Can’t login on iPhone

I have been getting a “subscribe for premium content “ message but, as 8 am a subscriber I assumed it was a glitch and ignored it. I got it again today so I clicked on subscribe only to be told I was already a subscriber. I tried on the iPhone again and no joy, and it won’t let me log in. I tried resetting my password and it still won’t let me log in, please help! I want to practice and it’s Monday tomorrow! Regards Tony

Hi Tony,

Try downloading the challenge you are working on - see this answer here.

Rich :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, Rich, but I couldn’t log in at all, so I couldn’t download the lesson as not logging in only allows access to Level One, or the old course. I had to resort to deleting the app, re-booting the 'phone and reinstalling the app, fortunately that worked.

regards,

Tony

I have this often (especially when I’m out and about). Normally just re-start the app and its done.

I use iPhone XS Max

Hi Tony,

Yes it is possible to get in a bit of a hole with it, and then - any way out is a good way out - as you have done. :+1:

I have have been through quite a few permutations and combinations and currently I have not seen the subscribe message when the message which the App is pointing at, is downloaded.

The request to subscribe is spurious - you can say ‘No Thanks’ which cancels out of it when first encountered, allowing you to download the challenge…but as per above if you don’t it can go downhill.

I’d be interested if you get asked to subscribe when this isn’t the case.

Thanks

I have an XR, but it wouldn’t run on my iPad either. It did run on the pc though.

1 Like

Hi Neil,

It is interesting because I think the relative speed of the technologies involved in a persons situation has a role in making the problem worse - or better - Lewie who wrote the App and is in the states has never experienced it!

I have an iPhone 7 and restarting the App once the problem is encountered has very little effect. Very quickly if not immediately it happens again.

I’d be interested if you get the subscribe message when the challenge is downloaded, as so far this appears a sold ‘fix’ (apart from if the situation has gone downhill after several problems and the device is in a knot)

Thanks

I have done the no thanks thing a few times, but today it refused to let me access anything beyond Level One.

1 Like

Yes you can find yourself logged out…and the ‘no thanks’ doesn’t work on its own - it just allows you the opportunity to download the challenge.

…I’d be really interested if you when you are back on an even keel, you go to the Challenges screen, hold your finger until you get the pop up and download it…and maybe the next couple…whether the issue goes away. ( I believe it will…if not there is another problem as well).

(And on your iPad!)

Thanks

Rich

I’ll download a challenge for tomorrow in the car and let you know :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you. :+1:

Now it’s up and running again I have downloaded about four challenges with no problem.

1 Like

Great. So let’s see if the subscribe problem goes away.

Thanks

Worked perfect no issues Did a downloaded challenge on the way and on the way home from work and all good.
In my eyes its fixed :blush:

1 Like

That’s good news Neil, thanks for letting me know.

So far this seems to have got around the fault in all of the questions that have been raised so far - and it has become quite a common question/ problem raised.

So there is something about the streaming of the lesson - which seems to have performance problems in some situations too - which causes the non-genuine Subscribe request.

This is a tough one for @lewie to solve as he doesn’t experience the problem at all!

But…at least we do seem to have a workaround.

Same again today. North and South, standard and premium content all good.
I’ve now only dowloaded the challenge I’m working on and deleted the rest.
Happy days, cheers for your help.

1 Like