SSi Forum

CACEN Meetup South East England

Hi Emma

What a shame! You’re always welcome at CACEN if you’re in the area on any other weekend that we’re meeting. There are also Monday evening meet ups in a Brighton pub, every week. Mark for information!

Hywl am nawr, Rhiannon

Hi Rhiannon,

I wont be able to do Monday nights but I certainly hope to join you on one of your weekend meetups.

Emma

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda Pawb

Yes, it’s the start of another year.

As always, the Cacen group (Cylch Alltud Cymraeg enfys yn Ne lloegr - yes, it’s stretching a point) will be meeting monthly at each others’ houses and we now have the schedule for the first few sessions of 2020. For those interested, we also meet up weekly at a pub in Brighton. For details of weekly or montly meetups, please PM me with your email address and i will send you location details.

Here we go:
January 11 Hove

Feb 8 Havant

March 14 Chichester

April 5 Alfriston East Sussex - Get together sometime afternoon, have session, eat in pub followed by Calan gig evening - don’t forget to book your tickets if you want to join us (http://spyboy.co.uk/) and let me know if you want me to include you at the pub (which we have not yet selected)

May 9 Uckfield/Crowborough

June 13 East Grinstead

July 11 - Portsmouth

For those who don’t know, the emphasis is on hwyl no matter where you are on the language learning continuum you may be. (Except for the Alfriston meetup) bring a plate for a shared lunch. Start time is 1:00 finish around 4:00

We usually have a ‘show and tell’ so we can impart our own news since last meetup, and then put something together on a theme so we can exercise our tongues. Preferably not reading from notes, but prompts are ok. the point is to be abe to think on our feet with the vocabulary we already know. So, no harm in working out what you want to say beforehand and learning those specific words - it will give context, meaning and point to learning new vocabulary.

Being a new year and this time more than most, carries all our hopes for a better future, the theme is: My hope(s) for the new year and the decade ahead. And of course why. Can be short or can be (not too) long. Can be spoken word, song, poem, the floor is yours.

If you’re new and shy, you have the right to remain silent, but we hope you will enjoy nevertheless.

Hwyl am y tro

Mark

Hoping to make some of these gatherings!!

Prynhawd da!

Just a quick note to let all SSiW meet-up group organisers and coordinators, know that I have taken responsibility for the weekly email over from Deborah. So if you have any updated information about the group you’re responsible for, please let me know and I’ll ensure the correct info goes in the email. Diolch! :slight_smile: