SSi Forum

Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr) monthly meetups

So is that every week? And is it a learners grwp? @carin-harris

As far as I know, I’ve been once, very friendly ladies (4) plus me Sandy and Kelvin. Might go tomorrow if I have time as I have the dentist

Hi Will there be a meeting in Bridgend this Saturday (14th)? Decided it is time I picked up the courage to try and use what I have been learning. Many thanks Heather

I believe it’s the 1st Sat of the month for the Bridgend meetings, upstairs in Il Panino 10am

We are meeting this Saturday 14th September. We meet the second Saturday every month upstairs at Il Panino 10am. The more the merrier!

Looking forward to it, see you then. Thank you

Oops Sorry I thought it was the 1st Sat. Apologies all

I’ve found a calendar with various meet ups. There’s a few about, Saimsburys in Bridgend, Tondu Wesley Church, Parc Slip. Wow, I’m hoping I should manage to go to one eventually if work allows. From learnwelsh.cymru

Wow that’s great. Thanks for sharing. Also Port Talbot tomorrow Aberafon Beach Hotel 6.30pm and every fortnight after that

Jen - thank you for sharing…I didn’t know about the Maesteg Library meeting so I went along this morning and it was great! They are reading through a book, so taking in turns to read out loud helping each other with pronunciation, and then going back and helping each other with the understanding. Its perfect for all learning levels I think.

That’s great! I was trying to find the closest one to me as I don’t drive. Aberkenfig is probably the closest I just need time off work and the nerve to go to one now :slight_smile:

Hi, just a reminder that the group will be meeting this coming Saturday (12th) 10am upstairs at Il Panino. Neither myself nor my husband are able to be there but others will. Have a good one!

Sorry but I won’t be able to make this one as I’ll not get back from holidays in time. I hope to see you all next month. Heather

Have a great time! We can compare holidays at the meeting in November.

Generally struggle with Saturdays, work or my one true love (Cardiff City) gets in the way.

Is anyone aware of anything weekday evenings in Bridgend.

I live in Coity but happy to travel of course :slight_smile:

Look up the page a bit to see Jen’s link, we have a meet every other Wed evening in Port Talbot. Check out the Port Talbot learners thread on the forum too and The Port Talbot group on Welsh Speaking Practice

Diolch Carin :slight_smile:

@gwylan this is the link I was telling you about

Just a reminder that we’re meeting as usual on Saturday 10am upstairs at Il Panino.

Yes I’ll be going. See you there