Cariad @ Iaith - Nant Gwrtheyrn

The new 2014 series of Cariad @ Iaith will be filmed at the Welsh language centre Nant Gwrtheyrn, Llithfaen, Gwynedd, you’ll find more info here -

http://www.s4c.co.uk/cariadatiaith/e_index.shtml

There will be a Cariad @ Iaith party in the Nant on the 11 of June, if you are interested in attending please contact Nant Gwrtheyrn to book a place!

Thanks for letting us all know. I would certainly have missed this without the prompt. I’ve enjoyed Hwb, so I think I’ll enjoy this.

Here is the list of participating celebs -

https://www.s4c.co.uk/cariadatiaith/c_index.shtml

Diolch Catrin. Pretty eclectic group. I’m sure that my wife told me that Sam Evans was speaking Welsh on Big Brother, although you don’t have to be a complete beginner for Cariad@Iaith do you? Also, am I the only one who thinks that John Owen-Jones looks a bit like Edward Norton?

Neville Southall talking about the prospect of a TeamGB football squad at the London Olympics: “What flag are they going to put up if they win it? The Union Jack? It’s not my flag. My flag’s a dragon.”

Remember, if you’re in the Pen Llyn area next Wednesday evening the 11th, there will be a Cariad@Iaith party in Nant Gwrtheyrn. If you are interested in attending please contact Nant Gwrtheyrn today to book a place! Tickets are free!

The Cariad@Iaith teepees are in the process of being erected this morning!

There is a double -page feature in the latest edition of ‘Lingo Newydd’ Can’t wait to see how Nev Southall gets on

Just received a phone call from Nant Gwrtheyrn confirming our places for the Cariad@iaith party on Wednesday night and to confirm also that they are now full!

Will come back with a report of how it went on Thursday! :slight_smile:

You can check out all the Cariad@Iaith gossip on Nant Gwrtheyrn’s Twitter feed - (@NantGwrtheyrn1) https://twitter.com/NantGwrtheyrn1

Very Long shot, but is anyone from Oxfordshire, or even near Oxfordshire(!) going to the party?

If so, please get in touch.

mwe [at] fastmail dot co dot uk

(with the necessary changes).
If that does not work for you, please PM, but I might not see that as quickly.

Diolch ymlaen llaw,
Mike

Goodness, are you travelling from Oxfordshire to the Nant for Wednesday evening Mike? If so well done on getting a ticket! I know that they’ve had to be turning people away - some friends of ours unfortunately failed to get in.

I’m looking forward to a relaxing and entertaining evening out with Mr Jones - it should be great fun! Usually we have to take it in turns but this time we’ve hit the jackpot and got a babysitter, so we can flee the nest together! :slight_smile:

I asked early before I quite knew what I was letting myself in for …

If that does not work for you, please PM, but I might not see that as quickly.

You should do, because PMs trigger an email alert…:smile:

Radio Wales will be live from the “Nant” today from one o’clock on the Eleri Sion show where you get to hear this years learners on Cariad@Iaith:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiowales/programmes/schedules/fm#on-now

Nia Parri will be talking on the show shortly along with Matt…

Finally back home and in bed after a fabulous evening filming with Cariad@Iaith in Nant Gwrtheyrn. We had such a wonderful time with lovely people in the most beautiful location. :slight_smile:

Yup, some really good people involved (which I suspect is at least partly because the people at Fflic are a really nice crew, so they tend to find other nice people). I hope we’ll see some of them on the forum - they certainly know that they’d get a warm welcome here, and I’m sure that you’re going to enjoy watching their adventures over the next week…:smile:

Sorry, did not get chance to post (or even read ) this thread again before getting ready to set off on my Excellent Adventure to/in the Llyn.

IIRC, I applied for a ticket when I was still pumped up by the April Bootcamp experience and full of confidence to try anything and everything Welsh.

However, I didn’t seem to hear anything further after the initial acknowledgement, then as time went by that pumped-up confidence seemed to be leaking away and the logistical problems of actually getting there were looming large, so I wouldn’t have minded (in one sense) if they’d told me I hadn’t made the short list. Public transport seemed to be a non-starter, and I didn’t think I’d get permission from The Boss to steal the car for 2 days (she couldn’t come because of other commitments). However, early this week I got a phone call from the Nant, and had to pretty quickly make up my mind whether to go or not, and I decided I’d make it happen one way or another.

Fortunately, The Boss gave the green light, and the weather was co-operative, and I had the pleasure of driving through some stunning scenery on almost deserted lovely windy Welsh “A” roads. It was touch and go whether I’d get there on time as my navigation isn’t the best, and inevitably it took longer than it should have, but I made it for the welcoming drinks and the show, and had time to chat to a friendly group of learners from (mostly I think) Ynys Mon, before things got going properly.

After the show, I had the pleasure of meeting one half of the Fab Four, and (thanks for the introduction Aran!) also the lovely Nia Parry, who surprised, but very definitely delighted me with a little sws on the cheek! :slight_smile: (I’m definitely smitten now! :slight_smile: ).

And for those who have not met her, she is just as lovely, bubbly and encouraging in real life as on the screen, if not more so.
Matt also seems like a really nice guy, although I didn’t get the chance to speak to him (and definitely no sws! - I wouldn’t have minded, but he’s into designer stubble :slight_smile: ).

Was more than half expecting to see Kim there somehow. His absence was the only slight disappointment of the evening. :slight_smile:

I reluctantly dragged myself away at about 2am, but the party was still in full swing! :slight_smile:

Tune in to Cariad@Iaith tonight at 8.25pm on S4C!

I’ve never watched before but I’m really enjoying this.

Not a great deal to learn from the show but I see the lessons are being put up on YouTube. Interesting stuff, Nia Parry’s enthusiasm is contagious!