*Sold out* Bwtcamp 23-30 June 2018!

Hi Iestyn sorry for the late reply. Cardiff break up on the 24th but we have been doing extra inset sessions so I break up on the 20th so that would be brilliant for me. I was planning to do a week’s canolradd cwrs at Coleg Gwent but bwtcamp would be much better for me.

Colin

2 Likes

Hi Iestyn, if I can change my annual leave from the week before, would there be room for me on the June bwtcamp?

We’re still only taking expressions of interest for the June bwtcamp @aliC so still room for you.

If Iestyn decides there are enough people interested for it to be viable, he’ll post here when the bookings will open. I’ll announce it in the weekly email as well, so you’ll get some warning.

2 Likes

Thank you Dee. :+1:t2:

Hi, I would also be interested in attending the June Bwtcamp.

That’s great. As soon as we’re booked here, I’ll start asking about July (It’ll be after April bwtcamp, so beginning of May sometime).

It would be great to see you there, and you’re right - if it’s speaking practice you’re after, you won’t beat a bwtcamp!

1 Like

Bore da June (potential) bwtcampers!

I am going to open booking for June on Friday 20th April, at 21:00 (9pm). I’ll put the bookling reference on this thread, so it will be easy to find. @Deborah-SSi

Looking forward to it already!

Edited to add:

The cost of Bwtcamp is £349, made up of £282.50+VAT (-£339) plus the £10 booking fee.

Iestyn

4 Likes

Mae diddordeb gyda fi hefyd. Mae bwtcamp yn briodol am pa lefel o’r Gymraeg?

… Dw I wedi ei weld. SSiW introductory course

1 Like

I think as long as the potential participant has completed level 1. They are good to go on bootcamp.

3 Likes

Diolch @Conor92! I can confirm that - if you’ve finished course or level 1, then you have enough Welsh for bwtcamp.

In fact, the “requirement” is the ability to be a bit lost, a bit frustrated and sometimes a tiny bit overwhelmed, and still enjoy yourself, so the level 1 requirement is there to make sure that the majority have enough Welsh to avoid the worst of the frustration. Happy-go-lucky people who don’t give a monkey’s can get away with less. On the other hand, people who are in the habit of speaking accurately, or who often need to be careful of how other people see them, sometimes struggle even when they have more Welsh than that.

I’m happy to discuss further if you want, but “level 1” is a pretty good rule of thumb.

2 Likes

For those already watching - I’m here ready to push the button. 5 more minutes…

1 Like

Booking is now open.

Click here to secure your place! https://bookwhen.com/ssiw

1 Like

I have booked and paid. However there was a problem with the Title field: the system locked on my wife’s name for this field and would not allow me to change to “Mr”! My name is Mathew, not Tanya!

I noticed that, Mathew - I wonder what happened there.

Never mind - you’re in, and you get to choose whether to be Mathew or Tanya when you arrive.

Bargain!

2 Likes

Update

Placed are filling up. Not as fast as they did in April (which sold out in 10 minutes!), but still:

5 places are gone, and someone has booked the 6th, but not yet paid. Warning: If you haven’t paid when the course is otherwise full, and someone else comes and does pay, you lose your place.

So make sure to secure your place as soon as possible!

I will be on the April bwtcamp this week, so I won’t be sending confirmation / receipt emails; until next week. If anyone’s not sure whether they’ve booked, then ask here, and someone will be able to help!

I’m interested, just need to make sure I can come…

1 Like

Wey hey. Booked on to the June bwtcamp gyda day ffrind i. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have just returned from the April bwtcamp and have to say it was fantastic. After years of trying I can confidently say I am a Welshspeaker. My Welsh is far from perfect but it’s no longer spinning around in my head. I can chat confidently with complete strangers.
I also made some wonderful friends who I will be speaking welsh with for the rest of my life.
If you choose to go to bwtcamp my advice would be to just trust the system. It’s not complex but very clever. Go with the flow and by the end of the week you will be amazed.
Besides speaking a new language it’s also a lovely holiday in a great setting.
Enjoy.
Wish I could go back but sadly they did such a good job I don’t have to.
Shwt mae, shwt i chi, HELO.

8 Likes

I think that is the highest praise a Bwtcamp, and the bwtcampers - can have. Diolch Mackie! To say I’m proud of April’s bwtcampers doesn’t begin to describe how I feel. What a group!

So - two places left in June! Who’s coming for them?

5 Likes