Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr) monthly meetups

Yes, for the foreseeable future!

2 Likes

Bad news - it looks like Il Panino has closed down :frowning: Weā€™ll meet at Aroma cafe (next to Barclays Bank) at 10am. Thereā€™s now a covered area at the back with big tables. See you tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

Shwmae, can you tell me when the next meeting in Bridgend will be held please. September date and place of meeting would be great. Diolch Alan Owen 21/08/2021

Hi, the next meeting is on 11th September at 10am. If Il Panino is open, weā€™ll meet there. If not, weā€™ll be at Aroma outside at the back. Hope to see you then :slight_smile:

Hi all, good news - Il Panino is open. See you there tomorrow at 10 :grin:

1 Like

Excellent news - Il Panino will be open upstairs on Saturday (I checked today). So see you 10am :grin:

1 Like

Donā€™t the months whizz by! Meet up 10am on Saturday at the usual place

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m visiting Wales next week so will miss the second Saturday in December. Do you know of other meet-ups nearby where I can try out my Welsh on real people? Iā€™ll be staying in Cowbridge and Bridgend and Cardiff are about my limitā€¦ Any suggestions welcome x

1 Like

Hi Kitschā€¦I think there is a meeting on Sat in Bridgend and Mon in Cardiff. If any good let me know and Iā€™ll double check and get details. As always, open to all levels from zero to hero

Yes, in Bridgend we meet the second Saturday of the month. Thereā€™s a group that meets every Friday afternoon - 1:30pm at the leisure centre to go for a walk. This is organised by Menter Bro Ogwr.

Thanks very much, Iā€™ll look up where that is. Not sure of my plans each day yet so will try to work in some Welsh speaking where I can!

Have you noticed thereā€™s another meetup in your area? Iā€™ve just spotted the announcement here on the forum: Cyfarfod Penybont - Bridgend meet up

Yes thank you Deborah, I had seen it.
Thanks for letting me know

Hi all, looks like Il Panino is takeaway only so weā€™ll be meeting at Aroma (next to Barclays) at 10am tomorrow. Hope to see you there :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ

1 Like

So there is a meeting tomorrow the 11th? May I come?

Yes they are meeting today at 10 am in Aroma Cafe.

Iā€™m late in getting up as I did not sleep well last night. Itā€™s too late for me to come this month. I hope to come next month.

Do you always meet on the second Saturday of the month?

Yes, itā€™ll either be at Il Panino or Aroma. Hope to see you then :grin:

So the meet will be on the 8th at 10 am?

Yes, sorry Iā€™ve only just seen your message :woman_facepalming: