Bwtcamp Therapy Weekend: July 20 - 24 Booking now open!

Love the idea idea of this @Iestyn , but didn’t spot it soon enough, and I probably already had conflicting dates in my diary anyway; definitely do now.

But if you ever do this again, please consider me “interested”. Diolch yn fawr.

Booked, I’m staying 3 nights. Walk sounds great. Food sounds great.
I arrive 6pm Friday or late Friday or Saturday morning :slight_smile:
Also would be potentially interested in a lift is anyone’s passing, like @Hishiv I’m in Cardiff…

3 Likes

Oo @PhilgJones where would it be possible to pick up from, would you be swinging by Cardiff and if so what days/rough times? Ta!

@Iestyn, if I’m the only veggie, I can bring something from my freezer for Fri evening, and we can just cook one meal. Anything else you need us to bring, apart from bottles (e.g.breakfast stuff?)

• and what else should we bring (as someone who’s not been to Tresaith before) - bedding, for example?

Hi Sylv, I am driving over from Bristol so could drop by. Give me a call or txt 1st on 07914083959 and we can hopefully make plans.

1 Like

Yes, there are bunk beds in the dorms with pillows. So bring a pillowcase and single sheets or duvet/sleeping bag and a towel. And maybe a torch (although it hardly seems to get dark right now).

Thanks Bronwen :slight_smile:

I’m booked.
Omnivore, except chocolate/cocoa

May have new supplies of Welsh honey harvested. It’s raw and wonderful. If it doesn’t cure all know ills, you certainly feel better after tasting it.

:wink:

3 Likes

Keep a honey for me please John. :+1:t2:

I’ll buy some too :slight_smile:

Hi @PhilgJones, are you driving up on Friday? If you’ve got space for one more, I live fairly close to @Sylv.

@Iestyn Can you let me know what I need to bring apart from bedding and a towel? I haven’t been to Tresaith before. Is there parking nearby? Should we bring breakfast stuff? Coffee/Tea?

I’m just sending out an email now, Amanda.

Hi, I should be OK for that, I haven’t fixed up any times as yet with Sylvie nor pick up points. Where do you live?. Perhaps you could txt me, and we can either txt or speak later.

Email sent.

Quick ideas:

1. Evening Meal on Friday - we could produce a pasta Bolognese, or you could all bring Pizzas. There’s a huge oven, so we can cook a lot of Pizzas at the same time (it may still take 2 shifts, but that should be fine - I’m guessing people will share anyway! Does anyone object to either idea? Does anyone have a preference?

2. Does anyone fancy a chapel service on Sunday? I know Glynarthen have a service most Sunday mornings (Huw and I both had families from Glynarthen). I could make enquiries.

3. I will have two guitars at Tresaith, and possibly a Ukelele. Any additional instruments will be welcomed!

4. What are people interested in seeing or doing? I haven’t finalised any activities yet (I’m waiting for an interesting one to answer at the moment!).

Let me know!

Iestyn

2 Likes

Don’t mind but no yoga this time! I was thinking of bringing acrylic paints for paint rocks in case of rain (yes it is a thing - you hide them for people to find and photograph) - haven’t done it before but could be fun - you can watch paint dry!

2 Likes

Hi, I have just booked! My current plan is to come on Friday and leave early on Monday, although I may go back to my mum’s in Cardiff on Sunday night, not sure yet.

Happy with either option for Friday dinner - pizzas sounds like it might be less work for you Iestyn and I can easily bring some. I’m also easy going about what we do - probably I’d prefer not to do anything that involved spending much time in a car, but if others want to do a longer trip that’s fine and I’d either change my mind or chill in Tresaith with a book (yn Gymraeg!). I like the sound of painting pebbles and I’d like to do some walking if there’s time. I might go to chapel if others were going.

Looking forward to catching up with those I’ve met before and meeting the rest of you!

1 Like

Pizza idea sounds good as no one has to prepare a meal Friday night.
Happy to go to a church service in Welsh as not been to one before.
Activity wise I Enjoyed painting crockery last time but probably not practical as they need time to be fired so I’m easy.

Hi @Iestyn,

Should I have received this email?