Can we get a group set up in Northampton?

Here is some more information about the Welsh walk that @rhiannon-meades mentioned:

Join us for an afternoon walk from Harlington to Sharpenhoe Clappers (c. 5.5 miles) while practising our Welsh followed by drinks and food at The Carpenters Arms in Harlington.

Taith Cerdded Harlington i Sharpenhoe Clappers (c. 5.5milltir) a wedyn The Carpenters Arms. Meet at the Harlington Village Car Park (opposite the Carpenters Arms) Sundon Road, Harlington, Dunstable, LU5 6LS.

1pm Saturday 13th August

See this other thread as well: Any learners in Northants?

Hi Rhiannon,
I no longer live in Milton Keynes, but sometimes join in with the MK Cylch Siarad group that now meets online via Zoom on the first Thursday of every month. Ann Jones now runs the group. You can can contact her via the MK Cylch Siarad link on this Forum, or by email: ann.jones@open.ac.uk There will be a meeting next Thursday 4th August. Thanks for the info re the walk in Harlington on the 13th. I will contact Ann myself and let her know about this and about your enquiry. Cofion cynnes, Jan

1 Like

Great stuff! Glynn and I have met previously at the MK Biergarten in Wolverton to practice our Welsh. Itā€™s really easy for both of us to get to MK, me from the South and Glynn from the North. If thereā€™s a group already existing that we can tap into thatā€™s great. Iā€™ll email Ann too. xxxxx

Iā€™m in Leicester - if thereā€™s a Midlands group, Iā€™d be interested!

Hi Chris, Iā€™m also in Leicester. There used to be a few other learners about this way but Iā€™m not sure who is still around. If anything gets a bit closer this way Iā€™d also be interested

1 Like

Iā€™m in Northampton - donā€™t know anyone else around here. There used to be a small group of learners in Milton Keynes but I lost contact with them some time ago.

Hi Charlie - brilliant! Hope this thread gets some more responses, and maybe something can happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bore da, pawb.
I am not sure if this group has started or not. I live in Moulton just north of Northampton and would love the chance to meet with other Welsh speakers/ learners. Coming towards the end of challenge 2 SSIW googled at the moment and really need speaking practice. Luckily I work from home so am generally available anytime.
Hwyl
Glynn

1 Like

Sori, thatā€™s gogledd not googledšŸ¤«

Iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed but if you ever fancy a Welsh chat in Leicester itself let me know

1 Like

Well hopefully something gets organised. If not we could all always meet up somewhere like Market Harborough being roughly halfway

1 Like

Sounds like a plan, but I should warn you my Welsh is still basic. Iā€™m on week 15 (Challenge 14) of level 1. I can string some sentences together, but still struggle to understand spoken responses :slight_smile:

Thats no problem, Iā€™ve definitely still plenty to learn myself and all practice is useful! Plus I bet youā€™ve got more you can say than you realise already!
If you fancied meeting up at some point, currently weekday evenings are easiest for me but other than that I am generally flexible. Iā€™ll post something on the old Leicester meet topic as well in case theres anyone else around

Hi Glynn - I live in Whitehills Northampton so not far from Moulton - perhaps we could meet up somewhere, perhaps Moulton Park to get some practice siarad Cymraeg !
Hwyl - Tina.

Tina
Noswaith da
I would enjoy meeting up, anywhere you choose. I work from home so my time is very flexible.
Let me know please.
Hywl
Glynn

Charlie
noswaiith da
I would be interested in a meet at Harboro"
lots of places there, let me know please.
hywl
Glynn

1 Like

I posted on the Clarendon Park Facebook group (Leicester) and there are four people potentially interested!

Havenā€™t checked their availability yet, but something like a Monday evening might work, as we could probably find a friendly pub thatā€™s not too busy? What do you reckon, Charlie?

1 Like

Sounds like a plan to me @chris-mitchell . I should be free most Mondays. I donā€™t know if this is convenient for you at all @glynnhughes2002 ?
Or is anyone else up for a chat in Market Harborough as well? If people are up for it we could always alternate the location

I would have a problem getting to Market Harborough in the evening - I drive during the day but am 83 and have a problem with my eyes which makes night - driving hazardous.

itā€™s a 56 mile round trip for me to Leicester, hopefully somewhere closer.