Calling all SSiW meet-up/chat group organisers and coordinators

Shwmae @CatrinLliarJones

Just wanted to ask would it be possible to add 2 events to the monthly meet up please? (When you update the list next) Here is the info:

Clwb Brecwast Y Fenni / Abergavenny Breakfast Club - Meet in the Trading Post (1st floor) 9am - 10:30am. We will meet on the 2nd Saturday of every Month

Clwb Brecwast Cas-gwent / Chepstow Breakfast Club - Meet in the Lime Tree Pub. Table usually round to the back of the pub. (Ask for Welsh Group by the bar). 10:30am - 12:00pm . Meet on the 4th Saturday of the Month

More information, welcome to contact me joshua@menterbgtm.cymru

Diolch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dim problem o gwbl! Will add them to next week’s email! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have found our present meeting place in Leeds to be increasingly noisy and are considering moving to a different venue. Could you put a note on the Leeds meet-up to say that on March 14th we will meet in the bar of the Queen’s Hotel, please? The Queen’s Hotel is at the end of the railway station building opposite the statue of the Black Prince across the road.
If people are happier there we will probably decide to meet there instead in future.
Thank you
Raymond

Good morning all!

Sorry for my absence, I was on a course all of last week with no internet connection in the evenings, so was unable to be on the forum. I shall me working my way through all your updates today ready for the weekly email tomorrow morning. Any new info you think I may need, then please let me know. Diolch for your input and your patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @joshua-menter-bgtm! Is this the same meeting that already exists in the listing above? Or a different one? Here’s how it appears…

Cas-Gwent (Chepstow) - 4th Sat of the month, 10.30am to 12.00pm, The Lime Tree, Chepstow (contact nic)

Diolch! :slight_smile:

Shwmae @CatrinLliarJones

Must have missed that! Ye it’s the same one, happy to keep the info as it is.

Diolch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bore da everyone!

I’m working on the weekly email as usual today, so if there are any changes or updates that you would like me to include, then please let me know this afternoon at the latest, diolch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checking in with the following meet-up listings and organisers, if anyone has any additional info on the following, I would be ever so grateful, Diolch!

Does anyone attend this meet-up and can confirm it’s still active? Or know @diana? Diolch!

Just wanted to check if this is still on hold @karynyeeking?

Does anyone attend this meet-up and can confirm it’s still active? Or know Aled James? Diolch!

Bore da @Catriona! I seem to have the time for this meet-up but no date. Is it the same time every month? Diolch!

Is this still on hold @maynard? Diolch!

Hi @ji_1! I have this meet-up down as fortnightly, but not which day unfortunately. Could you fill me in with the correct info for the email, please? Diolch!

1 Like

Hi Catrin,

We meet in the Upper Cock PH at 7pm fortnightly on a thursday evening and our next meet will be on the 12th of March. We generally stay there until about 9pm and food is available (and very good) if required.

Not sure what will happen with this pop virus but if we need to we might try and arrange a regular skype session to keep the cconversations going.

j

1 Like

Diolch @ji_1!

Bore da everyone! Just a reminder that I’m writing the email today, so any alterations to the meet-up list above, need to reach me before the end of the afternoon, diolch! :slight_smile:

Hi Catrin,
We have decided to cancel the Cheltenham/Gloucester meeting, which was due on Wednesday 11th, because the Cheltenham races will mean that all the pubs are packed out.
Cofion
Nic Gilbert

1 Like

Helo Catrin
Just a very small change to SSiW Oxford’s Wednesday meetup details as ‘Welsh Mike’ has now sadly sold Cafe Bap :sob: . We’ll be continuing to meet up there under the new owners though so for Wednesday (no changes to Friday meeups) the newsletter should now read:

Oxford (Rhydychen) - Weds, 10.30am, Café Bap, Abingdon Rd, OX1 4PE (Contact johnwilliams_6)

Diolch, John

1 Like

Ffab, diolch John! So sorry Mike is leaving though. x

1 Like

Sorry to post on another thread but don’t want anyone to miss

All Menter Iaith BGTM Sessions have been suspended until further notice. A full statement can be viewed here English: http://www.menterbgtm.cymru/latest-news
Cymraeg: http://www.menterbgtm.cymru/newyddion-diweddaraf

Diolch

1 Like

Siarad Shotton meets via zoom at the moment.
Something totally different. Would it be possible for someone who knows Gareth King to encourage him to produce an audio version of his examples… his latest book, The Mechanics of welsh, is fantastic and would be even more useful if I was able to practice his examples SSIW style while walking the dog. The same is true for the workbook with Cymraeg Da byHeini Gruffudd.
ta rich P

2 Likes

@garethrking is a member of this forum Richard, so you may want to have a chat to him directly?

Though whether he would have the time to produce audio files or not is another matter - having had to get to grips with this kind of thing in the past, I can honestly say that it’s quite a mammoth task. If you want to get in touch with Heini Gruffudd, I’d suggest emailing or calling Y Lolfa, publishers. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

thanks for that. I’m not sure I would want to ask him / them directly, but it is something that would be a very handy next step for an “advanced learner”… cheers rich P

Trying to start something up in Kent at the moment. 11 people have joined the Facebook group.