Calling all SSiW meet-up/chat group organisers and coordinators

Our group in Llanidloes now meet every Monday evening in the Great Oak Bookshop on Great Oak Street at 7.30pm to 9pm. We read some simple Welsh children’s stories, poems and well-known songs. Entry is free, bring cake or biscuits to share if you wish.

1 Like

Fabulous! Diolch for the info! :slight_smile:

Bore da everyone!

Just a reminder that the email will be completed this afternoon and will be sent out tomorrow morning, so any changes to the meet-ups info need to be flagged up by late this afternoon at the latest. Diolch! :smiley:

Can anyone please help with this listing in the meet-ups list? One of our SSiWers turned up last week, only to find that Home Café is closed. Does anyone know Diana, the organiser of this meet-up? Diolch! :slight_smile:

Is this instead of the monthly meet? Diolch! :slight_smile:

The Aber CYD info might be 6 years old. I posted a response on the basis of an internet search back in 2014 to an enquiry about meetings in Aber. The contact person was then given as jaci Taylor at the university’s Welsh for Adult’s section. Deborah added the name of Diana as a contact. I don’t know if Jaci is still involved though.

I’ve just had a phone chatwith Carys Jones at the Welsh for Adults Centre who felt that CYD was no longer active in Aber. She referred to Cor Cyd run by Felicity Roberts and Phyl Brake the local coordinator who may know more.

Although my phone call was in Welsh, I have no confidence in contacting them in writing so I’ve chickened out and sent you their e-mails privately.

In the meantime, I suggest you remove that Aber CYD entry.

Many years ago I attended courses given by Jaci, Felicity and Phyl (a fellow Ebbw Vale boyo)

1 Like

You are an absolute star @HuwJones! Diolch o waelod calon for this information. I shall update as suggested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it is instead of the monthly meetings. Also the start time is 7.30pm not 7pm as written in the latest email. Diolch yb Fawr, You’re doing a great job.

Noted, thank you and sorry for the mix up with the time. :wink:

Prynhawn da bawb!

I have updated the above list this morning with all new information. Please feel free to send me a message if you find any mistakes or incorrect information. Diolch! :slight_smile:

It’s that time of the week again!

I’m just putting the finer details of the weekly email together to go out tomorrow morning. Any amendments to any meet-up arrangements/any mistakes or typos spotted in the above list (first message), then please let me know before this evening and I shall make the necessary changes, Diolch bawb! :wink:

Thanks for explaining / pointing out the pun - I was getting irritated with the typo/pronunciation error! :grinning::+1:t3:

Hello,

The Newport chat group is a weekly group. It’s co-ordinated by myself but we have four different groups that take it in turns to ensure that it is a weekly occurrence for the Welsh learners and fluent speakers of Newport.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @jacob-4! Thank you so much for providing me with some additional info. Below is a copy of the current info I have on the Newport group and it is listed as monthly, would you like me to put all the info below in the weekly listings? Is the time and location always the same? Diolch! :slight_smile:

Casnewydd - 2nd Sat of the month, 10am to 12.00pm, Newport Central Library, third floor café area, John Frost Square, Newport NP20 1PA (contact jacob-4)

Yes, if you could please put it in the weekly listing that would be great, thank you very much.

All the information is correct regarding location and time.

Diolch o galon

1 Like

Fabulous! Diolch. :slight_smile:

Hi @CatrinLliarJones. The next meeting of the Bucks/Herts group of Welsh learners will be on Monday 24 Feb at midday in Roots cafe, Chesham, Bucks. Please can you include that in the next newsletter? Thank you.

2 Likes

ooh ! Just happens to be the same day as, but different time to, @neil-pyper ‘s WSP Clwb Darleen debut…:heart_eyes::sunglasses::grin:

@MarcusWhitfield tried to direct message you on slack before the meeting on 12th but no answer. Sorry i missed it although the weather was bad and i was a bit worried about trains. What is the best way to make contact with you in future re the meet-up please?

Hi Probably a little late but the next london date at St Pancras is this Sunday the 16th Feb at 12.15 in Pret A Manger. Next month is going to be a Saturday Instead 7th March 12.15

1 Like