Bwtcamp Therapy Weekend: July 20 - 24 Booking now open!

… and I will mainly be there on Sunday, and as much of Monday as I can manage, and am very happy to join in with anything else that people do, as long as there’s some time to say hi to the sea (mae’n bell i’r mor, o ganol o Loegr …).

I can bring another guitar, maybe some bits of percussion if music-making is likely, a couple of song-books in Cymraeg with chords …

1 Like

I’ve just joined a Cor Meibion… so I may have some music… for men, or women with deep voices.

1 Like

1) Evening Meal on Friday -
I’ll bring a bought pizza (not veggie I’m afraid) along with some toppings NOT including pineapple (achafi)
2) Does anyone fancy a chapel service on Sunday? I know Glynarthen have a service most Sunday mornings (Huw and I both had families from Glynarthen). I could make enquiries
Yes, I’d be interested. I’m a paradoxical atheist in that I love sacred music and religious buildings but don’t actually believe in God(s). The Glynarthen connection is particularly attractive.if it helps to establish that Iestyn and I are distant cousins. :smile:
3) I will have two guitars at Tresaith, and possibly a Ukelele. Any additional instruments will be welcomed
I bought a mandolin from my brother, recently. I shall bring it even though I can’t play it.
4) What are people interested in seeing or doing? I haven’t finalised any activities yet (I’m waiting for an interesting one to answer at the moment!).
I’m easy to please, but could live without stoppimg people in the street and asking them what their favourite restaurant is :laughing:

1 Like

Assuming that mintonman = Mark (It would be a huge coincidence if not!), you should have had the email to the gmail address you booked with. I sent it to myself with everyone as BCC’s, so it may have fallen foul of a spam filter as it may look as though I’m bulk mailing thousands of people.

Basically, bring bedding (the beds have a mattress and a pillow), clothes for beach, desert, mis summer, mid winter etc, and anything that other people will find fun or interesting.

It looks like we’re dfoing Pizza Friday night, so anyone who’s arriving Friday, bring Pizza!

As to activities, I won’t book anything, but I’ll have a list of ideas and we can browse through them and see what people fancy. One thing I thought of was going up to the Honey Farm. They don;t speak Welsh there, but as we have an expert with us, we could all learn a bit about honey, with me filling in any missing vocabulary. It’s only just up the road near Cei Newydd, which by coincidence has an absolutely awesome ice-cream shop, and a number of chippies. It won’t be very Welsh at this time of year, but that will avoid the temptation to give you questionnaires (Huw!)…

Would you be up for that @johndray?

4 Likes

Found the welcome letter in my spam! Many thanks :slight_smile:

Honey farm sounds fun.

I didn’t get the email as I think I booked after you sent it, so if there’s anything I don’t know from this thread could you forward it?

Thanks!

Kate

It’s worth checking your junk mail. @mintonman and I found Iestyn’s e-mail there. :smile:

If you go to the Captain’s Rendezvous - everyone in there speaks Welsh.

It’s not the best chip shop in Ceinewydd I’ll admit, but it is the Welshest speaking… :smiley:

I am also in a (very tiny) Cor Meibion (Cor Cymraeg Coventry), so will also bring some sheet music …The top tenor parts don’t need very deep voices at all, i ddweud y gwir …

2 Likes

I’m a bottom bass but can stretch to baritone in tight trousers. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m in Cor Meibion Mynydd Mawr (Tumbl)

1 Like

I’m a baritone, so that’s two parts covered… :slight_smile:

@johndray?

1 Like

I’m up for singing, I’m an alto with loose trousers.

1 Like

Thanks for a lovely weekend everyone and thanks @Iestyn for organising :+1:

8 Likes

Yes, it was a lovely weekend and very therapeutic. The group was very relaxed and supportive and everyone was well equipped and committed to conversing (and singing) in nothing but Welsh. @Iestyn deserves credit for a great idea well worth repeating. He and Cat deserve thanks for their hard work and careful organisation.
Diolch o galon i chi gyd chyfeillion. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Lovely to see old friends and make new. Diolch Iestyn Cat a theulu.

6 Likes

Be ddwedodd nhw! A diolch i bawb am croeso hyfryd i’r siaradwr gog 'ma, ac i lawer o hwyl :slight_smile:

Diolch yn arbennig i Iestyn, Cat a theulu - and I agree this would be well worth repeating!

How much work was it to organise, @Iestyn, compared to a regular bootcamp? Can we do them every weekend? :slight_smile:

Last year a few experienced bwtcampwyr self-organised a “bwtcamp-dim-bwtcamp” in a cottage on the Pen Llyn for ourselves, and I imagine other previous bwtcampwyr must have done the same or similar in the past - I wonder if we could gather tips for running one’s own bwtcamp (perhaps only for those who had already had the full on “bwtcamp go iawn” experience) and encourage local groups to try day-long events or weekends in a member’s house, or other cheap and cheerful ways to give more frequent opportunities for full-on immersion in Welsh to the steadily increasing numbers of experienced SSIWers …

8 Likes

Yes, it was a great weekend in Tresaith. Diolch i pawb. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fab idea. @Hishiv @Macky @Y_Ddraig_Las and I were chatting at Tafwyl about perhaps doing a mini Cardiff bwtcamp-dim-bwtcamp.
We could frequent the welsh cafes, speaking groups, go on a walk, treasure hunt perhaps :blush:
Perhaps something for the autumn/winter…

8 Likes