Can we get a group set up in Northampton?

I had one reply from a gentleman who left a message on my phone to say he had no association with anything Welsh and did not know how his name got on to the SSIW website. I am now following a link to some probable Welsh speakers in Desborough - will follow this up and report on any results.

How peculiar - could you let us know who it was (via private message if youā€™d prefer) so that we can make sure that his details are fully removed from the site? :slight_smile:

Have you tried using the Amikumu app to see if you can find any Welsh speakers in the area? I know a recent participant in a 5-day intensive course who lives in Northampton uses it, and heā€™s keen to speak with others. He doesnā€™t seem to be here on the forum though.

2 Likes

Thanks Dee i will have a look at that

Did this ever get off the ground?

Did this idea ever get off the ground?

Thereā€™s nothing happening in Northampton yet that I know of, but I can put a note in Tuesdayā€™s newsletter if you like and see if thereā€™s anyone interested now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Dee. Yes that would be great, diolch

1 Like

Hiya, unfortunately not. Also hoping there is a bit more interest also

1 Like

Iā€™m writing the newsletter right now, so croesi bysedd - fingers crossed!

1 Like

Iā€™m not in Northampton, but am close (MK). Iā€™d be interested depending on when and where.

Some of the Coventry/Rugby group might be interested - Coventry isnā€™t a million miles away! @TrevorJones2 @mintonman @david-davies @lornarhodes

1 Like

It is if you travel by London Northwestern!!

1 Like

I live about 40 mins away from Northampton by car (Southam) so would love to hear how this develops. Saturdays would be best for me and Iā€™m afraid Iā€™d probably be a part timer (seem to spend a lot of time as Dadā€™s taxi service at the moment!)

1 Like

Incidentally @Leeharper1 @aaltinaharminawalker from our experience in the Coventry group, if there are still two of you I would still recommend going ahead with the meetups. We had two people for a long time and it was actually very helpful because you then get one-to-one conversation practice for the whole session and you canā€™t switch off. Once it got about that there was a regular meeting, new people started to come. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True any chance to practice with somebody else has to be good thing

1 Like

Dear Northampton learners, Have you seen Glynn Hughesā€™s forum thread?

https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/any-learners-in-northants

Glynn and I are meeting up on the 13th August down my way (Harlington, Beds) for a walk followed by the village pub, but our next meet up with by Northamptonshire. Youā€™re welcome to join us on 13th if you fancy it.

1 Like

If you ever arrange something for North Northamptonshire please let me know. Iā€™m Leicester based, so Beds is probably a bit too far for me

1 Like

Jan, Is there still a group that meets in MK?

Glynn from Northamptonshire and I met in MK and have posted a link to the details of our next meet up below.

Dunstable is a bit too far away for me (I am 83 now) but if a group were started in Northampton I would definitely be interested in joining.

1 Like