Having the same issue when on wi go? Just wondered why it works sometimes but not others?

Diolch

Sorry - not following! Looks like a typo :wink: