Brain is melting

Have been doing Lesson 6 Level 1 for the last week. My nemesis ! It’s coming. It takes time. Just “enjoy” it. Don’t beat yourself up about it as that’s where the trap is.

1 Like

Ha that’s where I am now, it’s slowing sinking in, just so many bods in a sentence hahaha.
I’m learning to relax and laugh at myself, though do get my moments.

Lauren, I am on Level 2 now, and am still like that! Don’t worry though, you’ll be surprised at how words and phrases gradually sink in, until you find yourself waking at night and having little conversations with yourself in Welsh. I have a dreadful memory, and still need to do sessions four or five times to get a grip! I think I’ve found it useful to go at my own pace and not worry how fast everyone else is progressing; because in my head, those that started with me are all fluent now and moving to Welsh speaking areas!! Good luck!

1 Like

I did that too. I find it easier to remember the words if I know what they look like. I guess that’s just the way my memory works!

1 Like

Hi Nicola,
That’s what I do too, write down the vocabulary and then listen to hear what they sound like!
I still don’t know how to record my sentences though and I’m on level 2 and because of family commitments I’m a little bit behind and I’ve yet to catch up.
I’m thoroughly enjoying the course though and good luck with yours.

1 Like

Very encouraging comment, which I appreciated. Diolch yn fawr